Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Ex-Jayhawk Pollard to play against Serbia

Former Kansas University basketball power forward/center Scot Pollard will compete for the Midwest All-Stars in a pair of games against Basketball Club Partizan of Belgrade, Serbia, later this month.

Pollard and former Michigan State player Mateen Cleaves are listed as the headliners for the Midwest team that will play Serbia on Sept. 27 at Purdue-Calumet University in Hammond, Ind. The second game will be played Sept. 30 at Dakota High School in Macomb, Mich.

Pollard, 34, who did not play for an NBA team last year after 11 years in the league, has not officially retired. He is willing to entertain offers from NBA teams.

Comments

gardenjay 10 years, 4 months ago

Interesting how Pollard is going to play against Serbia. I will be sure to alert all my Balkan friends.

Now, I am here to remind you KU B-ball nuts - those that would read an article such as this - that the KU football team is actually playing someone this coming weekend that should be of interest to you.....Duke! That's right, Duke!

Now, I like both sports, but let's face it, it is football season. Most KU folks know that some of the more vocal fans include yourself, the KU Focused Basketball Fan Base. Why not get out of your box, show up to the hill on Saturday and root for KU to beat Duke! Enjoy some beers and think about how the Devils will hopefully drag themselves back to their campus defeated, and imagine that it might rub off on their athletic program overall, and impact their basketball program in a way that is good for our b-ball program. It should be all good then! I hope you can enjoy the game! RC!

Rick Arnoldy 10 years, 4 months ago

Hhmm, if Pollard couldn't get signed when he was 33, what are Ostertag's chances at 36?

Clydecito 10 years, 4 months ago

Was hopin Scot would give the Big O and his size 18's a call. Why not have two of my favorite, goofy KU big guys on the same roster once again? 36 is the new 22?....

Tony Bandle 10 years, 4 months ago

I wonder what kind of BBQ Scott likes????

actorman 10 years, 4 months ago

Gardenjay, clearly you and all your fellow ignoramuses--er, whiners--are right when you intimate that we should NEVER see a basketball article on this site until after Late Night. The idea of being a huge KU football fan AND reading a basketball article?!?!?! The mind boggles at the thought of such a Herculean task.

I can't even begin to say how sick I am of people like you. If you have a legitimate beef with an article (they have a fact wrong, something in the arrticle doesn't make sense, etc.), it's fine to point it out. But to criticize every single gd-d**ed article that appears on KU Sports??? Give it a rest, already!!!

murph 10 years, 4 months ago

Amen, Actorman! I'd like to think that KU fans have minds capable of grasping more than one idea at a time. Hence, when there's news about one of our roundball favorites like Scot or Big O, we can find time in our day to be glad to hear about it, and still manage to remember that there are football games going on, too. It's sort of the equivalent of being able to walk AND chew gum at the same time. I thought that was only difficult if you're a Misery fan....

gardenjay 10 years, 4 months ago

Well, OK to be a fan of roundball, but there are no games right now. Still, I can understand why sports posters with no sense of humor would take offense.

Therefore I will be sure to be aware of your sensitivities, and just know that I will hear your comments now in my sleep.....walk - and - chew .... walk - and - chew.....

jaybate 10 years, 4 months ago

"I wonder what kind of barbecue Scott likes?" --OakvilleJHawk

Now that's an easy one: Planet Barbecue!