Friday, January 9, 2009

KU-KSU watch party to benefit agencies

GaDuGi SafeCenter, Douglas County’s Rape Victim and Survivor Service Center, will play host to a basketball watch party Tuesday.

The Kansas University and Kansas State University men's basketball game in Lawrence will be shown at 7 p.m. at Maceli’s, 1031 N.H. Doors open at 6 p.m.

Tickets cost $20 if purchased in advance and $25 at the door. A table for eight people can also be purchased for $140. Appetizers are included with the ticket, and a cash bar will be open.

Christie Dobson, GaDuGi’s youth and adult outreach coordinator, said proceeds would benefit the center’s operations.

“This is an important time for social service agencies, and it’s critical that the community support our services,” she said.

To purchase tickets or learn more information, call GaDuGi at 843-8985. Other watch parties also planned for the Missouri game Feb. 9 and the Texas Tech game March 4.

A previous version of this story incorrectly stated where the game was being played, and also which basketball game was being shown.

Comments

Toto_the_great 11 years ago

Correct me if I am wrong, but I read that as the KU-KSU game is Tuesday and in Manhattan. I thought the game was in Lawrence (and the one in Manhattan is on a Sat in Feb).

Andy Hess 11 years ago

Toto, you are correct. its just the LJW being the LJW.

Chris Teegarden 11 years ago

But why are they having a watch party if it's in town. Don't they normaly do those when they are away games?

KUPROUD 11 years ago

Come on, LJW, where's the correction? You're pretty slow today.

shockhawk93 11 years ago

They're talking women's basketball, guys! Look to the right and see under "Latest Videos".

Jonathan Kealing 11 years ago

Yes, it's about women's basketball. I'll add the word though to avoid any confusion.Thanks,Jonathan Kealing

Toto_the_great 11 years ago

Thanks. I don't have have the latest videos option (looking at info on my cell... and I thought it would be an worthy way to watch the game.

KUPROUD 11 years ago

My sincere apologies to the LJW staff for failing to see that it was the women's game. I know you were crushed by my comments. Keep up your consistently excellent work.

d_prowess 11 years ago

You probably want to take this off the Men's Basketball site as well. Just to avoid any future confusion...

Jonathan Kealing 11 years ago

d_prowess-I tried to add a correction to the bottom of this story, but I just noticed it's a field that's not currently being displayed. So here it is. Let's just say I take whatever criticism is leveled over this story:"Previous versions of this story incorrectly stated at different times where the game was being held and which sport was being shown. The current information is accurate."

jhawk4life1976 11 years ago

This article and thread is so confusing it's giving me a headache. I feel like the guy at the beginning of "Scanners". :-p