Monday, October 19, 2009

KU to meet Texas Tech at 2:30 on ABC

Kansas running back Jake Sharp is driven to the turf by Texas Tech defenders Colby Whitlock (93) McKinner Dixon (43) and Daniel Charbonnet during the fourth quarter Saturday, Oct. 25, 2008 at Memorial Stadium.

The Big 12 Conference announced Monday afternoon that KU-Texas Tech would meet at 2:30 p.m. in Lubbock, Texas, on a game to be televised by ABC.

That will be KU's second 2:30 ABC game, after they play Oklahoma in the same time slot and on the same network this weekend.

Here is the Big 12 TV schedule for the next two weeks.

Saturday, Oct. 24

Iowa State at Nebraska, 11:30 a.m., FSN

Colorado at Kansas State, 11:30 a.m., FCS

Oklahoma State at Baylor, 11:30 a.m., Versus

Oklahoma at Kansas, 2:30 p.m., ABC

Texas at Missouri, 7 p.m., ABC

Saturday, Oct. 31

Nebraska at Baylor, 11:30 a.m., Versus

Missouri at Colorado, 12:30 p.m., FSN

Kansas at Texas Tech, 2:30 p.m., ABC

Kansas State at Oklahoma, 6 p.m., FSN

Texas at Oklahoma State, 7 p.m., ABC or ESPN2

Comments

Bleufer 10 years, 3 months ago

Anyone know if the KU-OU game will be on ESPN or ESPN2 in non-Big 12 territories? Being in Big 10 country, the Big 10 match up will be on local ABC stations, but sometimes ESPN throws a bone and moves one of their other bigger 2:30 games to ESPN or The Duce (e.g., the NU-Tech game this past weekend). Local media doesn't have it posted yet.

Bryan Summers 10 years, 3 months ago

Bleufer - I have the same situation here in Oregon. I don't know if I'll get the games vs. OU and TTU, either.

Jonathan Kealing 10 years, 3 months ago

Bleufer--

Keep an eye on this page:

If you'll notice at the bottom of the graphic they talk about what ESPN and the ESPN2 will carry. Probably updated tomorrow or Wednesday.

Jonathan Kealing Online editor

sdoyel 10 years, 3 months ago

I'll be in Lubbock cheering on the boys!

kcgregory 10 years, 3 months ago

depending on your internet provider you can get almost every ABC/ESPN game on espn360.com via your computer (i haven't run into a game i couldn't get, but i think they blackout some games at times). it's free but not available on every provider. hdmi cord plugged from computer to tv and you're set. not HD quality, but good quality.

FriscoKU 10 years, 3 months ago

great, we are going to get killed on National TV two times in a row.

Jonathan Briles 10 years, 3 months ago

Come on Frisco. We may not win either game but we have chance in both of them. I really dont think that we will get blown out of either of them.

Cody Stumma 10 years, 3 months ago

I'm sure KU will want revenge for what happened at Homecoming last year.

mjhawkchalk 10 years, 3 months ago

Bleufer i would be asking the same question, but all the way from wisconsin i will take the 11 and a half hour drive down to Lawrence.

Mark my words, mangino will have his revenge!

Steve Brown 10 years, 3 months ago

Let's schedule an annual TCU game at J Jones DFW stadium..tons of $$$ and great for Texas recruting...and TCU does have high BCS ratings and bowl implications if we can win our share ... or get SMU, Rice or Arkansas to play us there

I know I know the lawrence business folks will go nuts over this idea...but I said it anyway...

Michael Leiker 10 years, 3 months ago

I just can't help but keep thinking about how positive this CU game was. I really think the players ow have a good baseline for the level they need to play at week in and week out from the second half of that game. Would have been nice to get the win, but I think you're going to see a much more aggressive KU team the rest of the year.

Dirk Medema 10 years, 3 months ago

Glad to see the networks are not nearly as pessimistic about our team as some of our fans - Frisco. If we, or any team, lose the pts off to battle 14-6, there is a good chance we'll lose to anyone, but I don't think that wil happen often.

I'm with Leikness. I think the D came along nicely from ISU - no not perfect, but better against a revamped CU O, and that they'll continue to improve thru the rest of the season.

Rock Chalk.

Spencer Goff 10 years, 3 months ago

I would check the ESPN alt and ESPNU channels too. But that assumes you get them. Hope you guys see it.

Better yet, go Dodge Ball and check the Ocho, they show everything!

Steve Brown 10 years, 3 months ago

note to Fans: stay in stands, do not rush the field after the win, act like we expect to win. We don't rush the AFH court, EVER, and should be same with Mem. Stadium turf.