Friday, February 20, 2009

KU coach Bonnie Henrickson asks fans to support cancer research at weekend game

Jayhawk Fans,

I am writing this letter to ask for your help in fighting breast cancer. On Sunday, Feb. 22, our Kansas women’s basketball team will host Iowa State in our annual “Pink Zone” game. Our Jayhawks will proudly sport pink uniforms as they face the nationally-ranked Cyclones in an important game in the Big 12 Conference race. More importantly, they will be assisting in finding a cure for a deadly disease.

Kansas Athletics has generously agreed to donate $1 for every person in attendance, with the money going to both Lawrence Memorial Hospital and the University of Kansas Cancer Center. In addition, I will donate $1 out of my own pocket for every KU student in attendance.

So grab a friend or family member and head over to Allen Fieldhouse at noon this Sunday, Feb. 22, and be a part of the Jayhawks’ fight against breast cancer!

Celebrate, Remember and Fight Back. Thank you for your help.

Rock Chalk!

— Bonnie Henrickson

Comments

Omegatron 11 years ago

Oh my god, I can't believe it. An article about the upcoming women's game that wasn't written the day of.

Omegatron 11 years ago

Would be nice if this was on the front page, of both sites, with a picture accompanied by some articles about cancer awareness...

phogthedog 11 years ago

KU Athletics should send a text message to all students to come to the game. Parents should bring their daughters. Sons should bring their mothers. We need to support our team AND finding a cure! Rock Chalk!

KEITHMILES05 11 years ago

Bonnie needs to put a winning team on the court more than thing such as this.

phogthedog 11 years ago

Teams generally do better if someone is there to support them. There have been a couple of close games that might have gone the other way if there would have been more KU fans there to drown out the cheers of the opposing fans.

Omegatron 10 years, 12 months ago

If I ran things up there, I'd have Coach Self accompany Coach Henrickson onto the court and have him give a speech in support of. I'm betting alot people would show up if he asked them to.

They need to do alot to get attendance up for the women. Tomorrow would be a great opportunity in furthering that goal.