Thursday, October 8, 2009

Brady Morningstar delivers open letter to KU fans

Jayhawk Basketball Fans:

Recently I made a regrettable mistake that has let down my family, friends, coaches, teammates, fellow KU student-athletes, the University, KU basketball fans and the State whose name I proudly wear across my chest. I used extremely poor judgment in driving after drinking and violating curfew.

I know the consequences of my poor and embarrassing decisions and want to apologize. Every day in practice, Coach Self and our coaching staff talk to us about the importance of making good decisions whether on the court or off. I sincerely regret the "black eye" I have given to all of you who have supported me, the University, and especially Kansas Basketball.

Over the years, my parents and coaches have repeatedly warned me about the consequences of drinking and driving. I am extremely thankful that I did not hurt anyone else that night. I have learned an important lesson and I will never forget it. When you drink and drive you are affecting others on the road, as well as the people who love you and are involved in your life. Even if you think you're OK, getting behind the wheel after having any drinks is a dangerous and terrible decision. As I face the consequences of my decisions, I intend to be a good role model by my actions and hope that young people will learn from my mistakes.

I know how lucky and privileged I am to be living my dream and to be part of the best college basketball program in the country. Please accept my sincere apologies for my bad judgment and the embarrassment it has brought to our program. I want you to know that moving forward I will "represent" this University and basketball program in a very positive way.

Sincerely,

/s/ Brady Morningstar

Comments

00000 10 years, 3 months ago

Was Brady drunk when he wrote this? or does he need a personal copyeditor?

My rates are negotiable.

Jonathan Kealing 10 years, 3 months ago

00000-- If you're referring to typos, those were mine. If you have any doubt, the original document is posted.

Jonathan Kealing Online editor

Jason Leib 10 years, 3 months ago

Classy.

Glad to see him fully admit his wrongdoing, instead of continually denying it until the facts forced him to admit it.

I believe the letter is sincere since I don't recall any other open letters following incidents with other KU athletes.

Best wishes, Brady!

hometownhawk 10 years, 3 months ago

It wasn't poorly written. People just feel like they have to be d-bags when they're behind the shroud of anonymity.

Carter Patterson 10 years, 3 months ago

You're forgiven! Lots of people make mistakes. How you deal with those mistakes define your character. This letter is a good start. Best wishes!

tennesseest 10 years, 3 months ago

I think this apology is in good taste and sincere. Unfortunately for Brady he might never see the type of minutes he got last season with the emergence of X, TT, EJ, CJ and so on and so forth. We all know that Bill doesn't just give minutes out, they are earned. Whether KU fans liked it or not, Brady was going to play substantial minutes early on because of the seniority and leadership he had. Now, it is likely other players, some who obviously are more athletically gifted, will get a chance to prove themselves early on. Tough break for him.

hawk316 10 years, 3 months ago

Brady, I appreciate very much your public apology and your willingness to take full responsibility for your actions. You offered no lame excuses; just an honest admission of your failures and sincere regret for those you disappointed. Your letter reveals maturity, humility and class.

I know you must be hurting right now. Besides losing a treasured semester of basketball, you must face a certain amount of public humiliation and the deep pain of disappointing others you love and respect. But I want to offer you some brief words of hope and encouragement.

First, it is often through our failures that we learn the most valuable lessons of life. Secondly, people can be very forgiving when individuals are truly honest and remorseful concerning their wrongdoing. Though it may feel like you're terribly exposed and somewhat on an island right now, you may be pleasantly surprised at the support others are willing to give. Third, the way you handle this situation will impact your life for years to come. Your public letter of apology demonstrates that you intend to handle this incident wisely. Although it is just a first step, it's a step in the right direction. God bless you as you continue to walk through this time of personal growth.

Scott Smetana 10 years, 3 months ago

Thanks Brady, I think you will find that in time this will be a valuable learning experience and blessing in disguise. Thankfully, no harm done.

Now let's move on and Kick *ss this year!

Adam Evans 10 years, 3 months ago

Brady: Thank you for this. It reassures me that while we all make mistakes, we can still maintain our integrity. I look forward to seeing you on the court next semester! Kick some of these new guys' butts in practice until then!

Steve Brown 10 years, 3 months ago

BM boot camp will last a semester...years from now he'll write a book. be on the lecture circuit about being on final four team and moved to the bench for DD....and can be an inspiration and save lives encouraging designated drivers for tomorrow's youth ...he is at a crossroads ...of his own creation.

we used to drink and drive often....today whether it's maturity or reasoned experience my circle has a designated driver ........ the risk/reward ratio isn't worth the other choice

texting and driving at the same time is challenging enough without adding impaired alcohol mental limitations.

The antlers in Columbia will have field day this year...

waywardJay 10 years, 3 months ago

Brady,

Thank you for gettiing it. As far as most fans go, I don't think this was necessary, the fact you did it anyway speaks volumes to you as a character. Playing time aside, there is still an impact for you on this team. If you ever doubt it, remember Rodrick Stewart's injury right before the final four. In the darkest hour those who find the inner resolve to do the most difficult tasks will be rewarded. No doubt this was difficult, I believe you will be rewarded in the long run.

Good Luck

LAJayhawk 10 years, 3 months ago

Very nicely done. It is a classy move and one that certainly seems pure.

From a legal standpoint, I'm a little surprised by this, however. He readily admits guilt in the letter which of course could be used against him by the D.A. I'm guessing he must be planning to plead -- or already has pleaded -- something like no contest and hopefully will receive diversion, which I just read Kansas law allows. In that case perhaps this letter could be used to show his remorse and allow him to receive diversion, which -- assuming this is his first offense -- could clearly be used in this case since Brady, as is stated under current Kansas law, was "not involved in an accident or collision resulting in personal injury or death."

That being said, Brady asked for forgiveness from all fans and alumni, and this Jayhawk certainly gives it to him.

Rock Chalk, Brady. Keep your head up, and you'll get through it.

00000 10 years, 3 months ago

If you're referring to typos, those were mine I was, yes. Thanks.

People just feel like they have to be d-bags when they're behind the shroud of anonymity. I don't believe my comment was douchey, nor was it necessarily made "behind the shroud of anonymity"—I was just curious about the typographical errors.

Good luck this season, Brady.

< t. >

bigjay83 10 years, 3 months ago

"Was Brady drunk when he wrote this? or does he need a personal copyeditor?"

"I don't believe my comment was douchey..."

Um, really?? It's 100% douchey. It catapulted so far past the line of douchey it may have actually crossed it twice.

Nice attempt at the 180 though.

okjhok 10 years, 3 months ago

rawkhawk 10 years, 3 months ago

I forgive you, Brady. I would like to aptly steal the motto from the football team, "keep sawin' wood"...

It will be nice to see you back on the court in January...

vmwskywalk 10 years, 3 months ago

Thanks Brady, you are forgiven. You can now put this behind you and look towards a very bright future. You've got work to do, so get to it.

MrPilot 10 years, 3 months ago

Apology accepted, Brady. I know you will learn from this mistake and will not repeat it. I look forward to your contributions during the spring semester and to seeing you help cut down the net in Indianapolis. Rock Chalk!

jaybate 10 years, 3 months ago

Dear Brady,

Perfection is for suckers. All good persons make mistakes. In fact, a big part of being a good person is overcoming mistakes. Own it. Overcome it. And then break 45% from trifectaville. Everyone worth a damn thinks you made a mistake and everyone worth a damn believes that you will overcome it. Huxley's Arrow only points forward. Rock chalk.

Sincerely, jaybate

Tuskin 10 years, 3 months ago

Dear Brady,

What an excellent letter of apology this is. It was a mistake that suddenly became very public, so thanks for making such a public apology. I don't feel you "owed" this to us, so it really speaks to your character and integrity that you did so. I'm proud to know you're a Jayhawk, and I'm proud that you're associated with our team. I'm sure you'll do very well in life, and I wish you the very best in everything.

You'll have a bummer of a time for a while, since Coach is a man of integrity too, so he's going to be consistent about the discipline he set forth. Keep in mind, while you're waiting to get back into the lineup, this difficult time will only strengthen your character. The fans are already totally behind you. And when you set foot on the court, we'll still be totally behind you.

Thanks again, Brady. I've got a lot of respect for you.

God bless, and best wishes.

Sincerely, Tuskin

BigBrett58 10 years, 3 months ago

Brady,

When I was 23, I got a DUI myself. I was young, dumb, and invincible. 10 years later, I have a wife and a little girl. It took years for me to really get how stupid it is to put myself and other innocent people in danger. Right now, the punishment is public embarrassment and loss of playing time. Someday, you'll know that drinking and driving will risk you coming home to see your little girl or boy. Once you understand how sad that is, then you can truly understand how selfish it is to put others in the same type of jeopardy. I didn't have the ability to fully understand what that meant at 23 years old.

I've made enough mistakes throughout my life that I can empathize with how you must feel right now. Here is a silver lining that may help you find closure and move on with your life. Because you made this sincere public apology, there will people who remember it and choose not to drink and drive. One of those people might've gotten into an accident, and someone may have lost their life. There is a very real possibility that the net result of your mistake is the trade of someone's life for one semester of playing time.

Take a negative and turn it into a positive. Once the mistake is made, a person faces a choice on how to proceed. You made a very good decision when you came to your crossroads. With that attitude, I expect you to work your butt off and earn back your playing time. Keep your chin up. You're back as my favorite guy to root for on the team.

Sincerely, Brett McCrory Bloomington, IL

nobodylikesmizzou 10 years, 3 months ago

It's unfortunate that something like this, of course, will never be picked up for by the national media in the way that the incident that provoked it was, but life goes on for us Jayhawk fans, and while it was not necessary for Brady to do this, or at least it should not have been, I think it will be extremely helpful in helping those of us most disappointed in the occurences to move on. There have been a lot of judgements on Brady's character from a lot of people who will never actually meet him and who, through a bit of self-examination, might realize that they are not so perfect themselves. I myself let out multiple "What the ( ) could Brady have been thinking over the past week, but the point is that, if you want a true indication of Brady Morningstar's character, this letter is it, not a Friday night when he got behind the wheel when he shouldn't have, a mistake that many people (unfortunately) make, yet they do not face the scrutiny that a prominent player on a powerhouse collegiate basketball team do. I believe is was jwliddel (forgive me if I am remembering wrong/spelling wrong) who a couple days ago posted that we are a family here, and we should treat Brady as we would treat a family member in a similar situation- support is what he needs and what he deserves, especially after the demonstration of humility that this letter was.

"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” Ernest Hemingway

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Brady. You have this fan's support.

nobodylikesmizzou 10 years, 3 months ago

a prominent player on a powerhouse basketball team does*

Lance Hobson 10 years, 3 months ago

Apology not accepted. What in the world were you doing out at 3 a.m. when you should have been focusing on Boot Camp and the team? Nice left-handed excuse about thinking you were ok to drive. You should have been in bed. Mistakes are one thing, but blatant disregard for the rules is another. I just want to know if you did because you could care less what coach Self tells you to do or do you just have no sense?

I would expect this from the Morris twins, but not from someone who grew up watching KU bball and got a golden gift from coach Self to play for this school.

KEITHMILES05 10 years, 3 months ago

Brady apologized. Now, he must work to regain the respect of his peers and the fans. Words are absolutely meaningless. It is the deeds which count. If he gets back on the team he'll be a nice addition to the bench.

MinnesotaJay 10 years, 3 months ago

We've all made mistakes.

A man (mature person) steps up and owns up.

Thanks, Brady. You da man!

Jeremy LeMaster 10 years, 3 months ago

Well stated, Mr. Morningstar! A lot of people have said things (the positive responses) on this board which I would echo. Fortunately, I do not need to.

Go to work and lets bring home a championship. Rock Chalk.

aerohawk 10 years, 3 months ago

Strikewso,

While Brady used the word mistake, I don't think it is being used like you are implying it. Not like "oops I made a wrong turn" but more like "WTF did I do" with a deep sigh. There are many definitions for the word mistake but merriam-webster online states "to blunder in the choice of" as an option. Based on the tone of the letter this is how Brady is using the word in my opinion.

I think the answer to your question is what Brady admits in the letter "extremely poor judgement." If you take that as "no sense" fine, that is basically what he is saying. I don't fault you for your disappointment. Roger Morningstar is still probably really angry and disappointed about this and the letter didn't make that go away, but at least he seems to be taking this like an adult. I am just not sure what you are looking for? Or are you one of those people that just wants to denigrate someone for their errors?

John Percival 10 years, 3 months ago

strikewso,
Being perfect must be hard for you, I would imagine. Glad I didn't "have to" write an apology letter to the KU family and have it all over the news whenever I did something stupid.
My question is if Sherron, Cole or Xavier had done the same thing would they be getting the same punishment?

Michael Pannacciulli 10 years, 3 months ago

way to man up...this will all hopefully come to pass for everyone, those involved will be better for it long term, and the school won't be the butt of too many jokes or negative recruiting tactics by other schools.

jayhawktownie 10 years, 3 months ago

gardenjay 10 years, 3 months ago

True - but playing really good basketball does make a saint!

For example, St. Chamberlain, St. Chalmers, St. Manning. Each of them should have shrines in their honor, at least around Allen Field House, like a half-buried bathtub would do, with each 'Saint' in devout prayer with bowed head inside each enclave. KUAD could sell them as mail order through the KU bookstore as well.

Along with the calendars marking each 'Saint' day of course.

OK, OK, I'll get back to work (sorry boss). GJ, RC

goshenjhawk 10 years, 3 months ago

Brady, Thanks for the apology. Although as others mentioned it was not something you owed us as fans, it does show a strength of character which I admire. I know something about having to stand up in front of friends or peers to apologize for a mistake. I am simply grateful that none of my errors were scrutinized by most of the nation. Now move on, keep your head in the game, and we look forward to seeing you on the court after your suspension is over. jayhawktownie, Come on man. Accepting his apology in no way condones the reckless behavior he displayed. It merely acknowledges that he is doing the best he can to move on responsibly from these problems. What would you have him do? And what kind of fan denigrates the whole team and labels them all "pricks". Do you really know all these guys on a personal level? I don't, and I am not throwing labels of either sainthood or arrogance around. What is behind all your negativity?

FairgroveJayhawk 10 years, 3 months ago

Brady- We all make mistakes. With yours, no one was hurt and you're handling the situation with true remorse and maturity. You're setting a good example after a bad decision. I'm impressed.

jayhawktownie- don't post after midnight, it's obvious the shlitz had reached your frontal lobe.

strikewso- hopefully when you make a mistake you will try to reach the state of humilty Brady has.

It's unfortunate we have "fans" that have to post negativity on this.

Kevin Long 10 years, 3 months ago

I forgive! It took a lot of balls to write that letter and be that humble. We all make mistakes!

Dan Pawlowski 10 years, 3 months ago

Commenting on typographical errors is a sign that the person has nothing intelligent to add to the discussion.

Clydecito 10 years, 3 months ago

Thanks Brady and forgive me for calling you Brandy, stay away from the Morris brothers when they are driving, and help bring home another NC for all us perfect fans. By the way, you are still one of my favorite players, along with the rest of the guys.

areyouserious 10 years, 3 months ago

Apology accepted. Classy move Brady. It takes real humility to go public like this. Only God can judge you!!!!

I look forward to seeing how your future plays out on and off the court. Keep your head up.

John Myers 10 years, 3 months ago

@nobodylikesmizzou

Well, it probably won't get as MUCH coverage, but ESPN at least mentioned it..

Way to go, Brady - the letter says a lot about your character. Stay strong, and we'll see you on the court soon enough!

Tony Bandle 10 years, 3 months ago

To all the posters,

Brady will pay a much higher price than loss of playing time. He will have to live with the disappointment in the eyes of his coaches, his teammates, KU Nation but, most painfully, his family.

The responses to Brady's letter are as much a reflection of yourself as of the consequences of what he has done. Immature, stupid, selfish, idiotic, unfathomable, unbelievable are all proper descriptions of his actions.

My only question to all of you....have any of you never had one of these words describe something you have done?

Brady, from one who has had every one of these words and more applied to his life, hang in there and do better.

Sincerely, OakvilleJHawk

Dan Spurgin 10 years, 3 months ago

From this letter its clear that Brady can SAY the right things... but can Brady DO the right things?

I'm sure Brady SAID he would behave after the fight fiasco but then he DID this.

I empathize, as I've had plenty of gaps between what I've said and done in my own life, but that's not to say that I'm not going to hold him accountable as I would myself. All we can do is wait and see what Brady does from here on out. No letter of apology can make this go away.

ginger2015 10 years, 3 months ago

People, please! The Morris brothers are not conjoined. I don't understand why poster keep lumping them together.. Brady gets all of this love, yet Markiff can't seem to live down his one indiscretion (a traffic accident is no big deal, none was injured and it's happened to me and I'm sure others that post here). Strikewso says "I would expect this from the Morris twins". Why? What is it that Marcus has done that would make you expect some sort of antisocial behavior?

shelleysue 10 years, 3 months ago

I think this is a great letter. If Brady himself made the decision to write this and if every word is (and I believe it is) then everyone should be proud of him. I especially love the opening paragraph, not to mention the mere fact that he chose to apologize at all which is apparently more than others have chosen to do.

He is so right - kids don't realize that the things they do affect everyone around them - when they suffer consequences - everyone else suffers too.

I'm proud of you Brady and I trust that things will only get better from here.

Mike Crosbie 10 years, 3 months ago

Brady, When I was your age I did the same thing, however, I never had to write an apology to anyone. I did however learn from my mistake and now, 20 years later, still have learned not to repeat it. I can only imagine making this mistake and having the entire world know and talk about it, how much more of a learning experience this is for you than it was for me. Everyone makes mistakes...there's nothing wrong with that as long as you LEARN and grow as a person from those mistakes, that's called wisdom.

Rock Chalk Forever !!

James Miller 10 years, 3 months ago

I am glad to see everyone forgive at least one of our players. I am not sure why it was the player who could have killed somebody, but he does deserve forgiveness. So do our other players, though. Be consistent people.

100 10 years, 3 months ago

Look forward to seeing you walk the walk. Nice letter, although after seeing one of my son's friends go through this a few years ago, I will say from experience, actions are more important for the rest of your life. Be strong & stand up to your friends who say, "no let's not take a cab, you sissy, your car is right there."

Friends like that, ironically, are always your worst enemies -- they're always there for you, except when you need them to grow a set of gonads.

Lifelong options:

1. Don't drink at all (wow happiness is elsewhere too?!?!?)
  2. Take a cab
  3. Take a bus
  4. Take a train
  5. Walk
  6. Call a friend
  7. Sober up

Never drive after drinking -- that's our kids & grandkids that are crossing the street.

Thanks for the letter.

Greg Lux 10 years, 3 months ago

Apology accepted .. Nothing more to say.

nobodylikesmizzou 10 years, 3 months ago

Austin5string- Thanks for the link. Glad I was somewhat wrong

MGJayhawk 10 years, 3 months ago

Okay...Okay...Okay...I'm calling bs on some of you...

What would you all be saying if this wasn't Brady apologizing? What if this was Tyshawn, Sherron or one of the Morris brothers? I highly doubt anyone would have given them the same respect or benefit of the doubt. Some would have said "he doesn't mean it...someone is putting him up to writing this aplogy...he is from the streets and doesn't know any better". Don't act like you wouldn't.

Kealing - would you have posted the same letter if it wasn't from Brady?

The bloggers tore up the Morris' when one of them got busted with the air rifle (can't remember which one). You all busted up Sherron for the supposed elevator incident. And you all were quick to judge the Henry's when there was a rumor of them not wanting to sign with KU after their father voiced himself. Does anyone see a pattern here?...

Lance Hobson 10 years, 3 months ago

I'm glad everyone is accepting the apology, but I stand by my refusal. Yes, I have had someone close to be victimized by a drunk driver, she was a freshman at Notre Dame killed by a drunk law student who got off on a technicality and is practicing law now. His name is John George Rita. He ran over Mara Fox while she and some friends walked home, then he went home and slept it off. Someone in the car with him eventually called the police. The printer used for the BAT double printed some of the words and that was enough for his slick lawyers to get this scumbag off.

That said, I wasn't even thinking of that until someone asked if I'd lost someone to a drunk driver. I'm po'd at Brady for being out so late and drinking in the first place. There's nothing wrong with having high standards, I think Kansas basketball players should have extremely high standards of discipline. If they do, we haven't seen it the past two weeks.

gchawk 10 years, 3 months ago

Strikewso. You made some good points and sorry for your friends' horrible accident, however I think you were way off base to denigrate the Morris brothers in your earlier post. It's true that since our ball players are very high profile we do hold them to a higher level of behavior and accountability than a normal student. The athletes have to accept that responsibility when they accept their scholarship, whether they want to or not. Having said that, I commend Brady for his public apology, but the sincerity of his apology will definitely be seen in his future actions. Brady, best of luck to you.

actorman 10 years, 3 months ago

I think gchawk has struck the appropriate balance between the two views. I was glad to see Brady write the letter, and thought it was a classy move. One of the things I also enjoyed about it (that no one has mentioned) is that he truly "gets" what it means to be a Jayhawk. He understands how special an opportunity he had/has and how much he's hurt his legacy and the team.

On the other hand, ... I somewhat agree with Strikewso that it's really hard to fathom how he could have had such a blatant disregard for BS's rules in the first place--ESPECIALLY after what had just transpired a week earlier. I would love to know what his thought process was that convinced him to go out THAT MUCH past curfew and then to compound the problem by drinking and driving. I have always been fairly judgmental about drunk drivers and have felt like penalties are not nearly harsh enough. Despite what imbeciles like soobawls say (soobawls, if I understand you correctly, you're saying that if someone hits a person while drunk they should be punished, but if they miss someone by a foot while swerving at the last minute, it's perfectly fine for them to go out and do it again, is that right???), it's an incredibly risky thing to do, like firing a gun randomly into the air and hoping/assuming that it doesn't hit anyone. And Brady is not 18 or 19, but 23, an age when he should be expected to behave like an adult and to make mature choices.

So I come down somewhere between the people who completely forgive him and the ones who are ready to throw him under the bus (so to speak). And I would have felt pretty much the same way for any other player on the team, although I would have been slightly more forgiving of the younger ones.

Fortunately, Brady will have plenty of chances to prove through his actions that his words are real.

Dick Murdock 10 years, 3 months ago

Some folks are incapable of forgiveness. It's just the way they are. They can't seem to help themselves. It makes if very difficult for the contrite. But those who are truly remorseful overlook them and move on.

NebraskaJayhawk 10 years, 3 months ago

So what...Strikeswo doesn't forgive him. Who cares...he has a right not to as much as anyone has a right to forgive him. Seriously, it's like a friggin soap opra.

Hope your letter is sincere Brady and looking forward to seeing you back on the court when your suspension is served.

Rest of team: Cut this bullcrap and start preparing to win a national title. That's what you were brought here for. Start acting like some mature young adults instead of the juveniles we've been seeing lately. This is Kansas friggin' University for crying out loud...

Ed Brown 10 years, 3 months ago

Strikewso,

I am sincerely sorry this Brady incident brought back some painful memories. As my mother-in-law often says, "Don't tell me you are sorry unless it means you accept what you did was wrong, you intend to never do it again and you feel remorse for your actions." If this is the context Brady has the right to say he is sorry and you certainly have the right to not accept it. Hopefully, years down the road he will prove his words by his actions and again, hopefully, you will find a place in your heart to truly forgive him as some slick, scumbag lawyer didn't allow him to hurt someone and hide behind the cloak of legal technicality. it is a blessing that nobody was physically hurt in the incident and a young man learns a valuable life lesson without tragedy. As a father, this is what we try to do with the young adults we are raising. If society would only be in unison with this excessive alcohol behavior, drinking and driving, texting and driving or allowing stupid drivers to have licenses, many tragedies would be avoided and many lives would not be ruined.

I watch the news often and am totaly amazed there can be fire trucks, police cars and ambulances with bright flashing lights at the scene of an accident and some drunk driver plows into them all. The answer is to get brighter flashing lights so none of can see at night as we drive by and pass laws that everybody has to slow down to 10 mph below the speed limit or move over a lane. It is a total inconvenience to everyone except the drunks that keep plowing into everyone.

I just hope Brady takes the opportunity to work even harder and show everyone that he is capable of taking what he surprised us all with last year and kick it up a notch. Certainly he knows if he doesn't, he only plays when someone is hurt for the rest of his career at KU.

Best wishes, Brady.

IBRONNIEB 10 years, 3 months ago

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone! The rest of us should just forgive the young man, who made a bad mistake in judgement, at a really bad time. Then chose to humble himself in front of everyone and give his apology. He should know better, we all should know better, but whats done is done. His actions from now on, will prove how sincere he is. And since this is a family, all of the Jayhawks should be forgiven, as well. Too many people want to sit in judgement, when they themselves would not have the courage to admit the mistakes they have made, let alone in front of everyone. Though it is your choice to forgive him, or not. I choose to take the high road (no pun intended) and forgive.

Michael Bratisax 10 years, 3 months ago

"The anger and frustration shown by some of you, though probably somewhat justified, needs to be tempered with the thought, "there but for the grace of God go I."

Why is that? I don't drink and drive and I sure don't have near his talent on the basketball court.

Great apology Brady, like a man should but the damage is still done.

Rodney Stice 10 years, 3 months ago

I have worked as a nurse and medic for many years. I have pulled young and old from auto crashes both alive and dead. I'm glad that you (Brady) did not harm a soul, including yourself. I hope that you have the strength and resolve to follow up on your promise to the jayhawk nation and more importantly to yourself. I do forgive you but I now expect more from you as a man and a student athlete. Rock Chalk Jayhawk!