Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Releford’s list at nine

Trevor Releford, a 5-foot-11 senior basketball guard from Bishop Miege High School in Roeland Park, tells Zagsblog.net he has narrowed his list of colleges to nine. Releford, younger brother of Kansas University sophomore Travis Releford, has a list of Alabama, Arizona, Oklahoma, Tennessee, USC, UCLA, Texas A&M;, Minnesota and Missouri State. KU has not actively recruited Releford.

Comments

Timmay97 10 years, 5 months ago

Is this news to KU readers because his brother is on our team? If KU isn't actively recruiting him, who cares? This is a pointless little tidbit article.

Karen Mansfield-Stewart 10 years, 5 months ago

Why all the hate on this site? Not just the previous post, but I see it a lot from posters about writers and articles. If you don't like a certain writer, don't read his articles... I respectfully disagree with Timmay97. Travis Releford is part of our family and by extension so is his younger brother. Furthermore, KU has evaluated Trevor and there has been interest in the past. Therefore, its interesting on two levels: 1) He's part of our extended Jayhawk family and 2) KU is not recruiting him at this time.

RockChalkGuy 10 years, 5 months ago

I agree with billhawk. People need to quit bashing on the writers and the content of the articles. If you don't like it, don't read it.

gmservmgr 10 years, 5 months ago

billhawk and RockChalkGuy are both right on. Stick with comments about the article or the point stated...leave the writer alone.

KUTPO 10 years, 5 months ago

He would thrive at Missouri State! Unlike his brother, he'd probably be a starter. He'd be lost and on the pines at UCLA, USC, OK, OKST... etc. I'm also glad he's not considering MU. It would be tough to have to root against him.

Dan Spurgin 10 years, 5 months ago

Though I agree about the negative tone of many messages... think it's a legitimate point to question if an article should have been written in the first place.

Setting the agenda is the most important part of any meeting. If the agenda itself is flawed, the meeting conversation is guaranteed to be flawed.

LAJayhawk 10 years, 5 months ago

I'm interested to see where Trever Releford ends up.

And I'm guessing I'm not alone.

NebraskaJayhawk 10 years, 5 months ago

Definitely, LAJay. If this guy ends up going to Mizzou, this article and those following will become more and more interesting. Brothers playing against one another in that type of setting....wow, wouldn't that be something?

Chris Shaw 10 years, 5 months ago

Yeah, it would be cool to see the brothers playing against each other. It happens all the time though. The Shipp Brothers (One at UCLA and the other at ASU) and the Holiday Brothers (UCLA and the other at Washington) are the ones that come right off the top of my head. It's happened in the past, just don't want to spend time looking it up on google.

suttonku 10 years, 5 months ago

KU does not need him thats why we arent recruiting trevor hard...we are going to get a better PG than Releford such as a Daron Lamb...plus we already have Woolridge coming.

rockchalkjayhawk4ku11 10 years, 5 months ago

I've watched him play, nothing special...I also thought Travis was ranked a little high when he was recruited.

labbadabba 10 years, 5 months ago

From what I hear, he's not a bad football player. Maybe Mangenius should go after him instead.

dubya 10 years, 5 months ago

I have also heard he's a very solid CB. Perhaps Mangino would be wise to pursue.

KANSTUCKY 10 years, 5 months ago

I would be interested to see where Travis is heading. You can't have as many turnovers as you have quality possessions and stay on the court with this team. Also, you can't put too much water in a nuclear reactor.

hayshawk2123 10 years, 5 months ago

Trevor Releford is a beast, there is no way this kid goes D2. Give me a break KUTPO!! I myself don't always agree with different sites about rankings but when someone has you pegged as the 41st best player in your class, your special. KU is pursuing lots of other point guards, I would imagine they think he is undersized. You can't knock him when Point Guard University offered him! He's a big time player whether KU wants him or not.

eastTXjayhawk 10 years, 5 months ago

i have to agree to disagree with those that are against timmay on this one. normally i don't like the negativity either, but he's not really being overly negative, he just doesn't care where someone we're not recruiting is going to school.

and those of you who say, "if you don't like the author, don't read the story" have obviously never met Mr. J-W Staff Reports! I met that bastage in a bar once and he stole my seat and my girl! He can have the girl, but the seat had a perfect view of the TV.

waywardJay 10 years, 5 months ago

I guess it's all about click hits.... in that sense they are right... you want them to go away.. don' click their articles... however.... the readers should have an active hand also.... Personally i want to be immersed in quality when i think of Jayhawks..... not just the people i tend to agree with... and that's where i think some of these writers need to Jog on.....i want the best possible standard.... and that's sorely lacking when they C and P AP stories.... Like in this instance

championhawks 10 years, 5 months ago

I might be wrong, but hasn't it already been reported on this site that KU is not actively recruiting Trevor? So if KU is not actively recruiting him, this is not news for KU fans. IF the kid ends up choosing a Big XII school where Travis would be playing him every year, then it may become news and they can do a story and interview Travis about it. But give me a break, this kid is not part of our 'family' because he is Travis' little brother! This story has nothing to do with KU and nothing to do with a KU basketball story!

Displayhawk 10 years, 5 months ago

Trevor Releford would be a good recruit for Turg at Texas A&M. He could learn under a former point guard who IS a proud part of the KU family!

Joe Ross 10 years, 5 months ago

Bottom line: there is a recruit who is choosing a place to play basketball, and his brother is on our team. That justifies the news. No further explanation necessary. Im in agreement with the voices who say the writer/article bashing needs to be reserved for when it's warranted. Wet blankets!!!

Joe Ross 10 years, 5 months ago

By the way there have been people who, on the other side, criticized the LJWs thoroughness in the past for letting news like this go through the cracks, alleging it was a sub-par publication. When they print it, you get people coming out to say "why was this even written?" People are just never satisfied, no matter what you do. Reminds me of a poem Mom used to recite:

"As a rule, a man's a fool. When it's hot he wants it cool. When it's cool he wants it hot. He always wants the way it's not."

Michael Bratisax 10 years, 5 months ago

I agree with billhawk also. It was the Journal's job to report the story. Every News story isn't going to be front page material.

championhawks 10 years, 5 months ago

So now we are going to have to hear about everyone's siblings picking a school... when that school has what it looks to be 0% chance of being KU? Stick with the ACTUAL KU players and not their siblings

Joe Ross 10 years, 5 months ago

like I said champion, people are gonna complain either way...thanks for proving it.