Monday, October 20, 2008

KU-KSU will be televised on FSN with 11:30 a.m. start time

The Kansas-Kansas State football game in Lawrence on Nov. 1 will be televised on FSN and will start at 11:30 a.m., the Big 12 announced Monday.

The game will be the fourth pre-noon kickoff for KU in a five-game stretch. The Jayhawks also will have had games before noon against Iowa State, Colorado and Texas Tech.

It will also be the eighth straight television game for KU. The Jayhawks have only had one game this year that has not been televised (FIU).

KU will play host to Texas Tech this Saturday at 11 a.m. on ESPN.

The rest of the Big 12 television schedule for Nov. 1 is as follows:

Iowa State at Oklahoma State, 2:30 p.m., ABC

Texas at Texas Tech, 7 p.m., ABC or ESPN

Nebraska at Oklahoma, 7 p.m., ABC or ESPN

Comments

thiknthinhawk 10 years, 12 months ago

No doubt, d_prowess- it's a good thing! Hawks by 24!

sevenyearhawk 10 years, 12 months ago

You all should have the Bloody Mary recipe memorized by now ... :DThere's nothing wrong with being hungover by the afternoon ... after all: it's five o'clock somewhere!

John Stowell 10 years, 12 months ago

It's great to get this TV exposure, but those early kickoffs are making tailgating a challenge. There's just something sad about being hungover by four in the afternoon.

KU 10 years, 12 months ago

I need that bloody mary recipe again.

Dyrk Dugan 10 years, 12 months ago

very cool that it's on TV....i figured maybe KSU would drag us down...tee he. Go Jayhawks!

kansas22 10 years, 11 months ago

NOOO!!!! Why must you put us through another early morning game??? I don't exactly know who you is, but somebody out there is not a fan of KU. I know it's good to be on tv and blah blah blah, but I love me some tailgating!Oh well, looks like another early morning of bacon, eggs, and of course, bloody mary's before we take it to good ol' Josh Freeman!

d_prowess 10 years, 12 months ago

Remeber when we were not good and didn't get the opportunity to complain about early start times because none of our games were on TV! I agree that the early start times aren't the best for tailgating, but I appreciate the reasons behind the problem. Go Hawks!

Mr_Sandman 10 years, 12 months ago

Can't wait to go to this game. KU should win this one by at least 14 and the grapeheads should be making excuses by halftime.

OhioHawkfan 10 years, 11 months ago

DAMN! I was hoping for at least a 3:00 kickoff! My flight lands in KC @ 8:50, so I'll have to haul ass to make sure I get there in time! Anyone know a highway patrolman who can give me an escort?

JayViking 10 years, 11 months ago

Ugh. Thanks for the TV, but another morning game?SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT.

KUFan90 10 years, 11 months ago

One word for all you complainers : TIVO.If you live out of town how hard is it to avoid the KU score during the day? I live in MPLS...I TIVO the game, and watch it at my leisure later in the day. Problem solved.

quigley 10 years, 11 months ago

Maybe the Texas game will be in the afternoon at least. Hmmmmmmm....... Maybe. I agree, and couldn't even begin to imagine what it is like on the west coast. I am just tired of the dirty looks I get from my wife when I crack open a beer at 9am. What am I supposed to do? If the game was at 3, I would be drinking at 1pm.

barackchalkjhawk 10 years, 11 months ago

Boy that 2:30 ABC slot would've been nice. Really cutting into my sleep with these early starts. Plus it often leads to drinking in Lawrence all day. Wait, maybe these early kickoffs are a good thing after all.

zazy 10 years, 11 months ago

This will be tough for the students after a night of debauchery on Halloween...

oregonjhawk 9 years, 11 months ago

Eggs and football don't mix?? Bring on the buffet breakfast and pigskin over here anytime!!