Thursday, December 17, 2009

Mangino, KU settle for $3 million

Kansas coach Mark Mangino holds aloft an orange as KU athletic director Lew Perkins, right, looks on.

KU, Mangino agreed to $3 million settlement

Former Kansas University football coach Mark Mangino will receive a $3 million settlement from KU after announcing his resignation, the KU athletic department released Wednesday.

Mark Mangino’s image might have taken a hit following his messy departure from Kansas University’s football program, but his pocketbook suffered no such fate.

According to an agreement reached between the coach and the university, the former KU coach will receive a $3 million settlement in the wake of his Dec. 3 resignation.

The details of the settlement were requested by the Journal-World on Dec. 4 under the Kansas Open Records Act.

“We appreciate the eight years that Mark has given to rebuilding our football program,” KU athletic director Lew Perkins said in a release. “He and the University have reached a mutually satisfactory agreement that reflects the appreciation we have for his efforts on behalf of Kansas football.”

Mangino, who had four years remaining on a $9.2 million contract, was set to make $2.3 million per year before his departure.

In the agreement, KU revealed that it had drawn up and delivered to Mangino a draft termination letter on Dec. 2, which would have been effective Dec. 3. In exchange for KU revoking that termination letter, and “nullifying” the informal internal investigation into his treatment of players, Mangino agreed to the settlement.

In addition, both Mangino and the university agreed not to “disparage one another, or officials or employees or agents of the Parties, upon matters related to Mangino’s employment at the University.”

According to the settlement, Mangino, who coached eight seasons in Lawrence and is the program’s second-winningest coach, is to be paid in a lump sum by Dec. 24. He will also be provided with health insurance coverage through March 20, 2010, and life insurance through June 30, 2010.

Mangino also agreed to return all automobiles, cell phones, computers and keys assigned to him by KU.

University officials said the settlement would be paid through private funds raised by Kansas Athletics Inc., and that no state taxpayer funds would be used.

Comments

Dyrk Dugan 10 years, 3 months ago

just like i thought....next year's salary plus the buyout. and everything is kept hush hush.

Good luck to Coach Mangino.

Christopher Johnson 10 years, 3 months ago

A DEFINITE good luck to Coach Mangino! I hope you land a job soon. I'll be a fan of yours wherever you end up!

Karen Mansfield-Stewart 10 years, 3 months ago

Peace big man. Hopefully HCTG can build upon your successes.

jhokfan 10 years, 3 months ago

Thank you Coach Mangino and good luck to you and your family.

55jayhawk 10 years, 3 months ago

Coach, You have gone thru hell and given us a lot to cheer for. Please use some of that money to get your weight down, get to feeling good again, & then go back to coaching if you want to. You will be a winner either way whether it be in the NCAA or Pro. Thanks again for what you did for KU and I am proud of KU for stepping up and paying him a fair deal. I just want him to live long enough to enjoy it and the family to have him around for years!

100 10 years, 3 months ago

We all wish you the best Coach Mangino...

2008 Orange Bowl Season will never be forgotten...

Mangino_Maniac 10 years, 3 months ago

Well, you know I've been a fan over the years by my username... still not sure what to make of it all when I stop and think of the details of the past few weeks. If we had only gone 7-5, I'm guessing you'd still be our coach. But it is what it is, and it's now Coach Gill's turn.

So many positives from your tenure here, and that is what we should be thankful for... I love KU football again because of you, and I'll truly miss saying 'Fighting Manginos!!'

By the way - I'm looking forward to when you take over at K-State in a couple years and the intensity that will bring to our in-state rivalry. ;-)

Enjoy that $3 million... ;-)

kureader 10 years, 3 months ago

Coach Mangino earned every penny. Too bad the last 30 days couldn't be handled with more civility. I hope his legacy at KU eventually becomes more about his orange bowl team and less about the circumstances leading to his departure, and that he's able to find another good coaching position elsewhere, if he wants one.

Hawk1969 10 years, 3 months ago

Best of luck Mangino. Thanks for the memories.

Infidels_I_keel_u 10 years, 3 months ago

The Fighting Mangino's brought a lot of excitement to KU Football. MM will coach again. I have a feeling it may be a year or 2 down the road though. A break from coaching will do him a lot of good after this fiasco. Some lucky college team will inherit a better coach when it is all said and done. Good Luck Big Man!

Gene Ramp 10 years, 3 months ago

I don't know the answer, but how much $money has the Athletic Department brought in for the football program since Mangino was hired? Divide that by the number of years he served, and see if he got a fair deal on his buyout for the last three years on his contract. I strongly suspect he got screwed!

jhawkazmars 10 years, 3 months ago

Best of luck to you and your family Coach Mangino. I will never forget the 2007-2008 Orange Bowl season. I was lucky to have met you in person. Never forget you had many, many fans and you did more for KU football than anyone in a long time. Will miss Todd, Kerry, Jake, Dezmon and Mark!!! You all made KU football fun to watch and me proud to be an alum. ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK!!!!!

jhawkmt 10 years, 3 months ago

Thanks coach for everything. You deserve your 3 million and much much more. I hated to see you go. You brought a name to KU football and I hope you will always be proud to be a Jayhawk for the years you were there. God bless you and yours.

Dirk Medema 10 years, 3 months ago

ramp - The 12/2 letter was a "termination with cause" letter meaning the contract he signed said he would get nothing. The $3M is a let's skip the legal hassle of an appeal and the aditional negative impact to the program. Split the difference is the simplest of negotiations. No one got screwed.

Debbie Mangen 10 years, 3 months ago

Can someone tell me what records were broken this year in football? I know Reesing, Meier and Briscoe broke some. What was Mangino's final stats? I'm writing a paper. Thanks.

Nick Cole 10 years, 3 months ago

Getting screwed would indicate he did nothing wrong, which is the exact opposite of what him taking this settlement indicates. Had he done nothing wrong or worthy of termination, he would have said no to a settlement and either remained coach or been bought out for the full $9+ million.

So ramp, I guess MM thought his reputation would take a big hit if the things he did got out (I'm guessing there is a LOT more that we don't know about, and never will). In that light, it seems to me like he got a pretty sweet deal. I think Lew showed his compassion for the man by allowing him to take a settlement, pay him some money, and keep everything quiet (as much as possible) so Mangino could keep what's left of his reputation.

Unlike many posters on here, I commend Perkins for how he handled the situation. He should not have made it as public as it was (which I am sure Lew didn't bare the full responsibility for) but other than that, he did everything the right way. I could go through it all, but I am sure everyone doesn't want to read that long of a post. For the readers sake, I will leave it at that.

Steve Brown 10 years, 3 months ago

Bleed says: "commend Perkins for how he handled the situation. He should not have made it as public as it was (which I am sure Lew didn't bare the full responsibility for) but other than that, he did everything the right way.."

Bleed he had to release enough to move MM off dead center, and once MM realized the investigation had the goods, then he did face the music & left & quickly. MM will be a tough hire for any other program, even with the small percent on the [public record who could get him by their legal dept.
The least amount possible was made public and more was coming until MM faced the music.

he got a sweetheart deal, and took it. his other option was to stay and fight the 'termination with clause' evidence and left with less reputation and nothing financially. He nor we needed that exposure.

okiedave 10 years, 3 months ago

You are an outstanding coach. Made a good settlement. Take good care of yourself and enjoy your family. Invest your cash wisely. Explore the possibilities of life. Relax. Thanks for the memories and God bless you on your new possibilities.

frompekka2sasha 10 years, 3 months ago

Coach Mangino- I am so thankful for what you have done for the University. You represented us well and came along at a time that will never be forgotten. To heck with all of those who questioned your tactics at a time when they were necessary and when they were accepted as long as you were winning games. I will NEVER forget the Orange Bowl season and the legitimacy you brought to the program. Mark these words- those who questioned your tactics and the players that decided that they could no longer accept your coaching style...I guarantee that someday many of them will look back on your leadership and say "thank you for the tough words and the discipline you instilled because it made me a better and stronger person overall."

Thanks for taking a photo with me at the Final Four. We both had great seats for an amazing Final Four and it made me extremely proud to be a Jayhawk fan. Hopefully everyone learns from the reality of today's economics and requirement of winning ways but understand that you were the the right coach, at the right time. I actually broke into a fight with a KState fan tonight defending your honor and it took 15 years of peaceful behavior to lose my temper.

I bought football jerseys and KU football gear and my name is "frompekka2sasha" which shows my obvious love for basketball. You made me love KU football more than ever and I want to personally thank you for the monster you created. Do not ever doubt yourself going forward and please don't change regardless of the negative statements around here. EVERY KU FOOTBALL FAN KNOWS THAT YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE!!!!

Thanks and send me a message showing that you read my post. I am not trashing Lew Perkins or anyone else that made this difficult decision to move on from your vision for KU football. You made us relevant and I don't give a hoot for those that have suddenly forgotten that it took your "bullish" efforts to make this sport finally be heard around campus. Best of luck to you and your family.

Ted Toulouse 10 years, 3 months ago

The Orange Bowl was the first bowl game I ever had the privilage of attending, and I was a freshman in 1994! After being so close to the program for so long, I have to say that the OB was the most surreal moment I ever experienced in sports, and Mangino was the architect of that moment. Thanks to Coach for making KU relevant on the football landscape. Here's hoping Gill has the ability to keep sawing wood, driving the machine forward.

shelleysue 10 years, 3 months ago

Thank you to everyone here who voiced support for Coach M.

I too appreciate everything he did for KU football. If he did indeed make those mistakes, it's regrettable for sure but I think we all need to appreciate everything he did for the program. That includes putting us on the map (and yes, we're on the map - Orange Bowl, Sports Illustrated etc), a BCS bowl victory, new facilities, more medical testing for incoming players, greater performance in the classroom, a full stadium every Saturday etc.

I like that there are at least some people willing to give credit where it is due.

Good luck coach.

KUbsee69 10 years, 3 months ago

Thanks to Coach M ... wish you could have stayed on for the long term.

Now ... any tax lawyers out there??? Because this is a "settlement" and not salary, is it taxable? Many seem to think not.

If it is not, then he essentially netted his whole income for the remainder of his contract, which is good.

exiledhawkfan 10 years, 3 months ago

I thought it was hilarious rockchalkjayhawk81...anyone who feels the need to include "f____" in a sentence on a message board is the one who needs to grow up.

Joseph Kuebel 10 years, 3 months ago

Frompekka2sasha: I guarantee that someday many of them will look back on your leadership and say "thank you for the tough words and the discipline you instilled because it made me a better and stronger person overall."

Just like how 1 person, Kerry Meier was the only player he had that stood up for him whatsoever...

Lets just put it this way...Your guarantee is about as legitimate as Mangino's last words: "I'm a good guy, trust me"...I just tell people to "Don't yes sir me" (don't show me respect you worthless N), I'll send you back to st louis to get shot up with your homies like your brother did that died that way two weeks ago"....

Yea..your guarantee = Mangino saying "I'm a good guy, trust me"

So glad fatsacs is gone! He isn't getting a job ever again.

Joseph Kuebel 10 years, 3 months ago

Well maybe an assistant, never again will he coach a big6 program. And nor does he deserve to. If he was in any other profession he wouldn't have a job, why shd this be any different?

Joseph Kuebel 10 years, 3 months ago

Numbers don't lie, NONE of his former players stood up for him...

Theres a reason he doesn't have a job, there's a reason you are all in the minority.

Grow a brain. This guy is a true @$$hole...

The players that had to deal with this man, and witness it all first hand, NONE of them (except 1 player, named Kerry Meier WHO was recruited as the "posterboy" for Mangino, and Mangino took special care of him and even changed his position) stood up for him...

You Pekka2Sasha didn't deal have to deal with this first hand, in fact NOT A SINGLE one of you "Mangino supporters" (aka kstate fans-we were gonna lose 20 players to transfer if he stayed, we were gonna lose 10-15 recruits if he stayed, we would have had a football team with 50 players instead of 80 because of this guy...)

But your Guarantee means a lot, seeing as you dealt with Mangino on a daily basis...

We would have not even had a full team because nobody wants to play for this jerk...and he still admits he doesn't nothing wrong! Wow....Get a brain and understand what it is happening if we kept him! Obviously you do not think objectively or with any sort of precursor for thought.

You are a true disgrace to all of KU...

Joseph Kuebel 10 years, 3 months ago

shelleysue 10 years, 3 months ago

CaliHawk - you're unbelievable and I don't mean that in a good way.

If you read all that has been published in the LJW you would know that there were more than Meier that came forward in MM's defense. In addition, I believe I read at one point that for every former player coming forward with allegations there were many more former players/parents coming forward in his defense.

W Keith Swinehart II 10 years, 3 months ago

What happened to Mangino should not have happened the way it did, but that's college atheletics today - money, winning, money and money.

I have always liked Mangino, tough pragmatic bird that he is. Definitely not a "yes man," although that turned out to be a liability. Best of luck to you big guy.

The settlement tells much of the story. It's a fair compromise. Mangino will land on his feet somewhere. He's a good big program coach. He left us with a football program, good players and reason to hope for the future. With a good program, good players, great facilities and strong administrative support KU football should hit the ground running. I'm looking forward to next year.

omarob 10 years, 3 months ago

I think Mangino got a raw deal and that Perkins should be the one to go. But, what I think does not matter. I have really enjoyed following KU football and our former coach. I wish Coach Mangino all the best.

Joseph Kuebel 10 years, 3 months ago

Sorry I want my program to have more than 2/3 of a football team!

If you are a complete loser and want your football team to have 25 players less than every other school in the conference go cheer for that elsewhere, I don't accept "fans" that "want" or "stand up" for a coach who clearly has no chance at success...

So we were gonna get 5 recruit out of 15 if mangino stayed - which was a major reason why MM was let go, also we were going to have 20-25 players transfer...

Shelleysue- If you think that every other player is wrong, then why would half the team leave? and 2/3 of our potential recruits leave?

You are unbelievable if you call yourself a fan...Ya, your a real Jayhawk fan (sarcasm)- A real fan who wants to keep a coach that can't even get a full roster to play for him because he treats his players just so so swell (sarcasm again).

Shelleysue - He had 250 players and nobody wrote a single article on any of them having his back. Like I said Meier had his back...Reesing himself said "I want to pooch punt on 3rd down on the first set of down vs. Oklahoma (when KU was 5-1 playing OU) because I can't stand Mangino" - is what he said in Economics class.

Ya, your not bias or anything...LMFAO

Joseph Kuebel 10 years, 3 months ago

Because Perkins listened to his athletes at his university and did his job?

Perkins didn't even announce to the media that this whole debacle took place, and Keegan himself said he had more than enough information to release an article that said several other players came forward....

So Perkins did what wrong?

What could he have different is what I have been asking.

It never gets a response because he did nothing wrong.

Get a brain and read. Lew is best, and we are more than lucky to have him. He has increased revenue over 40 million annually by policy changes alone...and has been names sports manager of the year.

ROCK CHALK! LOVE THAT LEW KNOWS WHATS BEST BECAUSE IF ANY OF YOU RAN IT WE'D BE SITTING DEAD LAST FOR THE NEXT 8 YEARS, JUST LIKE WE WERE WITH OUR BEST FOOTBALL TEAM EVER THIS YEAR!

shelleysue 10 years, 3 months ago

I've not one time said anything against Perkins. I've also said that through the last few weeks it isn't necessarily that I was pro Mangino, I just wasn't anti Mangino. I've also said that I think every fan needs to give credit where it is due. 2009 was not what anyone expected. However the man does deserve credit for helping KU:

BCS bowl victory 12-1 season A full stadium every Saturday Introducing new medical testing guidelines (of which found Meier's condition) Improved academic performance Higher graduation rate among football players New facilities Having faith in athletes no other D-1 program wanted Creating excitement around KU football Etc.

The whole thing was a huge mess in countless ways and it was very unfortunate for everyone involved. Here are some questions I have:

If it MM was so abusive, why did no one come forward sooner? There really isn't any excuse.

You believe that Perkins is the greatest. Do you think he doesn't know EVERYTHING that's going on with KU Athletics? Of course he does. Which means if MM was that abusive, Perkins knew it. Do you think Perkins should take any responsibility for allowing him to continue for 8 years (when KU was improving and winning)?

Perkins has done a lot for KU also. He helped achieve those things on my list. But as AD he is the one responsible for all of KU Athletics and it all rests on his shoulders.

PS - We did not have the best football team ever this year. (My expectations were just as high as anyone, but in hind sight I realize my expectations were really TOO high) Make a list of what we had and what we didn't have on the field and the didn't have list will be longer. We had some outstanding players on the field, but we had way too many holes.

Steve Brown 10 years, 3 months ago

Cali33: thanks for responding with such passion so I don't have to.

I don't feel the Mad Mark supporters are a disgrace however, I think they were hopeful & terribly misguided.

MadMark's fans confused being devoted to crimson & blue to being an advocate for him. They mix up continued loyalty to him to their continued KU loyatly.

I wrote a bunch of other stuff but it doesn't matter, water under the bridge .... for you MM supporters, just down the road, someday ask yourself, if Lori W. report had the goods on him or not, here's your clue. If it didn't; he would have had case for the full $9 million, not 1/3 of it. His actions in leaving tail under his rear should be a sign for you. His attny. and agents aren't stupid.

my admiration goes to the players, parents and (assitant coaches if any) that weren't afraid of him and reported the truth to the dept. and started the ball rolling even at their own peril for the long term betterment of our program.

Tony Bandle 10 years, 3 months ago

Well, that's about 1.5 million Big Macs.....Mark will be set!!

All kidding aside, he needs to take care of himself for the sake of his family and his own piece of mind. I truly hope he finds his way.

shelleysue 10 years, 3 months ago

I believe his original contract was 9 million. He had 6 million left on it. He got half. From what I've read, if they had cause to fire him, the settlement would have been $600,000. Since he got 3 million I am left to assume that they didn't totally "have the goods". After everything that went down this past month MM knew that he could never remain coaching at KU and KU knew they didn't have everything needed to terminate him with cause. So they split it down the middle.

Steve Brown 10 years, 3 months ago

Shelly sorry I wrote my avove post before I saw your post which appeared at same time. You and I have had our differences yet I appreciate your KU passion.

Your words confuse me, help me out here: ""Perkins gave MM a huge raise after the Orange Bowl. Do you think Perkins was putting a ridiculous amount of pressure on MM to perform after that? Of course he was. Do you think the pressure could have been so intense that the pressure trickled downhill? Do you think it's coincidence that these things happened over the past two years?""

So let me get this right, Perkins gave MM a big raise which imposed undue pressure on him to win at all cost, and MM blew up and couldn't handle the pressure and took it out on his kids. So the anger management issues are Lew's fault,
Well you an A for creativity.

BTW other than Kerry, the silence of other player support was defeaning.

Steve Brown 10 years, 3 months ago

I stand corrected he got half as you say.

Steve Brown 10 years, 3 months ago

Shelly: as I read the exit deal, from KU he gets nothing. isn't this telling to our liability.

In trade not to fight the 'settlement' and to not say disparaging comments toward each other, we have an interested alumn to raise and pay the cash.

So if we didn't have the 'goods' and he was due the funds, or even half the funds wouldn't the university would be paying....instead of interested parties. perhaps I'm off base, been wrong a ton before.

glad he was here, glad he is gone, wished he had more emotional control of his deep seeded anger which this year got out of his own control and translated to lack of leadership which translated to last place.

He was not fired for finsihing last place, it wasn't the fever but the infection that caused both the termination and the losses.

shelleysue 10 years, 3 months ago

The entire athletic department is Lew's responsibility. Period.

If a CEO puts pressure on a manager, the manager will in turn put pressure on his staff. It sucks, but that's how the business world works. The players are part of the business of Kansas Athletics. You've all said it. KU Athletics is a business that Perkins is running. I'm not saying I like it, I'm just saying that's the way it is.

I didn't really say it, but I guess now that I think about it yes, it is partly Perkin's fault. We've all agreed how competent Perkins is at running the business. So as that competent person, I think it's safe to assume that he knew of MM's anger management issues. If he allowed him to continue abusing players then, yes - he is partially responsible.

I will remind you, these are my opinions. You have your opinions, I have mine. They are all opinions because none of us are personally involved in KU Athletics therefore we don't have first hand knowledge of everything that really happened.

TexasJayhawk78 10 years, 3 months ago

Coach Mangino,

Good luck to you and your family! We will miss you at KU, but will follow you with great interest at your next assignment!

Thanks for everything you have done for this school, city, state, and conference!

shelleysue 10 years, 3 months ago

I think I've heard before of alum buying out contracts - not at KU but other places when they just wanted rid of a coach.

manginofan 10 years, 3 months ago

Coach Mangino Good luck! I hope you get to coach in better school than KU. Shame on Lew Perkins. He is Jack****s. I think Lew needs to be fired. I went to the MU/KU game in Arrow head I was praying for the win and we couldn't. I felt so bad Todd, Meier, Briscoe and the senior class. I cried for them. I wish they could win the last game.You gave such an opportunity to Ressing. If you were winning I am sure this wouldn't have happened. Some guy who is not a man enough went to complain. He should not play football. I don't know where you are now. I wish you all the best. Now, Lew hired a loser with $2ml. He is not going to win anything and I for sure wouldn't go and spend money to them play with the turner guy as coach. They couldn't even get a good coach with reputation with all the money. This Gill guy does not deserve to be our coach. All I can say Lew is stupid and he hired another stupid and KU is going to fall behind what you built. Most KU fans are not happy with this hire. I hope Lew Perkins fails big time and they lose to MU/NU.

KU_Alumn_2000 10 years, 3 months ago

After about 2 seasons, everyone is going to realize that Perkins made two big mistakes.

One - He should of never had fired Mangino. Two - He brought in the wrong coaching staff to take this program forward.

pinkhawk 10 years, 3 months ago

No one seems to care what the rest of the staff and their families got out of this deal: caught in the middle of an ugly investigation+ fired the week before Christmas+ only 1 month severance pay. Extremely disappointed in the manner this was handled. Granted, they all come into it knowing that this is how their chosen profession works, but this situation has been unusually mismanaged.

Kristospherein 10 years, 3 months ago

Thank you coach for what you did to this program...this is a program worth arguing about now because of you.

troutsee 10 years, 3 months ago

Good luck, MM. You worked hard. Now take advantage of the time off to deal with you health issues.

I agree with the change of coaches. I think our recruiting would have been hurt had we retained MM. Furthermore, and most importantly, team morale seemed to have dipped to a very low level. The fun had evaporated and along with it team unity. Watching the KSU game was especially painful. Coaching gaffes were present throughout the season. We hung 76 on NU two years ago. Their defense was horrible. Now look at their defense and then look at our's (a mere two years later). Most importantly there was not that big a gap in the quality of recent recruiting classes between NU and KU (according to Rivals). That alone points to a gap in coaching expertise.

It was pretty gutsy of the players and the parents to come forward. Lew did what he had to do under the circumstances.

It's all water under the bridge now. Let's move on.

okiedave 10 years, 3 months ago

In regard to the question on the taxability of the settlement. Generally, settlements are taxable unless it is a settlement for a physical injury. Since this is a lump sum payment for future wages due, the IRS is most likely going to get their share. A settlement is a good settlement when both parties walk away upset with the outcome. The 3 million showed that both sides were somewhat nervous about their positions. MM will be just fine after taxes if he used his previous salary wisely. If he does not wish to work again, he will not need to. But I think MM will be out on the field again someplace else. When I was in high school, I thought that an enjoyable life would be teaching history at a high school and coaching on the side, excepting for the $, which MM does not now need to worry about. Good luck coach.
NOTE TO MM: This is not intended to be tax advice -- talk to you CPA.

colohawk2814 10 years, 3 months ago

Thanks for taking the deal, it is better to leave the nasty stuff undiscovered.

I keep hearing these comments that Mangino needed to instill discipline into the program due the poor condition he found it in after the TA years. I believe that is very true, but around 2004/2005 most of the players would have been recruited by his staff. Why was it necessary to continue this harsh behavior at that point and going forward if indeed he was bringing in the players he felt fit into his system, understood his philosophy, the program, etc. Maybe Mangino and his staff were not that good at evaluating character?

I am guessing we will see a much improved team next year even with the key losses on offense and we will be surprised by the new faces in the depth chart. My guess is several players were in the dog house for petty reasons only Mangino understood. Most people would say Mangino was a big man, I think he was actually a little man.

shelleysue 10 years, 3 months ago

You're right pinkhawk. Even though I haven't written anything about it here, I have been thinking about the entire coaching staff. I feel bad for them also. Like I've said - this whole mess was so unfortunate on so many levels. I wish them all the best!

Steve Brown 10 years, 3 months ago

KUALum2000: after about two seasons everyone will know lew made 2 mistakes:

1. Kept Mad Mark one year too long.
  2. should have let the investigation play out a little more, as MM was forcing.

Not to save the $3m but to enlighten the throng of his supporters that his termination was the only end game & with cause. Some will now never know. It is safer for KU & MM the report is hidden, yet I"m for enlightenment. Most cases are settled out of court and out of public view of the evidence. sad yet the way of our world. I realize the way it happened was for the best for all, including and especially him.

Steve Brown 10 years, 3 months ago

Flash: Tiger was under such pressure from Nike to be the second coming that he broke out of character and fell from grace. Some are laying blame on his sponsors, agents, pals (Jordan & Barkley) that took him to Vegas, head of his foundation for not protecting him from himself and creating 'pressure'. or Tiger is two faced, a public Nike constructed character and a behind the scenes out of control guy that can't walk on water.

WilburNether 10 years, 3 months ago

$3 million?!? Ridiculous. He should have been fired. Period. End of discussion.