Wednesday, July 8, 2009

UNLV announces Thomas transfer

UNLV on Tuesday officially announced the arrival of Quintrell Thomas, a transfer from Kansas University.

Thomas, a 6-foot-8, 250-pound forward who has enrolled in classes at UNLV, will have to sit out the 2009-10 season because of NCAA transfer rules and will be eligible to play for the Runnin’ Rebels as a sophomore in 2010-11.

“Quintrell is an athletic big man and we are excited to have him as part of our program,” Rebels’ coach Lon Kruger said. “He will make us better next year as our guys work against him in practice every day, and, of course, when he does have a chance to play, he has the ability to be a difference-maker.”

Comments

karkinrich 10 years, 6 months ago

Good for Q-Tip, he'll have a chance to be a legit impact player in arguably the best non-bcs basketball conference. I wish him the best and look forward to watch him bring success to the Rebels!

ChicagoJHawk 10 years, 6 months ago

Best of luck to you Quintrell! UNLV was a good choice. The have a good basketball program and I think you'll do well there.

TexasHawk44 10 years, 6 months ago

Good old "Q-Tip", huh? I am glad some of you pos(t)ers are so tight with the players and coaches at KU. I guess I am on the outside looking in. I mean I just call him Quintrell. Just like I call HCBS plain old Coach Self.

Okay, I've gotta go take a dump and twitter "Q-Tip" while I am on the pot. Wonder what HCBS, X and Ron-Ron will think about my dump?

BabyJayBate 10 years, 6 months ago

Having a bad day already "T-Hawk" or are you a hater all the time?

BabyJayBate 10 years, 6 months ago

Please don't call me stupid. It hurts my feelings.

jaybate 10 years, 6 months ago

TexasHawk44, meet BabyJayBate.

BabyJayBate, meet Texashawk44.

You have been assigned as roommates here at Naismith Hall.

Please behave honorably, as it reflects on our namesake, the estimable James Naismith.

Now, let the slaps begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:-)

2xhawk 10 years, 6 months ago

Did KU have the option of giving him some kind of release so that he could play this year? Seems a shame to make him wait.

jaybate 10 years, 6 months ago

Re: Quintrell Thomas.

I am very happy for the Mighty Quint. He gets five years and so ought to be able to get a degree. And if he proves not to be pro material, Vegas' economy is always about as good as anywhere to get started, because gambling is what the rest of us desperate souls turn to when times are hard, and because warehousing in LV now makes more sense than warehousing in LA.

But...Unibrow will try to hurt us with him some day.

Quintrell, weighing in at 250 now, means he will probably reach 265 by his senior year.

When we meet up with UNLV in a Madness eventually during his career, he will be the wide body we won't have.

Mr. Withey, report to the weight room, Mr. Withey, please report to the weight room. Miss Hudy is ready for you.

Larry Smith 10 years, 6 months ago

KU gave him a release which allowed him to transfer. The NCAA rules require him to sit out since there are no extenuating circumstances.

JJHawq 10 years, 6 months ago

wow - find a different cause T Hawk - let fans be fans... It's not good for your health to hate.

karkinrich 10 years, 6 months ago

Is TexasHawk44 your real name? Are you a silly fan of yourself? Maybe your name is anonymous?

Nicknames are as American as Apple pie, If you've never had one its because nobody likes you.

I liked Q-Tip --> I gave him a nickname.

rockchalkjayhawk4ku11 10 years, 6 months ago

Texashawk, I'd really like to hear more about this dump...

Scott Smetana 10 years, 6 months ago

Lon Kruger... there's a name I haven't seen in awhile. Wasn't he around during the Mitch Richmond days?

waywardJay 10 years, 6 months ago

The Unibrow... classic..... I'm in stitches here......

Q make those Vegans take notice and rally around your new boys...... Make those ESPN types notice you.... make them say

" this guy was after all originally a Kansas Recruit.... What made them let him get away...... "

Ways of doing so..... Since your going to be a big guy..... let's focus on doing things like big guys do....

Break a backboard..... Grab a rebound, and waive a finger at somebody..... When you block a shot, smile all cheesylike...... and above all.... Work harder than anyone else to prove.... you were the one that got away.....

AS a Jayhawk fan i Never like us to be beaten..... but i can look at it differently If the player that beat us we let go.....

TexasHawk44 10 years, 6 months ago

cat stevens: go back to bed. The seventies are over... I don't know Bill Self but I do believe his name is Bill Self. What else would you call someone, other than their name? I mean, I knew that Cat Stevens had several different names throughout his life, including Steven Demetre Georgiou (his name at birth) and Yusuf Islam his Muslim name, and of course, Cat Stevens, his stage name. However, I did learn something valuable during this long and hot summer, and that is that he posts on this web site under the name of jwliddell.

So which real name are you going to use, Cat? (Sorry, you will always be Cat to me). Why don't you spend "Another Saturday Night" while chasing a "Moonshadow" and climb on the "Peace Train" as you head off into the "Wild World" and discover that "Morning Has Broken" already while you were making fun of my anonymous posting name and drop kicking my turd-like self.

And hey, a "grumpy turd" has as much right to hide behind the "internet barrier" as pretentious wanna-be intellectual hippie poser like you.

BTW, "FodderWeinersizzle44"? Is that a hidden lyric on the "Tea for the Tillerman" album? Sorry, this fundamentally non-debating turd doesn't talk slacker.

waywardJay 10 years, 6 months ago

Oy ! I cannot believe thsi started after a non-confrontational nickname..... a reference to a cotton swab..... this east coast west coast rap battle needs to die.....

Lefties, Righties.... throw down your axes.... tiem to be sensible rational people and not get irate over COTTON SWABS.....

eddiesuttonschoolofdriving 10 years, 6 months ago

TEXAS

Having any connection whatsover to Texas, yet alone having it in my name, would make me a hater too I suppose. However, I'm honestly more concerned about the Rainman-like knowledge of all things Cat Stevens. Sorry you spent so much time reading his liner notes and listening to his eight-tracks - it must've been very painful when he turned Muslim on you and abandoned his musical career - just not sure why you had to take it personally. Hopefully you're comforting yourself now with Jim Croce tunes.

waywardJay 10 years, 6 months ago

Post boards..... where yesterdays children still act like tey are yesterdays children..... im moving on.

TexasHawk44 10 years, 6 months ago

EDDIESUTTON: uhm, that really was not funny. I know that you thought that it was. Nice attempt. You did a good job spelling the word "cat" in your post. Choosing a name related with that huckleberry, Eddiie Sutton, shows you are a real smart fellow. And I think the phrase you were shooting for was "let alone" not "yet alone", but hey, you did get the spelling of "cat" right so I think you deserve bonus credit for that. KSU grad, huh? Or since you are a big Eddie fan, maybe you are an Arkansas grad. My guess is: GED

TexasHawk44 10 years, 6 months ago

To quote Jim Croce, "Meaner than a junkyard dog..." Go, Eddie, Go!