Friday, July 31, 2009

KU football season-opener to be televised

Northern Colorado game will be aired on Fox College Sports

The Kansas football team's season-opener against Northern Colorado on Sept. 5 will be televised by Fox College Sports.

KU's other three non-conference games already had TV agreements: CBS College Sports will televise KU's game at UTEP on Sept. 12; VERSUS will show KU's home game against Duke on Sept. 19; and FSN will have KU's Sept. 26 home game against Southern Mississippi.

Big 12 TV selections are usually announced 12 days prior to kickoff. KU begins conference play with a home game against Iowa State on Oct. 10.

See all of the game times that have been announced.

Comments

sevenyearhawk 10 years, 5 months ago

WOO-HOO!!!

That's right - dollar signs ...

10 years, 5 months ago

This is great news for those who are unable to attend and/or live out of town, as well as for recruiting purposes. Alas, cue the complaints about how no one has this station and / or the game is not being played at an ideal time.

Dyrk Dugan 10 years, 5 months ago

very cool. labor day weekend on a Saturday night....good marketing for sure.

OhioHawkfan 10 years, 5 months ago

That is AWESOME! Its tough to catch the 'Hawks up here in Suckeye country! Its going to be a great season!!

Tyler Daniels 10 years, 5 months ago

Check out that video to get you pumped for football season KU fans!!!

mbmerriman 10 years, 5 months ago

to bad we didnt play Northern Colorado last year, they had a local kid as their runningback by the name of David Woods from Shawnee-Mill Valley. He was an all-american at his level last year. You KSU haters might remember that his brother Justin was on KSU last year as a reserve runningback until he was unfortunatly kicked off the team, just a little back info for all of ya.

jayhawkintx73 10 years, 5 months ago

Its a good chance now that all 12 of KUs games will be televised this year. This is a first.

Brandon Avey 10 years, 5 months ago

Does anyone know if us with DirecTv will be able to see this?

DallasHawk 10 years, 5 months ago

HawkChalk... I live in Dallas and I have to purchase an extended sports package through our cable provider which also has the UTEP game. As far as I know satellite may be out of loop.

Christopher Hauser 10 years, 5 months ago

Is this the fox station on cox or just sunflower cable?

Dirk Medema 10 years, 5 months ago

Besides being great to be able to see them from out of state, what a great recruiting tool. How many teams have the potential for all of their games to be televised? Even the seriously cupcaked games. Gotta love it!

Rock Chalk

Lonnie Ross Dillon 10 years, 5 months ago

CBS College sports (Formerly CSTV) is channel 613 on DirecTV. I getting it right now, but at the moment I can't recall if I'm paying for the sports package or not (I don't think I am but...).

peter56321 10 years, 5 months ago

On DirectTV the channel is 617-1 (617 for SD). I have no idea what package gives you that channel. I only know that I have it because I tuned to the channel and it worked for me.

TxJyHwk 10 years, 5 months ago

Go to http://msn.foxsports.com/fcs to find out whether you can get the channel.

Near the bottom of the page on the left, there is a place to put your zip code to get "listings".

LAJayhawk 10 years, 5 months ago

"This is great news for those who are unable to attend and/or live out of town..."

Yes. Yes it is.

"Does anyone know if us with DirecTv will be able to see this?"

Get the sports pack and you will be able to see every game. It cost $30 a month, I believe, but the nice thing about Direct TV is you can add it and cancel it online whenever you want. Plus with that you can watch a ridiculous amount of games and sports.

Rock Chalk.

LAJayhawk 10 years, 5 months ago

HawkChalk29,

Fox College Sports (HD) - 617-1 CBS College Sports (HD) - 613 Versus (HD) - 603

And Fox Sports Net has like 17 channels on Direct TV so it will be on one of those.... oh, and they are all available in HD.

Rock Chalk.

Is it September yet??

Mike Barnhart 10 years, 4 months ago

WRONG! This game is NOT on satellite. It's a Time Warner / Comcast thing ...just like ON DEMAND.