Sunday, March 7, 2010

KU men will not hold open practice at Big 12 Championship

Kansas will not participate in an open practice on Tuesday at the Sprint Center in Kansas City, Mo., because it is a top four seed in the upcoming Big 12 Championship.

Only seeds Nos. 5-12 will have have open practices on Tuesday.

Comments

KIBBYHAWK 11 years, 9 months ago

Why cant the top 4 seeds have open practices?

Chicago_JHawk 11 years, 9 months ago

Kibby - my guess is they won't hold an open practice on Tuesday because they won't arrive until Wednesday.

Dyrk Dugan 11 years, 9 months ago

right....it's strictly logistics. they only way they could have an open practice, would be if they got there at 8 a.m. on Wednesday.

not going to happen.

bradynsdad 11 years, 9 months ago

i cant stand every year having the early thursday game i always have to leave work to watch it. it seems to me though everyone pretty much has ku as the number 1 overall seed regardless of the big twelve tournament.

Helen Gross 11 years, 9 months ago

bradysdad-- I hope u r right! I want to go to St Louis.

yates33333 11 years, 9 months ago

Why call this the Big 12 Championship? It's the Big 12 tournament. KU is already the champion, once again. I hope KU wins the Big 12 tournament as well and later the National Championship. Go Hawks.

Tony Bandle 11 years, 9 months ago

I do commend the Big Twelve for moving the tourney up a day in order to finish on Saturday.

The good news is it 's an extra day's rest for the serious contenders [Kansas].

The bad news is, with the old way if you slipped on Sunday's finale, it didn't hurt your seed, however, now if you slip, the selection committee has 24 hours to think it over.

bradynsdad, because of this phenomena, I am afraid KU will have to win out to gain the overall seed. [a #1 seed is already a done deal, but the overall #1 assures us of St.Louis.]

The problem is our closest competitor, UK has a very good chance to win out and edge us......sometimes excellence is it's own punishment!! :}

PS It is kind of fun to think that every time Calamari looks up, it's his tormentor Bill Self and Kansas sitting there!!!!!!