Originally published June 15, 2010 at 10:35a.m., updated June 15, 2010 at 03:48p.m.

Watch Dan Beebe’s press conference

The Texas Longhorns are staying, the Pac-10 is moving on without them, and the Big 12 has been saved.

The announcements, both from Texas and the West Coast, as well as the Big 12’s confirmation on its official website, end one of the wildest rides ever witnessed by college athletics. The impact spanned eight conferences, nearly 100 universities and the better part of the last two weeks.

Jim Marchiony, KU associate athletic director for external affairs, said Monday that KU would not have any comment on the matter until today.

Below you can watch Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe take questions from the media during his press conference on Tuesday morning.

Flash player

Dan Beebe Press Conference

Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe addresses the media on Tuesday, June 15, 2010.

Comments

Jonathan Kealing 4 years, 4 months ago

We're having some technical difficulties we didn't have when we tested earlier this morning. We're trying to fix as quickly as we can.

JayhawkRock 4 years, 4 months ago

Its fine you guys have done so much for us the last couple days.

Will you be posting the Q&A later?

Jonathan Kealing 4 years, 4 months ago

Possibly the full Q&A, not sure though. We'll definitely have highlights. Check back in an hour or so as we get our feet under ourselves.

ccarp 4 years, 4 months ago

Thanks for setting this up. Look forward to hearing/reading the details covered. I've appreciated the updates and I think being informed of activity helped me stay calm...and entertained.

Just curious, I've heard Texas will now have their longhorn network, would Kansas consider a network as well? I know there is not as much interested in KU sports beyond the big 2, but I wouldn't mind watching recruit video, game break downs, and even practices. I live in St. Louis and would really like to have 24 hr access to the jayhawks. I'd rather have a jayhawk network than pay for the ESPN full court advantage. I'd pay double for a jayhawk channel....as long as I got preseasons games and NCAA coverage where they DID NOT brake away from the KU game when we are up 20. Just a thought. I've been told many times in the last few weeks that we are not texas, but I'd like to know if we've considered our own network. Couldn't channel 6 just call itself the jayhawk network and be available nationwide? :-)

shimjhawk2002 4 years, 4 months ago

i 2nd that notion though wonder/doubt if it is even possible.

iluvdbskxjayhawks 4 years, 4 months ago

I would support my jayhawks too by purchasing the KU network channel if it ever becomes available.

Aaron Carpenter 4 years, 4 months ago

I can't imagine that this is not possible. I would think that if we all paid we could have access to a lot of cool things including games, recruits and so on. I also would do this, just start naming a price!

kuproud96 4 years, 4 months ago

Is anyone else tired of the cheap flashing advertisements on the LJW?

psychoanalyst 4 years, 4 months ago

flash YES! flash flash YES! flash flash YES! flash flash YES! flash flash YES! flash flash YES! flash flash YES! flash flash YES! flash flash YES! flash flash YES! flash