Saturday, October 17, 2009

KU-Oklahoma start time announced

The Big 12 Conference announced Saturday that next week's Kansas-Oklahoma football game will have a kickoff time of 2:30 p.m.

The game will be televised on ABC. The Texas-Missouri game will follow, at 7 p.m.

Comments

CaramelMacchMan 10 years, 10 months ago

KU s rank is not high enough to hold the game at 7 pm. I am just glad to have the game on ABC.

Scott Perlmutter 10 years, 10 months ago

This sucks. I am flying back into town at 4pm and I will have to sell my ticket now. I really wanted it to be a 7pm game.

Kevin Sontag 10 years, 10 months ago

KU's rank had nothing to do with this decision. It was directly related to OU losing to Texas, falling to 3-3, and falling out of the Top 25 when the polls come out on Monday. Had OU won today, the KU-OU game would have been a matchup of Top 15 teams and destined for prime time.

jayhawkintx73 10 years, 10 months ago

After Oklahoma's second loss, they will probably drop out of the top 20 at the very least in both polls and maybe completely drop out of the top 25. The fact that Bradford was injured again and he probably has no chance at winning the Heisman is probably why we didn't get the prime time game. If OU had won today, we would have had the 7pm slot.

Lonnie Ross Dillon 10 years, 10 months ago

Rats, by not being prime time it means that it will be a regional game and we won't get it out here on the left coast without pay-per-view...we'll get Pac 10 game instead.

Phooey

LAJayhawk 10 years, 10 months ago

OU loss + Bradford out = earlier game.

Now with our loss, both teams will probably be unranked. What could have been a big-time, marquee matchup has much less meaning to the world outside Lawrence and Norman (or those with their hearts still in those locations, as is the case with this poster).

CrimsonPhoenix 10 years, 10 months ago

Texas is going to absolutely roll Mizzou. I don't know if KU stands much of a chance against OU, but I don't think it'd be as much of an embarrassment as that game will be.