Friday, March 27, 2009

Briscoe, Greene suspended for spring practice

Kansas University wide receiver Dezmon Briscoe, who earned second-team all-Big 12 honors after an historic sophomore season, has been suspended from the team indefinitely after violating unspecified team rules.

According to Kansas coach Mark Mangino, Briscoe has yet to take the field this spring after catching 92 passes for 1,407 yards and 15 touchdowns in 2008.

“I’ve held him out of practice,” the coach said Friday. “I’ll review his case next week.”

Defensive tackle Jamal Greene, who played in 13 games for the Jayhawks last season, has also been suspended indefinitely.

Comments

mbmerriman 5 years ago

sitcom,

cmon buddy, SPfeifer15 explained it perfectly for me. Just look at his facebook once and it is obvious. 3 l's is three blunts. I know some of you live in dreamland that these guys are angles and live and breathe the particular sport. But they are in college and they want to have fun...just dont get you a-- kicked off the team

SPfeifer15 5 years ago

Dezmon Briscoe I$ T@kIn 3 L'$ 2 D@ H3@d... (L)iviN (L)iK3 (L)@rRy Th3n I'M D3@d

Is taking 3 L's to the head.. This literally means ''smoking 3 blunts (cigar filled with marijuana)''... If memory serves me correctly, ''to da head'' may even mean smoking alone...

Seriously, I know smoking pot is pretty common especially for the college youth of today.. but these athletes are idiots and the coaches needs to have even stricter policies on drug use.

siltom 5 years ago

You don't even know what you are talking about. Until you get facts, you shouldn't make such accusations.

mbmerriman 5 years ago

cmon isnt it clear, the boys were just enjoying some wacky weed and failed a drug test just like Aqib Talib did back in the day

LAJayhawk 5 years ago

[sigh]

Not really what I wanted to hear this weekend........

Randy Maxwell 5 years ago

Strikewso. You got prof he's been acting like a gan member or are you just a jerk

Dyrk Dugan 5 years ago

hopefully, the review next week by Coach Mangino, will show that they will be be back in the fall. We need both of them...but especially Briscoe. But hey, if it's the right thing for the team, then so be it. they are only hurting themselves.

Kevin Long 5 years ago

Come on guys! Get it together. Dez better realize what he has too lose real quick.

Lance Hobson 5 years ago

The guy needs to act like a college student and not a gang member.

jayhawkboogeyman 5 years ago

Dezmon Briscoe I$ T@kIn 3 L'$ 2 D@ H3@d... (L)iviN (L)iK3 (L)@rRy Th3n I'M D3@d

Got that on his unprotected facebook page. I'm not sure what the hell it means, but if "(L)@rRy" means Larry Johnson, it doesn't sound good.

jayhawkboogeyman 5 years ago

My mom won't be happy about this. She was Jamal's teacher in middle school - along with Darrell Stuckey, the nicest/coolest all-around guy on the team - and she is a huge football fan now because of them. She will be very disappointed but not all that surprised. Dez Briscoe better get his act together. According to his facebook page, he is already planning on being gone to the NFL after next season. Sounds like he might be throwing his chances away acting like a punk/thug. Good to see coach putting his foot down, though. The thing I love most about Mangino is the good-guy, working-class image he wants to bring to his program.

imnotpaulpierce 5 years ago

Can we get some good news...

Mike Blur 5 years ago

Crafty for HCMM to release this tidbit on a Friday night during a KU NCAA tournament game....