Monday, October 26, 2009

KU-KSU gametime will not be determined until this weekend

Game will be televised on either ABC or Versus

Kansas University’s Jake Sharp (1) bowls over a Kansas State defender in this file photo from Nov. 1, 2008. Sharp rushed for 181 yards against the Wildcats.

The Kansas-Kansas State football matchup set for Nov. 7 in Manhattan will not have an official kickoff time announced until this weekend.

ABC will televise two of the following three games that week: Kansas at Kansas State; Oklahoma at Nebraska; or Oklahoma State at Iowa State. Versus will show the third game.

If the game is on ABC, kickoff time will be 2:30 or 7 p.m. If the game is on Versus, gametime will be 11:30 a.m.

Comments

Kent Wells 10 years, 3 months ago

Not sure if I'm excited this one is on TV. So far, every game has been broadcast. I wish it was 2007.

Cody Stumma 10 years, 3 months ago

Well... in 2007, KU played at KSU on TV.

Kansas State is going to come down from Cloud 9 sooner or later... and if OU somehow screws that up, KU will get the job done.

Either way, KU will beat KSU. I just know they can.

Steve Brown 10 years, 3 months ago

A game we may wish was not on TV the way our plays are being called or executed lately.

10 years, 3 months ago

As the inimitable 100 would likely say:

Just beat Texas Tech!

Michael Leiker 10 years, 3 months ago

I was so looking forward to sitting in my traditional north end zone seats telling all the KSU players how they might as well walk back in the locker room instead of taking the field.

Now I will just do my normal trips back and forth to the port-o-pot to refill my diet coke with Jack Daniels and keep my mouth shut.

Don't forget your power towel!!!!

Kevin Long 10 years, 3 months ago

You guys are just willing to give up that easy? You think KSU is just great all the sudden? Come on! I know the hawks have been less than impressive, but KSU is not as good as advertised.

suttonku 10 years, 3 months ago

When does basketball season start? Im not even interested in this team anymore...I cannot/will not watch a Clint Bowen coached defense and I also wont watch a Warriner coached offense...As long as they are there I dont want to watch.

Bowen may be the worst defensive coordinator ever. Doesnt it seem like this team has talent on defense but they just dont make plays? We need Aqib Talib back or someone that can play the part. Bowen doesnt allow his DBs to go after the ball, instead we let the receivers catch the ball and then tackle them.

And then there is the offense. I know we have talent on this side of the ball yet we can never start the game out right. I want to see the playbook opened up in the first half rather then when we fall behind by 20 points. Quit running Jake Sharp up the middle of the field!!!! He needs to be used on the edge and in the passing game. We are not using Opurum as much as we should either. Run Opurum up the middle and Sharp to the outside just like we did with Mcanderson in 2007. I am so sick of us running the ball up the middle of the field with the smallest player on the field.

Please fire our coordinators and get someone in here that knows what they are doing.

ColonelCatFan 10 years, 3 months ago

Do I detect a hint of fear? By the way, the Louisiana Lafayette game was in the pouring rain. Also, I watched KSU throttle CU this past weekend. How'd that go for KU? Good luck in Lubbock!

TrueBlue92 10 years, 3 months ago

It will be great to put the smack down on the Puddy Tats on national TV!! Get back in your litter box, kittens!!! Two weeks and you'll be back where you belong.

Kent Wells 10 years, 3 months ago

How sad is it that this game will be on TV because KSU is on top of the north...

Beat the mildcats!