Friday, January 9, 2009

Little’s status still up in air

Red-shirt decision will be made before Tuesday’s KSU game

Kansas forward Mario Little goes for a rebound with Tennessee guard Josh Tabb during the first half Saturday, Jan. 3, 2009 at Allen Fieldhouse.

KU takes to the road for Michigan State

The Kansas men's basketball team gets its first shot at road redemption this weekend.

As of noon, Thursday, Mario Little needed to score about 20 tickets for Saturday’s Kansas University-Michigan State basketball game in East Lansing, Mich.

“Everybody’s been calling me. I’ve probably got 15 missed calls. My uncle ... he’s called everybody. He can’t keep his mouth closed,” Little, KU’s junior forward from Chicago, joked of O’Keefe Little, who planned a Little family reunion at MSU’s Breslin Center.

“I’m going to have to let somebody down. He’s going to have to let somebody down,” Mario Little added.

Sadly, Mario learned Thursday night that his player allotment of four tickets may be enough to seat his personal cheering section.

Mario’s grandmother, Hazel, on Thursday was admitted to Roseland Community Hospital on the South Side of Chicago because of internal bleeding.

So Mario’s mom, uncles O’Keefe and Charles and cousins Evan and David, who’d planned on making the three-hour drive, may have to stay put in Chicago to make sure Hazel is OK.

Mario does have an aunt and some cousins in Pontiac, Mich., who still are planning on attending KU’s final nonconference game of the 2008-09 season.

“Mario’s grandmother turns 83 later this month. We want to get her healthy and home for her birthday. Her health is the most important thing,” O’Keefe Little said.

“There’s still a chance. You never say never. Mario’s grandmother is stable tonight and says she’s feeling strong. If she’s feeling OK and some other relatives can be with her, nothing’s going to stop us from getting in the car and driving to Michigan. I know he really wants us there.”

There’s as much uncertainty regarding Little’s second-semester playing status as to how many relatives he’ll have in the stands Saturday.

KU coach Bill Self, Little and uncle O’Keefe each on Thursday acknowledged a medical red-shirt is a possibility — not because of the broken bone in Mario’s left hand, but because of his stress fracture in his left leg, which continues to cause discomfort.

“Mario aggravated it in the Tennessee game,” O’Keefe said of his nephew’s leg injury. “His hand is not bothering him at all.

“He wants to play. He said he doesn’t want to throw in the towel on the season. I told him, ‘You are not throwing in the towel. You may be hanging it on the line letting it dry out.’

“He is a fighter. I told him if even if he has to walk away like a lamb, he’ll come back like a lion the next two years,” O’Keefe added.

The plan is for Little to practice as hard as possible this week and to go all-out in Saturday’s game, effectively testing the leg so an informed red-shirt decision can be made on Monday or Tuesday.

NCAA rules stipulate that a player cannot compete in the second half of the season and attain a medical hardship red-shirt. The Michigan State game completes KU’s first half of the 2008-09 campaign.

“My personal opinion is if we (KU staff) thought he could be healthy the second half of the season, we need him,” Self said.

“If we don’t think he can be healthy, we’ll sit him. If he can go, we want him to go. There’s no reason for him to go 80 percent or 70 percent because he won’t play enough to warrant playing second semester.

“By Feb. 1, he needs to be a key player on this team. If he was able to do that, I’d say, ‘play.’ If not, I’d say, ‘shut him down.’ What we want and what he wants is almost irrelevant as to what his health will allow him to do.”

Mario wants to play.

“I came here to play,” said last year’s juco player of the year from Chipola (Fla.) Community College.

“Coach wants me to test it out. It felt better today. I’ll go hard tomorrow and at Michigan State and see how it feels. If I can’t help the team out, that’s the only way I will red-shirt. If I can, I’m going to play.”

Uncle O’Keefe said: “Mario wants to play, but the fracture ... he re-aggravated it against Tennessee. He may need more time off it.

“It was feeling better today, so it could be a game-day decision (Tuesday before Kansas State game). The decision is his.”

Little — who played just five minutes Tuesday against Siena after logging 10 in Saturday’s debut against Tennessee — was mighty frustrated after his three-point outing against the Saints.

“I expressed to coach Self how I felt I wasn’t doing anything. He said, ‘You haven’t done anything in six months. Don’t rush it. Don’t try to get it back in one play. It’ll take time,’’’ Little said.

Self preached patience in his conversation with the small forward.

“I said, ‘You expected yourself to be great after four practices when you hadn’t worked out in six months?’ He said, ‘Yeah,’’’ Self said. “I said, ‘It’s not going to work like that.’

“If he’s getting frustrated, it’s because his body won’t do what the brain tells it to. I think he’s getting better every day. It takes most juco guys a semester to get acclimated. His semester won’t be over until February because he didn’t get a chance to play first semester.”

At any rate ... KU will be able to make an informed decision on Monday or Tuesday because Little isn’t holding back.

“I think he wants to be out there so bad, one thing we are concerned about is whether or not he is leveling with us, telling us how he feels. To me he says he feels better than what he moves,” Self said.

“The flip side of it, I don’t want him to think, ‘I can always red-shirt and get a hardship’ then he won’t give himself the best chance to test it. All I said to him was, ‘Give it a chance. If it’s still bothering you ... if you can’t go you can’t go. At least we’ll know.’’’

The bottom line?

“I’d love to play. I’d love to play here four years,” Little said, realizing he has two full seasons left if he decides to red-shirt. “The team needs me out there. I want to play. I’ve just got to suck it up and try to help the team.”

Kansan of the Year: KU coach Self will be honored as “Distinguished Kansan of the Year,” at the 91st annual Native Sons and Daughters of Kansas banquet on Jan. 30 at Kansas Expocentre in Topeka. For tickets go to ksnativesonsanddaughters.org.

Frosh Ellis erupts: Wichita Heights freshman Perry Ellis scored 23 points and grabbed 14 rebounds in Heights’ 84-52 victory over Wichita West on Tuesday night. The 6-foot-8, 195-pound Ellis hit eight of eight free throws in the fourth quarter. Rivals.com reported last week that KU has offered a scholarship to the highly touted Ellis, who also has Memphis, Arizona, North Carolina and others on his list.

Comments

Ed Fox 5 years, 8 months ago

I know everyone feels like he could help a lot this year, and maybe he could, but it seems to me that KU has a real chance to be awesome again the next two years. Is having Little around to make a possible Sweet 16 this year really more important than potentially having him for Final Four runs the next two years? If he's as good as he appears to be, wouldn't it be better to have two full years of him at 100%, rather than half a year at something less and just one more full year?I guess I just don't see the downside to red shirting him this year as much as a lot of other posters seem to think is necessary. Brady is doing a good job at the 3 and not having Mario this year would give a lot of guys much more PT to continue developing. It only seems that that could be better for the long-term health of the program, along with having a fully healthy Mario for two years.

jayhawker_97 5 years, 8 months ago

good stuff, good stuff..let's all pray that Mario will get healthier each day.i'm pretty sure coach Self and staff will make a wise decision.just by watching Mario playing for short duration has already given us so much hope. super Mario bros!! rock chalk Jayhawks!

KEITHMILES05 5 years, 8 months ago

I've never read an article where there was more beating around the bush! My goodness. LOLMario wants to play but I'll be shocked if he'll not redshirt. It has to be tough for him mentally knowing this year may pass him by.However, as his uncle said he'll come back like a lion.I feel for him. I love his attitude and spirit.

yates33333 5 years, 8 months ago

If he redshirts this will be a major blow to KU's season unless the other players rally because of it. I certainly hope he is fully healed if he decides to play. I guess these things happen to other teams, but KU seems to have them occur more often.

kc_wildfire 5 years, 8 months ago

Red-shirt.Take the time to heal the leg properly and use this "bonus" time to really understand the nuances of the offense and defense so that next year's team is that much better for it.

KUPROUD 5 years, 8 months ago

Redshirt! I hope the decision has already been made, just not publicly announced. I don't think he would be a big factor this year until very late in the season, if then. We have enough pieces that will continue improving and coming together to help us compete well this year. But I agree with Banner, over the next two years a healthy Mario will be huge.

Joel Hood 5 years, 8 months ago

Put the redshirt on. This type of injury needs a long time to get back to 100%. In two years this team is going to be top 5 (assuming no one goes pro) and he would be a part of that. I hope that he and his family can see the big picture.

joeloveshawks 5 years, 8 months ago

I agree with the redshirt. We are a good team this year, but with or without him we will really need some luck to make a deep run in the tournament. I think he is going to be incredible next year and will really play a major roll as a scorer. If he plays this year at 70% I don't think it will be that big of an impact. Whatever the decision is, I know that Coach Self will do what is best for the team.

Matt Kenton 5 years, 8 months ago

Play him!You guys not care about doing anything in the tournament this year? Sherron goes down with an injury, and we'll be playing in the NIT.Besides, we'll have plenty of talent in two years. This season turns out bad, we lose a few verbals, and then we really will need him in two years.

RyanHawk 5 years, 8 months ago

If he redshirt's. How does that effect our recruitment for Harrison Barnes the #1 Small Forward for 2010 that was at the game the other night. I don't think he will want to sit behind Little his freshman year. I hope we could still get Barnes. Everything I read is that he is the real deal and that KU is HIGH on his list!If I was Mario and it was my choice, I would redshirt!

TaCityHawkFan 5 years, 8 months ago

I heard some rumblings about Ellis, but the Rumor was that he committed. I hope to hear some more on here when it is available. I'd love to have yet another standout Kansas kid on the team!

JayhawkPhil64 5 years, 8 months ago

I have gone back and forth on this. At this moment, I think he should red-shirt. The best arguement against him redshirting was by a poster last week who pointed out that Self would always recruit well enough for us to have a full roster of good players so the need to utilize his services this year out weighs any need for his services two years from now.I have to admit that is a good arguement. I just feel it is important this year to get the freshmen as much experience as possible this year and him redshirting would make that more possible. It would continue the void we have at small forward but hopefully Travis Releford can use the available minutes to develop in that position. It wouldn't take much though to sway me either way.

frompekka2sasha 5 years, 8 months ago

There is just not a sure answer to this question folks. If there was a guaranteee that he would remain healthy this year than he might be ready to perform in late conference play and postseason. However, if his injury doesn't improve after this much deliberation than everyone involved in the situation would feel pretty stupid. Little is obviously not ready to contribute now so it's not like losing him for only 1/2 the year. By the time he gets acclimated he will have missed 3/4 to 3/5 of the season!! I know that Little is a major key to this team but I don't think it's worth risking for only 25-40% of a season especially when he continues to have pain from the stress fracture. We simply don't know if he is going to be okay anytime soon and should not assume the optimistic side of things. This team could win a conference title and a couple of tournament games but I would rather see him for a full-season that has much more upside. He would be completely ready to contribute in '09 and then it would be for two full seasons. RED SHIRT HIM... OR DON'T.

Miguel Colón 5 years, 8 months ago

Let him heal and he will be a great contributor. This reminds of the time in '88 when we rushed Archie Marshall back and he hurt his other leg, lets take things slow.

jaybate 5 years, 8 months ago

I believe tweaking a stress fracture means refracturing it; that is, undoing the bone healing to some extent that has already occurred. Fractures, even teeny ones, can't reheal in 4 days. It is a statistical near impossibility that common sense calls impossible. Stress fractures sometimes do not show up in x-rays, or are hard to see. And as they approach full healing, those originally visible may become impossible to see. But if they do show up, then subsequently, even if they become invisible on the way to healing, if an individual behaves as if he has "tweaked" it and claims he has, then the only logical inference to this layman is that the stress fracture remains.The medical-ethical question then appears to be: why is everyone letting him continue to test it? What is to test? Little has a stress fracture? The treatment for a stress fracture is to rest it until it heals; that is why Little has been resting it mostly since the season started. It has not healed for six months either by playing on it, or by resting it for extended periods of time. What possible logic suggests it might heal in 4 days? Forecast: for better or worse, Little on 1.5 legs plays to help KU get an RPI win over MSU and then redshirts.

jhawks 5 years, 8 months ago

Hey Mario, There are two choices.(1.) Play the rest of this year and next year.OR(2.) Red shirt this year, play next year and then sit the bench the next year. Guys are coming in that are better than you.DON"T RED SHIRT ! ! !

jordan07n 5 years, 8 months ago

TaCityHawkFan: what have you heard about ellis exactly and where at did you see this?

jasonsgill 5 years, 8 months ago

Jaybate,While I don't disagree with you, and in fact think that it's likely that they've decided that he will redshirt and just want him to go all out for an MSU win, there remains the possibility that tweaking something in the leg is due to muscle weakness or the like that can come with months of inactivity.I hope he can play this year, I still have high hopes for us come March.

Jim Jackson 5 years, 8 months ago

Men, we need to play Little now. I know he is not 100%, and I don't even know if resting him 3 more weeks tell Feb will be helpful, but like I said last week, Self is going to get top 50, sick ballers here every year. Lance Stephenson from Brooklyn could very well be here and so Mario's role will be reduced even more.

jaybate 5 years, 8 months ago

jhawks,Wow, that's some kind of pep talk! Remind me not to listen to you the next time I get an injury. :-)FWIW, I don't think Mario Little is going to be sidelined by who shows up new 2 seasons from now. He appears able to guard 2, 3, or 4, and offend from 3 or 4. With a year's practice he can probably learn to be a pretty good dribbler. Self has called him a lock down defender already, who can rebound and score some. These guys ALWAYS play on a Self team. Think about it. Are any of these great players we may have coming in already lock down defenders in SELFDEFENSE? I don't think so. They're just great physical talents who can score and probably learn to play SELFDEFENSE. But the operative word is "learn." Little already knows how, according to Self. jasonsgill,So noted. There is some possibility of it being rubber band related. But I was writing in terms of probabilities and I still think the probability is that he's got a stress fracture that worsened.But since it just between you and me, hey, I wouldn't put it past the wily Self to contrive an injury smoke screen around Mario Little to catch MSU and Ratso Izzo off guard. Wouldn't that be the greatest surprise move, since the passing lane defense against UNC last year? You can tell Self wants a win in East Lansing as much as he wanted the RPI booster vs. UTenn. A win at MSU puts KU back in the top 20, assures them a slot in the Madness, and gives them a swagger heading into conference play. It is a great scenario, but I doubt its more than a dream. Little's gimpiness vs. Sienna was not imaginary.

jaybate 5 years, 8 months ago

NEXT ISSUE:How will Quintrel Thomas respond when Little is redshirted and suddenly he is in demand again? Will QT's feelings be hurt, or will he amp it up and get better?LAST ISSUE: Checked MSU's roster and they've got a 4 bigs with bulk that play significant minutes. Suton, Roe, Morgan and Gray stand 6'8" or taller and all tip over 235. Raymar Morgan is the man at 6'8" and this poses a problem for KU. Who guards him? He will probably eat the Twins alive, but he may be a little too mobile for Cole. What then? Could see The Twins using fouls early, then Self going to zone, since MSU will probably zone a lot. Let the fouling begin.

jasonsgill 5 years, 8 months ago

I hope this is all Self conniving, but I will tell you that I saw Little play this summer at 100% and he was doing things that made my jaw drop on the court alongside NBA talent, so if it is conspiracy then Little is doing well at the game.To follow that, if Little can be 100% at any point in the next 3 months it is entirely worth ensuring that that would come to pass in lieu of a redshirt.

oldalum 5 years, 8 months ago

Trouble is, he's been resting that leg since the Canade trip, hasn't he? If it hasn't healed up in that length of time, it's hard to imagine that he will be completely well in the next three months. Even if he is, that allows him no time to play himself into game shape and get used to interacting with the rest of the team.

JayhawkPhil64 5 years, 8 months ago

jordan07n--- this is a short note about the Ellis kid that appeared in an article in the KC Star this morning.Scholarship offered to Wichita freshmanWichita Heights freshman Perry Ellis was offered a basketball scholarship by Kansas last month, his high school coach, Joe Auer, told The Wichita Eagle. Kansas is just one of the teams reportedly recruiting Ellis. Kansas State, North Carolina, Memphis and Indiana are among the many attempting to lure him.Attempts to contact the Ellis family for comment Thursday were unsuccessful. In five games this season, the 6-foot-8 Ellis has averaged 17 points and 15 rebounds. Internet recruiting sites list Ellis among the nation’s top recruits in the class of 2012I am a little leary about this but many other big time schools are pursuing. I remember Ted Owens recruited a kid from Wichita named Ricky Ross who was a bigger head case than Micah Downs, Chester Giles and JR Giddens all put together. Ever since then I have been leary of Wichita players. Steve Woodbury was the only good one we ever got from there but he was a really good one

JayhawkPhil64 5 years, 8 months ago

My apologies if the Ellis article was already on the LJW website. I didn't see it though

SuperCorona 5 years, 8 months ago

Phil, I think you are forgetting that Darnell Valentine came from Wichita and he was one of the best players in KU history.

JQSteel 5 years, 8 months ago

For all you of you who think Little needs to play this year, you are selfish. He injured himself again which means his leg won't be strong for awhile. Of course the guy wants to play, it sucks being on the bench at KU but he's no way ready to compete at his highest level yet. He hasn't played in awhile and he's stepping up to Division 1 ball as well. He has great size and can be a contributor next year and I bet all of you that he's a scorer next year. Give Releford more time, he's got great quickness.

FlaHawk 5 years, 8 months ago

Redshirt him. "Man up" and let the frosh grow. KU will be a much better team next with Mario than they will be this year with him!Give QT a chance to decide to stay or go by playing. Relaford need PT anyway to develope. Think long term. THe 2008 CHampsionship team was pretty green as frosh, so I don;t expect much more than a one and done in NCAA this year anyway.

Pam McCormick 5 years, 8 months ago

Come on guys, quit assuming everyone on this site is a man!!!!!!!!!!!!

JayhawkPhil64 5 years, 8 months ago

Super Corona, you have a point. I always thought Darnell was a tad over rated but even at that, he was still one of our best players. There were a few other head cases from Wichita that fortunately we didn't get but right now I can't remember their names. But, there was a guy who went to Wichita State and ended up the Pro's. Maybe I am condeming a whole city based on just a few players. On a related subject I am also leary of offering scholarships to Freshmen, or sophomore's for that matter. The primary reason is that they could be an early peaker who may not be as good by his senior year. It is a big enough risk, offering a scholarship based on a player's Junior year. I'm not saying you shouldn't scout young players but I wouild hate to make a commitment that early.

frompekka2sasha 5 years, 8 months ago

JayhawkPhil64- You are probably referring to Greg Dreiling. If Darnell was overrated than you may need to see a psychiatrist... because you're crazy. Wow.

Dan Harris 5 years, 8 months ago

I agree with pekka- DV was a stud! I don't know how he got pants to fit those huge thighs!

RyanHawk 5 years, 8 months ago

JayhawkPhil64,I don't really like offering a scholarship to a freshman either but really this is a no lose situation for KU. The kid is suppose to be a can't miss prospect and be in the top 20 in his class. If that does indeed happen then we are in on him from the beginning. If something happens and this kid doesn't become the player that he is suppose to become we still have a Kansas kid that is coming to KU. Ellis should end up being at least as good as our other Kansas recruits Kleinmann, Reed, Morningstar, Bechard, Releford and Teahan. So at least they are trying to keep top talent from Kansas in Kansas which is what half of the people are complaning about that our football recruiting can't do yet!!

JNHawks 5 years, 8 months ago

I am surprised North Carolina is recruiting in Kansas. Lots of good view points here, I really enjoy reading these posts

Dale Kroening 5 years, 8 months ago

Mario should redshirt. We could really use him, but I think overrall everyone will be better for it next season if he was to redshirt. We can still make the tourney without him.Let yourself heal up Mario and comeback like a lion next year. Everything will work out.

kvskubball 5 years, 8 months ago

Hey guys,my 2 cents on Little. If he's healthy play him. If not redshirt him. Let's do what is best for the player for the long haul. Messing up a stress fracture can't be good. So let's make sure it is healed before we mess up and flush the kid down the injury toilet!!!

speedy 5 years, 8 months ago

morningstar red shirted. look how much he gained by watching and shooting 3,s. little should red shirt too. he,ll gain a lot of experience just being at ku. next year will come soon enough.

KGphoto 5 years, 8 months ago

jaybate: I have a lotta props for all your comments, but I don't think any one guy is going to handle the ColeTrain anymore. He was exposed by a tremendously athletic big man in Arizona. But we were aloof, and focused on a perimeter player (which I warned against) and allowed the said Zona big to run wild. ColeTrain will get more help against Sparta and I think he will respond on the national stage. A'la, mega beat-down of Tyler Handjob in the Final Four.Granted he needs help from the twins, and for my money, Q.T. and Big Red should stand in there and absorb/deliver some meaningful early fouls.Throw the kitchen sink at these guys. Start Big Red, and draw a line in the sand. Start Q.T. and tell him to make a statement. Let ColeTrain observe, stay out of stupid early foul trouble, and put him in at the 12 to 15 min. mark of the 1st half. After we've settled a little. Then really cut him loose.As for Collins. Full speed out of the gate. Just like Tennessee. Catch 'em napping and flash the speed. All the speed. Bulldog them up and down the court, and have Sparta grabbin their shorts 10 minutes in. Morningstar, do what you do. Taylor feed off of Collins. Twins, this is your breakout game on the big stage. Take advantage.Bottom line? This game is easy. Either you dig down and find strength you didn't know you had, or you lose and deal with it. Sparta is tough. Probably the toughest team we'll play all year. Imagine if, for one night, you summoned the strength to win it. And imagine what you'll be capable of after you succeed.You will either lose a game people half expected you to lose... OR...You will put you're very own stamp on the 2008/2009 season, and on Kansas basketball history. The signature of a new era of Kansas basketball, The Blue Train.

rockchalkin54 5 years, 8 months ago

"Throw the kitchen sink at these guys. Start Big Red, and draw a line in the sand. Start Q.T. and tell him to make a statement. Let ColeTrain observe, stay out of stupid early foul trouble, and put him in at the 12 to 15 min. mark of the 1st half. After we've settled a little. Then really cut him loose."That in itself would make a statement. Matt and Quintrell starting together? Holy cow!

Tony Bandle 5 years, 8 months ago

I don't think this is rocket science...if he plays and there's pain after all this rest, he sits till next year. If he plays, pushes it and feels good, he plays on. Due to the Canada trip, the redshirt rules and the fact he's practiced and actually got in some games this first semester is almost like a free year for him at KU since he can continue to condition and absorb the KU style, bond with his team mates, become an upperclass leader in the second semester to carry over to next season with two full years of eligibility.Let's say we lose tomorrow...that's still 11-4 in non-conference. Add a 10-6 maybe 11-5 conference record, you're at 22-9...1-1 in the Big 12 Tourney, maybe 1-1 in the Show...bingo 24 and 11. Not bad for a bunch of kids!!! I think the deal is done...he will redshirt Monday morning.

KUballer 5 years, 8 months ago

KGphoto,You're suggesting we sit one of our best scoring threats and easily our best big man until 8 minutes into the game? And on top of that start our two worst big men to foul the opposition, which would cause them to get in the bonus way to early?Doesn't make sense.

jaybate 5 years, 8 months ago

Idle Thoughts Displacing Stress Before The Rumble in East Lansing Tomorrow:Will Bill Self show the KU basketball team The Untouchables, starring Kevin Costner, and repeatedly show the part where Sean Connery says in an Irish brogue, "Squeeze the trigger gently and put your man down. He'd do the same to you"?Will Bill Self show any zone press against MSU?Will Magic Johnson be in the stands, or will it be Mateen Cleeves and a player to be named later?Do KU fans understand just how tough it really is in southeast Michigan; that they sell black t-shirts with white happy faces with a bullet hole through the forehead and the line " Have a nice day" underneath? If 300 Spartans show up, will 50 Jayhawkers shoot 250 of them and charge the rest tolls?Has a college basketball team ever played an overtime period in the nude?Will both KU and MSU trainers issue up-armored Kevlar and Carbon Fiber mouth pieces for the game tomorrow?Who will guard Raymar Morgan and was Raymar named after a grocery store chain in Southeastern Michigan?Has Slim Keegan written any stories about Sherron Collins' weight problem, or anyone elses?When was the last time two Kansas high school players started for KU?Do Bill Mayer's dreams start about one thing and end about another the way his stories so often do?

jaybate 5 years, 8 months ago

On the nights KU wears their red uniforms, should they bring back Max Falkenstein to call the games?As the depression deepens, will KU lower ticket prices?Has anyone else noticed FBI agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully in Lawrence investigating the X-File of Billy Self?Does KSU's Frank Martin groom his hair with epoxy mousse?Who was Baylor University named for? Why does Texas' Rick Barnes always look like he has piles?Is it true that Mizzou is playing 40 Minutes of Mild Discomfort defense this year?Is it true that actor Dustin Hoffman has just signed to star in a sports biopic titled "Midnight Spartan" and that he will portray MSU head coach Ratso Izzo?Is it true that Tim Jankovich, after going 30-1 this year at Illinois State (one loss to KU), is going to replace Roy Williams at UNC, who will leave Chapel Hill for the head coaching job at East Carolina, mostly because Wanda wants to be closer to home?How many more games will it be before Sean Sutton becomes head coach at Okie State?Is Nebraska Coach Doc Sadler a proctologist?Has anyone ever had 6 schooners at the once legendary Louise's Bar on Mass Street and slept on a snow drift until awakened by a kindly police officer making sure there had been no crime committed?Which is colder? a brass bra or Ohio Street in a blizzard?In the grand scheme of things, does it matter that I would rather watch the KU-MSU game than resolve the Einstein Podolsky Rosen Paradox? Does it matter that some say it already has been resolved by physicists in Cerne?Okay, now I can get some sleep.

Tony Bandle 5 years, 8 months ago

Jaybate.......a brass bra in a blizzard!!

lrahardja 5 years, 8 months ago

Looking how KU keeps loosing on the board against better opponents (like MSU), we need another consistent rebounder. Mario's presence will give us a better chance of winning games for the rest of the season.But if he does not have the confidence on his leg, he should wait for next year.