Saturday, May 30, 2009

Collins on senior list

Kansas University senior guard Sherron Collins on Friday was named to Rivals.com’s 2009-10 all-senior team. He was joined on the team by Jerome Randle, California; Da’Sean Butler, West Virginia; Lazar Hayward, Marquette; and Jarvis Varnado, Mississippi State.

Comments

Greg Lux 10 years, 7 months ago

Congrats Sherron .. Mostly for completing your college education. Secondly for being in the top of your class nationally. Your a true leader and you should be very proud of yourself.

Rock Chalk

kvskubball 10 years, 7 months ago

Congrats Sherron!

I'm thinking ahead -

What do we know about next year's non-conference schedule?

I think... We play at Tennessee, we will play UCLA in the PAC10 hardwood series, I'm not sure where, I think it will be an away game. I think we are scheduled to play Memphis at St. Louis as part of a double header with L'ville playing someone else? Do we know any other non-conference games that are definitely scheduled other than the usual in-state games?

I thought I saw an article perhaps several weeks ago, about what little was known about the schedule for next year, but I couldn't find it again....

Does anyone know more???

Michael Bratisax 10 years, 7 months ago

Sherron spells class! Not many like him anymore.

Dillon Davis 10 years, 7 months ago

Also, Cole was named to the All-Junior team, and Xavier Henry is on the Impact Freshmen list.

kvskubball 10 years, 7 months ago

I think Cole will be First Team All-American and Sherron will be 2nd team All-American...

Would that make them the best KU duo since Collison & Hinrich?

jaybate 10 years, 7 months ago

"No! Sherron cannot possibly be on this list. He makes too many TOs. He shoots too much. He drives when there is no opening. He's to selfish to tell Coach Self that he does not deserve to put the ball up so much. And he isn't one of KU's best PGs of all time. I'm sorry but I'm going to have to insist that Sherron be removed from this list." --Theutus

:-)

rges 10 years, 7 months ago

thatta boy sherron... give us another season like last years ncaa tourny and you will make another list... 1st Team All American maybe? (Dream World) Cole Aldrich, Sherron Collins, X all first teamers! Shake and Bake!

Joe Ross 10 years, 7 months ago

And now abideth Lazar, Da' Sean, and Sherron...but the greatest of these is Sherron.