Monday, October 13, 2008

KU will meet Texas Tech at 11 a.m. on ESPN or ESPN2

Game is Jayhawks' homecoming

The Big 12 Conference announced Monday morning that KU's game against Texas Tech will be at 11 a.m. Oct. 25 and televised by ESPN or ESPN2.

The Jayhawks are currently ranked No. 16 and Texas Tech is ranked No. 7.

This will be the team's seventh consecutive televised game. The Jayhawks are already scheduled to play Oklahoma at 2:30 p.m. Saturday, televised by ABC. Texas Tech meets Texas A&M; on Saturday.

ESPN and ESPN2 are Sunflower Broadband Channels 33, 34, 233, 234.

Other games on Oct. 25 include:

Iowa State vs. Texas A&M;, time to be announced and not on television.

Kansas State vs. Oklahoma at 11:30 a.m. on FSN

Nebraska vs. Baylor at 11:30 a.m. on VERSUS

Texas vs. Oklahoma State at 2:30 p.m. on ABC

Missouri vs. Colorado at 5:30 p.m. on FSN

Comments

actorman 11 years ago

I agree, KUdude, but what bothers me even more is the number of students leaving at halftime or well before the end of the game. That is incomprehensible to me -- as someone who suffered through many horrible games until the bitter end in the early '80s.

d_prowess 11 years ago

Don't get me wrong, it is great to be on TV, but it would have been nice to have a later start for this game in particular since it is Homecoming. Oh well, such are the tough times of being a football school...

actorman 11 years ago

On the other hand ... I welcome someone convincing me that I'm wrong, but I don't see KU staying close in this one. From what I've seen, I'm guessing OU wins by at least 20.

killabees 11 years ago

Lot of early games this year. Must be rough for the tailgaters, but I'm sure the coaches like them sooner on so the players don't sit around all day thinking about the game.

shelleysue 11 years ago

Driving about three hours, the 11 am games are a killer because we have to be on the road incredibly early, and the late games are a killer because it's 1 am before we get home. Can we PLEASE have a couple of mid-afternoon HOME games!! I will agree - some more bloody marys sound delicious. :o) Whatever the game time, it's always the best of times!Rock Chalk Jayhawk!!

KU 11 years ago

Rivethead.....Nice humor. I'm generally not too worried about Chris Harris.Kendrick Harper seemed to get back in the swing of things a little, don't you think?

WeAreTheChamps 11 years ago

Ugh 11 am?? Oh well beer for breakfast then!! Can't wait!!!

Omari Miller 11 years ago

These early games are rough for us on the West Coast. No chance to have a pre-game run-up out here when kickoff is at 9:00 AM.

troutsee 11 years ago

If Toledo can beat Michigan and Arkansas can beat Auburn, we can beat OU. There defense can be dissected. We need to get a few stops on D, and we definitely need to get off to better starts.

railer1122 11 years ago

I'm going to try to bring some sunscreen for this game. Anyone else get burned Saturday?

Rivethead 11 years ago

Yes, Kendrick is playing well and I don't worry about Chris too much either.Just couldn't resist the set up there. It's tough being a CB in the Big XII these days!

Bob Zielinski 11 years ago

OU beating KU is nothing set in stone. What if Bradford doesn't play the entire game? Last season Texas Tech beat OU with Bradford on the bench. We all saw West Virginia roll all over OU in the bowl game last season. OU went to Boulder, got up early and thought the game was over last season. They ended up losing. OU is not unbeatable, they don't run the ball very well so they are somewhat one dimensional. KU will need a couple breaks and to play a fairly flawless game to really compete with OU. On the other hand, when teams feel like they should be playing for a national title and all they have to do is show up, be Oklahoma, make a few big plays and the game will just end up a 'W' they are mistaken. If KU brings their game and doesn't hurt themselves with penalties and special teams breakdowns they can give OU a game. Especially if OU only plays one good half and thinks that alone will win all four quarters.

oregonjhawk 11 years ago

Um, you're in Honolulu.....YOU quit complaining....

jbsd31 11 years ago

Omari, I agree...the 9:00 start times are tough on us west coasters. It would be nice to go to a place that doesn't serve breakfast to watch the game. But I can't complain, we've only had to miss 1 game out here, a couple years ago we were lucky to even see 1 or 2 all year.

sevenyearhawk 11 years ago

Sounds like time for more Bloody Marys ...

Max Ledom 11 years ago

mbmerriman,you really think its back to the dumps for us when todd leaves? Do you really think that Mangino has no plan and this was it? well if you have forgotten you should know that we have a very talented QB in the waiting in Kale Pick. He has been watching Todd and learning from him so if your saying that we will struggle when he leaves you really dont know what your talking about. Big lack of faith in Mangino's program. Also im disapointed with someofyou saying we are going to get blown out? things are finally coming together this season on D as we all could see saturday and Offence was playing well also. I do admit we need to start better but i strongly believewe can win this game.

Lance Hobson 11 years ago

Quit complaining, that's 6 a.m. in Honolulu.

mbmerriman 11 years ago

KUdude101But we are a basketball school, were gonna be good in football til todd leaves and then it will be a struggle again. Bball is always there though, Kansas is and always will be a basketball school

lance1jhawk 11 years ago

mbmerriman- His name is Kale Pick... and he is a STUD. No worries at qb after Sparky leaves.shelleysue- I too drive over 3 plus hours, and yes these early games are killers, but for the price of being a football school its not a real big deal.And yes the my left side was sunburned.

shelleysue 11 years ago

I had a lot of people ask me about the kick off chant. We're on the 20 and honestly, I never heard it down there. However, I didn't make a point to listen for it either. I was busy concentrating on the game and making my own noise that I totally forgot about it even though we heard Mangino's plea before the game.After watching Chase Daniel pretty much have meltdowns twice now and make some mistakes out of character for him, I feel better about the MU game. He has shown that on any given day he can be very vulnerable. Our D will just need to keep the pressure on him. After the complete and total miserable experience at Arrowhead last year, we bought tickets again - and this time I am counting on being happy when I leave the place!!!The Big 12 is really tough this year, but I think it was proven Saturday especially, that any team can win ... or lose on game day. The Big 12 North is there for the taking by the team that simply wants it the most.Rock Chalk Jayhawk!!

Alex Lent 11 years ago

Bring some sun screen for everybody...I too got burned on Sat.

sawman3333 11 years ago

I got sunburned....on half of my face! If my seats were nearer the 50 yard-line it would have been a different story.The CU game was the first I saw in person this year. A few observations:1) You can definitely hear the student chant at kickoffs. It must go!2) (This is REALLY picky) Why don't we use the same font for the yard-markers on the field and in the end-zone that we use for the official KU stuff?3) I think we have a chance to win the North. It's slim, but if MU loses (please, let them lose!) to Texas, anything is possible.4) I'm really worried about the Nebraska game.5) Every Big XII school has a rough schedule in conference!

actorman 11 years ago

Seven consecutive televised games?!?!? I never thought I'd see anything remotely like that in my lifetime. My, how times have changed!I still remember my first year out here in the Bay Area, 1986. KU's first game was against North Carolina, and it was on regional television. I called a local TV station and was able to find out about a sports bar that had satellite TV. I watched the game in a huge sports bar without a single other KU fan around and saw KU get shut out, 20-0. From what I can recall, that was the only game televised that year -- which was a good thing, given that KU went 3-8 (including a 70-0 loss to Nebraska, pretty much par for the course in those days).It's still amazing to think about how far this program has come.

Dyrk Dugan 11 years ago

let's start that parade around 8:30....so they can get that out of the way before the game....tee he. it was a mess last year on campus.should be a wild one with TTech.....we can win this game, with a little bit of improvement over the last couple of weeks. Go Jayhawks!

Ryan Sullivan 11 years ago

mbmerriman,I do think that this year's team would be in big trouble if not for reesing, but I don't see us ever going back to the basement. Not with the new facilities, not with our improved ability to recruit. We may not ever have a year like last year again, although its certainly possible, but we are heading for alot of bowl games in the future. This year though - thank god for reesing.

Seth Peattie 11 years ago

Big Ten football can . . . SUCK IT!!!!!!!!!!

Alex Lent 11 years ago

As a KU football fan who just graduated in May of 08' I am very displeased with the lack of crowd support we get from the Jayhawk faithful. It disappoints me to get to the game and feel I'm at a high scrimmage. I get sick and tired of people not getting loud for EVERY defensive play. Nevermind the students yelling obscenities, at least a section is cheering for something! There's a reason why we get the reputation of being basketball school and never a football school, or even both for that matter. I remember in the 04 season and it was much loder then when we were trying to keep up with the other team on the field, now students and fans alike think because we are "ranked" cheering the whole game some how doesn't apply to them! It angers me, and I know I am not alone!!! Football teams thrive off of the crowd of which they call their home stadium and fans! Let's get LOUD and God forbid stand up on the non-student side for the whole game! Come'on Jayhawk faithful start yelling and I promise it will fun, and not to mention contagious!

Jeff Worthington 11 years ago

I'm just glad we're getting the TV exposure, I'll show up if the game is at 5 a.m. I don't care. Yeah I'd rather play at 2:30 or in prime time, but I'm not picky. Being on ESPN, ESPN2, or ABC is always better than Versus, FSN, or FCS.I can't even imagined how PUMPED the crowd will be for this game if we can somehow pull one out in Norman. Even if we lose to OU, we control our own destiny in the North, and that's a very important thing.

actorman 11 years ago

Sorry, I should clarify. I mean in the OU game, not the Texas Tech game.

Ryan Sullivan 11 years ago

Glad its gonna be on an ESPN channel though. Hate the ABC regional crap. I get stuck with some crappy Big 10 game.

Seth Peattie 11 years ago

M I Z - Z O U can ... ... S U C K - I T!!!!!!!!

bmcmich1 11 years ago

actorman,I'm not going to tell you that you're dead wrong -- but I'm not going to tell you I absolutely agree with you either --I see it possibly going two ways Saturday, one of which would be yours:1) OU is really, really p$ssed off after the UT loss and takes it out on us -- it's never close from the starting gun on. Ugly.2) OU is still demoralized and feeling sorry for themselves, they don't have their heads on straight and KU hangs around enough to make it interesting.Let's hope it's door number 2.

actorman 11 years ago

I hope you're right, bmcmich, but given that Stoops is still the coach, I'm not too confident. It sure would be exciting to see KU pull it off, though -- all of a sudden it would be like last year again.

Jayhawk1116 11 years ago

I'm tired of Mizzou getting the prime time games!!!

rolo2383 11 years ago

I put sunscreen on before the game so I didn't get burned.We could get blown out if we play like we did the last two weeks and don't really score until the second half. We have to score early to let OU know we are there to win.Kale Pick is sitting in the wings waiting for his turn and we have a commit from a very promising QB out of Missouri coming in next year. Our talent level is improving so I don't see us becoming seller dwellers again anytime soon. We'll let the mildcats have that honor for awhile until MU joins them in a couple of years.

TKELuke 11 years ago

Ummm can we get a homecoming game thats in the evening sometime. I feel like its at 11 or 12 every year.