Sunday, November 7, 2010

Keegan

You did stay until end, right?

The Jayhawks race onto the field following their 52-45 comeback victory over Colorado, Saturday, Nov. 6, 2010 at Kivisto Field.

KU-CU video clips

Video clips from the Jayhawks' 52-45 win over Colorado.

Purchasers of a ticket to watch Kansas University battle Colorado on a sunny Saturday afternoon for the right to avoid last place in the Big 12 North could be grouped into three categories:

1. Those who had seen enough of this team and ate their tickets because they couldn’t give them away;
  2. Those who took the trouble to go to the game, but left at halftime;
  3. Those who didn’t quit on their team, stayed until the end and witnessed the biggest comeback in the history of Kansas football.

Members of Groups 1 and 2 will be picking eggshells out of their eyebrows for months. The ones who stayed until the end of KU’s 52-45 victory won’t soon forget watching a tidal wave of emotion sweep the sidelines and spill onto the field during a fourth-quarter comeback that rewrote the record books.

Kansas scored 35 consecutive points in the game’s final 11 minutes and five seconds. That would be the same team that in the 14 quarters (210 minutes) leading up to Saturday’s game — the second half of the Baylor game and complete games against Kansas State, Texas A&M and Iowa State — had totaled 33 points.

Those who stayed put until the end of a game that was not televised gained respect for so many participants in a comeback that was even more improbable than the team’s punter standing up in the locker room and giving an unsolicited pregame pep talk in which he vented his fury against a Colorado team that started Kansas on a seven-game losing streak to end a 2009 season that started with a 5-0 record.

“He kind of surprised me by standing up and addressing the team,” receiver Johnathan Wilson said of Alonso Rojas. “I feel like it gave a spark to the team. It might not have showed in the first half, but it showed in the second half. I was really proud of him for standing up, and he’s not a real vocal guy.”

If it helped, it was a delayed reaction. Colorado’s Rodney Stewart, so short and so quick, continued his domination of KU’s defense with an eight-yard touchdown run that put Colorado up 45-17 with 14:52 left.

As the diehards who stayed until the last second dropped off the clock could tell you, this was when Kansas freshman running back James Sims went to work behind an offensive line that had its best day of the season. Sims’ 13-yard rush for a TD cut the deficit to 21 points with 11:05 left. Sims ran for 75 of his 123 yards and three of his four touchdowns in the final quarter.

First-year KU coach Turner Gill made the call of the season with an onside kick recovered by receiver Bradley McDougald.

“I didn’t know we were doing an onside kick,” Wilson said. “I was on the sideline thinking about the next drive, and people started yelling we had the ball. It was a great spark in the fourth quarter. I thank coach for making that call.”

Down 21 points, defensive end Toben Opurum said he turned to D-tackle Patrick Dorsey on the sideline and said, “You know we’re really not out of this game. You realize that, right?”

Opurum added, “He looked at me and said, ‘Yeah.’ Maybe a couple of guys were like, ‘Man, same thing again this week.’ We came back, big play after big play after big play.”

The next would come from Wilson, who did a nice job of catching a Quinn Mecham pass and relentlessly making his way toward the end zone and diving in.

“Once I scored that touchdown, I felt like the stadium came alive,” Wilson said. “Even though we were down by 14, I knew we were going to win the game. I just knew it. That was crazy. I love the game. That’s what football’s all about, especially college football. We showed a lot of passion and we didn’t give up. We didn’t quit.”

Two plays after Wilson wouldn’t be denied the end zone, red-shirt freshman nickelback Tyler Patmon stepped in front of a short Cody Hawkins pass intended for Luke Walters, got his hands on it and dropped it.

“It hurt my heart,” Patmon said.

It also motivated him toward redemption that came soon.

Three plays later, Colorado tried a receiver reverse. Just as the handoff was being made, Opurum hit receiver Toney Clemons with so much force, so much passion, the ball spit out. Patmon scooped it up and took it to the end zone. The call stood after a review.

“Toben, he’s a freak athlete, man,” Wilson said of last year’s leading rusher who started this season at linebacker. “Running back, linebacker, defensive end, whatever. He’s just a good athlete.”

Opurum sniffed out the play perfectly.

“I saw the tackle go away from me, and I just looked down the line to see if anyone was coming to block me, and I saw the receiver coming around, and I read the reverse, and I knew I could get there real quick, just hit him hard,” Opurum said. “I didn’t even know it was a fumble until I heard the crowd cheering. I looked up, and I saw my roommate running down the field.”

His roommate, Patmon, who had made the game’s first tackle, for a three-yard loss, was just warming up.

Two plays from scrimmage after Patmon’s touchdown, Hawkins dropped back to pass to the sidelines, 15 yards upfield. Patmon intercepted it and stepped out of bounds.

On the next play, the loyal fans still in the stands saw Daymond Patterson pull a pass headed for the sidelines in with one hand, a remarkable catch for a 22-yard gain. Sims covered the final 20 yards on four carries, and with 4:30 left the game was tied.

With 52 seconds left, Sims put KU ahead with a 28-yard run. The Buffaloes almost tied it, but their quest died at the seven-yard line.

Comments

100 3 years, 8 months ago

"Tell the KU fans we're bringing the program back."

daverinoku 3 years, 8 months ago

is that short for jayhawk innebriated?

ampthatman 3 years, 8 months ago

I don't get it. Are you a KU fan? Do you want us to lose? Shall we all pat you on the back if/when we lose to NU and MU?

100 3 years, 8 months ago

Wow. As if we didn't have you pegged the last two weeks. Since you're such a non-idiot who we all deeply respect, could "you't" make it any more clear that you're a Cornhusker on this website?

Again we do feel flattered that you spend your time here & not on the Nebraska website.

And, yes, I'd be happy to give you the score in head to head recruiting between our schools over the last few months:

KU -- two (2) Nebraska -- nothing (0)

Enjoy the Big 10.

Kip_McSmithers 3 years, 8 months ago

100, as a fellow KU fan I think you may want to know we lost out on the #5 QB in the nation to Nebraska. And the worst thing about it is he's from KANSAS!

Steven Mathew 3 years, 8 months ago

He's only choosing Nebraska over Kansas because of his love for baseball more than football. I would know because I know him. I also know that he may turn down Nebraska and go right to the MLB draft next June after he graduates.

Kip_McSmithers 3 years, 8 months ago

I don't know him but I got all of that from the ESPNU broadcast a few weeks ago. Either way, he's not enrolling at Kansas, which was kind of my point.

Topcitykid10 3 years, 8 months ago

I must admit I left at 2 qtr but ran back in 4th qtr

truefan 3 years, 8 months ago

"But then, you already knew that, didn’t you? You were one of the ones who stayed until the end. At least that’s what you’ll claim for the rest of your life, won’t you?"

Yes, yes I did already know that. I've never left a game early and I kept that streak alive yesterday. I saw every horrible minute from quarters 1 through 3 and I was rewarded with getting to see every amazing play in quarter 4. I can't even speak now from yelling so hard and it is completely worth it.

I told my brother that we were in the game, but we didn't have any options to score quickly. I was proven wrong immediately as the next play was the touchdown strike to Wilson in which he made a beautiful catch on a ball thrown perfectly to his back shoulder where only he had a chance at it. Having the wind behind us really helped the comeback also. Hankins' passes were hanging up in the wind and that's what gave us the late interception. The win wasn't pretty, but apparently it was meant to be.

JBurtin 3 years, 8 months ago

My hope for this game is that it woke our players up to how hard they need to be playing all the time. Bring that much effort in the first quarter and this game could have been in the bag for us by halftime. The problem is that most of our best players are young and looking up to non-existent senior leadership to show them how to play. I think the young guys finally got tired of losing and figured out that they have to be in charge of their own destiny.

Then again, it might just be the fact that Mecham can actually hit an open receiver. :-)

Rick Arnoldy 3 years, 8 months ago

"The problem is that most of our best players are young and looking up to non-existent senior leadership to show them how to play."

I have heard that that is the real problem. A faction of upper classmen are still Mangino supporters and haven't bought into the Gill philosophies (who can blame them - being treated like high schoolers).

Rick Arnoldy 3 years, 8 months ago

Anyone see the KSU-UT game last night. I can't help but wonder if Bob Davie wasn't taking a veiled shot at HCTG and his puritan approach to the team. The announcers were talking about all the media outlets today (twitter, facebook, texting, etc.) and how coaches need to advise players on the dangers of abuse or lack patience rather than outright banning activities (no cell phones, no alcohol). Paraphrasing - his reasoning was you will always have someone break the rules then you're forced to punish them. Whereas if it's allowed and they do something stupid you have a teaching moment.

kranny 3 years, 8 months ago

My brother who attended K State explained that suburbans would pull up into Aggieville, asst. coaches would get out, scour the bars and tell players to get in the vehicles to go home. Todd Reesing was found passed out at the wheel the night before the MU game last year. Joques Crawford hits one of our best linemen with a car and his career is done at a party at Jayhawk towers. Tyshawn Taylor shoots his mouth off on Twitter or whatever and Bill Self drops the hammer. I know a lot of Dad's of KU female students who are probably more than happy to know that KU football players will be taking their daughters home(or at least out the players' home)by 10 o'clock. Point being that if the players are not buying into a program because of a few "rules", then they should transfer and let the ones who are willing to buy into the program to get playing time. Bob Davie had one good year at Notre Dame and got his a$$ kicked in the Fiesta Bowl. He was a horrible coach as well as a horrible announcer. He provides as much analytical insight to a game as Vitale does during college basketball.

Ben McDaniel 3 years, 8 months ago

Why does it matter what the fathers of adult females who go out with football players think of the time their dates end? Do fathers own daughters? Even if you are one of those people who think women should be slaves to men, how does that affect the football team?

You are right that it is bad to have players who are out of control, but there is a big difference between being out of control and being straight-laced. And any value your comment might have was destroyed by your misogyny.

kranny 3 years, 8 months ago

Yikes, As a father of a daughter, I think somebody missed the point. Misogyny! Slaves to men! I chuckle to myself. Let's hear the rules of the successful coaches in the SEC or otherwise before we start throwing stones. Let's hear the discipline track records of those coaches also. Everybody is so quick to criticize because the Hawks are 3-6 after losing the last 7 games last year with more talent on the team. Let the man coach. If the Hawks are under .500 after his 3rd year, I'll be the first to sign the petition. Coach isn't asking his team to be straight-laced. He's asking them to be responsible, treat women with respect, get their homework done, get to bed, get to class, and get to practice, and earn their scholarships.

kranny 3 years, 8 months ago

If it's any consolation, I imagine there are some parents of players who are happy to know that their sons are getting their dates and girlfriends home by 10

Ashwin Rao 3 years, 8 months ago

I believe that we have found our QB for this year! Mecham... he is the player that we were looking for! He played well once he found his confidence in Iowa State. He then started off slow and found his confidence in the 4th Qtr of this game. If I were the coach, I won't bring back Webb or Pick any time soon as Mecham is the spark that we were looking for. He may not have the arm strength (esp. against the wind), but he is accurate and he does have good football sense, he also knows how to win.

treidy 3 years, 8 months ago

I suggested on Matt Taits' Football Notebook on October 28th that Mecham could our answer. I am not sure how to copy a post so the link is below. And yes, I am still Anti-Gill and have been pretty pessimistic about his season in general.

Andy Hess 3 years, 8 months ago

i was forced to leave. my friends who drove me decided to leave at the half, so i didn't have much choice. great call, guys! gah!

Ken Sedgwick 3 years, 8 months ago

Your friends suck, find new friends.

leonard 3 years, 8 months ago

Here's a sub-category to the 3 brought up by Keegan.

Those that didn't purchase a ticket and covering the game is their job...eliminating the choice of leaving early.

We've all had the experience when calling in to a help desk...for your cable or internet service...and hear the announcement that the call will be recorded for quality assurance purposes.

Well, I'd like to have a recording of the conversations in the press box. I'm sure it would reveal Keegan bemoaning the fact that the fans were ridiculously leaving a game that we still had a chance to win...Keegan claiming this game had a different feel than the previous blowouts...the KU team is poised for a huge comeback...you gotta have faith, this team won't quit...it ain't over till it's over.

I don't need a lecture on famdom from a 3-chinned donut hole that never pays for a ticket. I used to think that the word turdblossom was just a made-up expression. Not anymore, there was a real, live one in full bloom on display in the press box Saturday.

HawkTronic 3 years, 8 months ago

jhawk613 3 years, 8 months ago

Here's what I think KU students need to learn.

1. The Wheel will still be there after the game is over.

2. The Wheel isn't that awesome and doesn't warrant leaving at halftime to attend.

Jared Grillot 3 years, 8 months ago

Wait... The Wheel isn't awesome? You mean, it isn't the coolest place in town to hang out? You mean, the only reason it has ever been popular is because it's right off campus, and that occasionally people get away with underage drinking there? Wow. I'm disillusioned.

On the other hand... Best. Quarter. Ever. And honestly, if those students went to The Wheel, they ran really fast to get back because the student section filled back up, which was almost as much fun to watch as that one-handed reception!

Now if we could throw a few more of those quarters out there. Rock Chalk Jayhawk.

ZDKC 3 years, 8 months ago

Here's what jhawk613 needs to learn.

People can do whatever they choose with their time. I believe the only place the "fan police" exists is N. Korea. Save your sententious rambles for church.

truefan 3 years, 8 months ago

Pretty sure most of the stadium was empty, not just the student section...

Some of our fans (not all and not just students) need to learn that not showing up for the game and not staying the entire time proves that they are a fair weather fan.

I'm a student and I have never left a game early. Don't make blanket statements.

hawkop 3 years, 8 months ago

Did you really? Someone get this kid a merit badge or some sort of fan of the year award.

Seriously, though, I am still laughing at how lame this post is. Maybe KU should put guidelines in their student handbook on how to be a good fan. hahahaha

truefan 3 years, 8 months ago

This post as in my post, or this post as in the original post complaining about the fans?

If you are talking about my post then it's obvious that you have no idea what it means to be a good fan.

TimmytheJayhawk 3 years, 8 months ago

From 1987, when I stepped on campus, The Wheel was more fun than the 2nd half of KU football.

Mangenius, Talib, Reesing and many others turned that corner. We had a reason to stay.

Unfortunately, the tide has turned and the Wheel is more fun again.

For those that left... yeah it sucks. It was an amazing comeback, but it was a choice made with good facts and sound judgement... (and The Wheel is great!)

I hope that we start getting better and we true Jayhawks have a reason to stay and enjoy a great 2nd half at the stadium and then go to The Wheel!

Ibajayhawk 3 years, 8 months ago

The players are riding an emotional high, so why don't we help keep them up there. Sims is aggresive and seems to have developed a nose for the end zone. The O line seems to be coming together, probably because the qb is in the pocket where he belongs. I think Mecham's arm is plenty good, he is a touch passer which means the more he works and adjusts to his receivers the better his arm strength will appear. The defense stopped over running plays and started breaking down in front of the ball carrier instead of overshooting them. All in all I saw quite a bit of improvement and have high hopes for these young men. Go Hawks

ShockNAwe 3 years, 8 months ago

We saw one family leave right after KU had tied the score at 45!

Jared Grillot 3 years, 8 months ago

Wow, Leonard. A little bitter? Because I'm pretty sure that "You stayed, right?" was no lecture, but rather a bit of facetious humor to point out that, of course, no one knew that quarter was going to happen, though he is apparently reporting that some of our players still felt they could pull something off, which they did, and if you happened to be there, as indeed I was, you witnessed something spectacular, and if you weren't for whatever reason, you definitely missed out. Keegan says nothing in here about "you should have known better". Anger and namecalling? You posted just to call names? You need to relax and enjoy the win.

waywardJay 3 years, 8 months ago

interesting ... the players that made most of the plays.

Opurum, DE Sophomore. Patmon, DB Freshman. Sims, RB Freshman. Meachem, QB Junior ( first year in DI )

It appears our "improving" underclassmen are becoming Upperclassmen.

Keegan wrote an article pre-season, suggesting this season names would be made. Indeed so, Names are being made.

I was at Texas AM, We looked like we could have won that game at points. Surprised we didn't throw meachem out there at the end of that game.... He's earned the Nod for the rest of the year.... While we build up Junior Pick and Sophomore Webb for the "future"... DOes anyone remember Colt McCoy as a freshman, or Vince Young as freshman ???? They were wildly erratic too.

Opurum is going to be a stud wherever we play him, personally. I hope we keep him at DE. He was making impact their without really knowing the position. This move appears to be BRILLIANT.

Sims has been good most of the year. We do need a change of pace back who is proven..... Sim's slash needs a Steamroller to flatten the linebackers to turn modest 123 yard performances into 200 yards of multipurpose in 45-10 blowouts. Kid's going to be REALLY GOOD if we find consistant blocking, and a "fullback"

Beshears is our Percy Harvin. Next year's receiving core is going to be muddled with Omigie, McGriff, Beshears, Patterson, and MacDougald. Unfortunately, I smell a transfer.

Terry and Opurum appear to be the foundations for 2 more years of defense.... Kande and Brown are playing now.... freshman and sophmores playgn now mean stronger players come Junior and senior seasons....

We need a Haloti Ngata to step up though, solidify the line ...take two lineman with his presence so Opurum and Woods and get to the QB easier....

In all honesty, Keeg's has been riding both sides of the fence all season long so as to not be proved "wrong".... He's been Pro-D Opurum when at the begining of the season he wrote and article railing Gill for not playing O Opurum.

waywardJay 3 years, 8 months ago

He'll say we are a 4-8 team befor ethe season starts..... Then he'll talk about how stars are going to be made..... Last time i saw, 4-8 teams didn't have stars.

Like it our not, Gill's still got these kids playign which NO Anti-Gill Fool can argue away. Some of his plays have made big impact.... Terry's a fine Safety. Opurum's a Fine De/LB hybrid. Playign Beshears has been brilliant and he figured to be BACKUP this year.

These are Gill's moves. He waited too long to go to Meachem. But the mistakes Webb and Pick made were not because of talent, so much as experience.... there are places this team is vastly lacking in talent, Yes. QB is not one of them. I have faith in Webb Over pick, when I saw Pick he looked gunshy in the pocket, he never confidently stepped into throws, held onto the ball too long.... Mistakes of a YOUGN Quarterback.... Mistkes Vince Young Made as a PRO Quarterback in his first tow seasons.... If we can see that sort of Improvement from PICK, We will see a vast improvement next year, if not because of Pick's ability but because it will force Webb to really raise his game.

Bourbon's the guy I want to see add 20 pounds of muscle this offseason. I want him playign Alstott, to Sim's Dunn in a two headed Running game that just grinds games out. Sure, We won't win games 45-10 every week, but that sort of team WINS GAMES.

Next year assuming my improvements... Sims and Bourbon could be a formidable two back set, with Beshears and Pattterson lined up to one side and MacDougald/ Omigie / McGriff playing the ISO receiver. Beshears and Patterson BOTh have played defens eand are big enough to block downfield for their size... Both can hit the homerun pass either over the top or by breaking tackles.....

Senior Meachem, Junior Pick, or Sophomore Webb could all bring different intangibles. Meacham's accuracy, Pick's feet, and Webb's Bravado...All of them will be competing for the starters spot.... aggressively. It will be a war we will benefit from.

hailtoku 3 years, 8 months ago

You know, some colleges do have fans who come to every game and stay for the entire thing.

Why don't our fans treat the football the same as our basketball team.

waywardJay 3 years, 8 months ago

They also have historical perspective and a recent history of winning seasons. Not 1 season over .the last decade where we went better than 8-5 or 7-6. And 8-5 once and 7-5 once. GO back another decade and we have two Elite seasons ( 2 loss or less ) one 8-4 and one 8-5. Our grand total of winning seasons in those twenty years is 7.

We have 1 more winning season in the previous decade.

Husker Fan, Kansas is getting better but it's not anywhere near competitve over my life time. We got the right coach now, we are starting to have players make plays, and we are coming off a win heading to your boys stadium. We'll see how the rest of the season shakes out.

For arguments sake.... Wake up Sunday morning and Kansas upsets Nebraska, Does this automatically sell out ever game next year, No. However, it does give fans a reason to believe that our boys are going to be competitive next year. And the year after... and the year after...

A Nebraska blow out would fuel those who think we don't have the right coach, but honestly.... It's astounding to me that anyone would argue it's the coach after Saturday's game. We were dead in the water, and then we weren't. We weren't because the kid's still believed they could win a game down 4 touchdowns with less than 15 minutes left. Call me Crazy but it's not just the kid's fighitng for this.

waywardJay 3 years, 8 months ago

note* 1 season over ( error corrected...i'm sure you will point that out )

troutsee 3 years, 8 months ago

I have been a diehard fan for years. But, I am ashamed to say that by halftime I had had all I could take. After personally viewing all of the shellackings that we have had this year, I just could not bear to witness another one and I left, angrier than hell, vowing that I would not return. Shame on me. Naturally I will break that angry vow.

That being said, our defense still is the weak link of this team. Unless the defense can get some three and outs in our next three games, we will get blown out. Incidently, I have tickets to the NU game on Sat night and I will be there.

Mechum looked comfortable out there. He certainly will start against NU.

But for now Jayhawk footballers, both players and fans, enjoy this magnificent moment and let's give it our all for the remainder of the season.

milehighhawk 3 years, 8 months ago

Somebody's got to YouTube the 4th Quarter....I mean, Channel 6 was there, right? Pretty please??

Listened to the first half on my phone here in Colorado - reception was choppy. Kind of lost hope with that Mecham INT right before half. Checked back in on KUsports.com and it was 38-10 at the end of the third/beginning of the fourth, so I gave up. THEN I get a text from a buddy that we won - literally thought he was joking. Unbelievable.

Jayhawk1116 3 years, 8 months ago

I stayed! This makes up for staying the entire K-State game. Karma?

truefan 3 years, 8 months ago

Yes, I sat through that one and Texss A&M and I believe I was rewarded. I probably won't ever see something like that live again as long as I live. Just unbelievable.

kranny 3 years, 8 months ago

I listened to the first quarter with my family and then went out to do yard work. Checked scores after that. Came back in during the 4th quarter to listen to the CU final drive. After Bob Davis called the CU receiver catch in the end zone(which was dropped) my family told me to go back outside because saying I was a jinx. After hearing the cheering inside after the final dropped pass, my family allowed me back inside. What a win for those kids, the coaches and the fans. I salute the fans that stayed, I can't imagine what it was like to see such a comeback.

truefan 3 years, 8 months ago

Thank your family for me! haha

thehavok 3 years, 8 months ago

I stayed!!!!! I always do. I called my dad who was back home listening to it on the radio and shut it off after the 3rd qt. He couldn't believe it, I bet he is glad I called him so he could listen to the end.

lfigment99 3 years, 8 months ago

JG for PK

You must have had too much kool-aid or were as blind as a couple of the referree's if you think the student section filled back up. Not even the lowest section filled back up.

Jared Grillot 3 years, 8 months ago

Well, lack of creativity on your comments aside (is it always "drinking the koolaid" now? Really? I don't think half the people that use that even know where it comes from), obviously NONE of our sections "filled", however, there were considerably more people in the stands midway through the 4th quarter than there were midway through the 3rd. People came back.

Andy Tweedy 3 years, 8 months ago

I admitted so much yesterday, but I drive to the games from Omaha, and after three quarters decided I needed to get a head start back home. I think I have left two games early in my 24 years as a KU fan (walked on to the Hill in '86), but I will long remember the mistake I made yesterday. But in fairness, there was so little evidence from quarters one through three to indicate we would even score let alone come back and win. But alas, my most vivd memory of yesterday's game will be the voice of my wife in the passenger seat saying "what? did they just score AGAIN?" AGHHHHHH!!!!

jhawkshocker 3 years, 8 months ago

This was my 1st time at a KU football game. My son and I drove 3 hours to attend. I spent $160 for the 2 tickets which I bought in August. My other son who goes to KU arranged for an awesome free parking spot. At the beginning of the 4th quarter, I told my son I was ready to go home. He said "but dad, you said we would stay the entire game, no matter what...and besides, we gain an hour tonight, so c'mon let's stay" We stayed......I never sat down that last quarter and yelled and cheered so much I don't have a voice today. The win was awesome, but the best part.........watching all those KU players on the sideline, they were so
pumped.

kesmithstl1 3 years, 8 months ago

I gotta admit, we left with 10 minutes to go. Right after KU's touchdown to cut the lead to 21!!! As we were boarding the shuttle, we heard the bell, and contemplated getting off the bus, but figured if we went back it would jinx the comeback! I'm glad we didn't go back and KU won. I wouldn't have been able to live with myself it we went back in and the comeback was cut short!

Timothy Grillot 3 years, 8 months ago

We have a family rule if you go to a game you stay to the end. I bought tickets for several of my kids and their spouses. Unfortunately, I had to attend a playoff game in Chanute so I had to leave in the 3rd quarter. I excitedly listened to the game on the radio all the way there. When we tied and definitely when we went ahead I almost went into the ditch!

I see some griping in the posts above about the next games? Who cares? Live in the moment. We won with an improbable comeback! Revel in the moment! Yes I want to win but even if we lose out we start 12 freshman out of 22 spots. We got a win that will give momentum going into next year. Sneak one more win and we only lose one game from last year with a much, much younger team. It was very discouraging to quickly go down 35-10. But you have to give the team credit they never gave up when most of us did give up. They competed!

Meghan Sullivan 3 years, 8 months ago

I can proudly be grouped in the third category! ROCK CHALK!

shelleysue 3 years, 8 months ago

We left early. SO disappointed. This is the first year we have EVER left a game early. It's hard to tough it out with the thought of getting on the road early for the long drive home. However, I will never do that again! Great job guys. Rock Chalk!!

kuhawksr1 3 years, 8 months ago

Stayed until the end just like we did during every game of the Terry Allen era. Needless to say, it was about time we saw a comeback like that!