Originally published October 10, 2008 at 09:36a.m., updated October 10, 2008 at 10:42a.m.

Robinson orally commits to KU

Thomas Robinson has orally committed to play basketball at Kansas University.

Robinson, a 6-foot-8, 210-pound forward from Brewster Academy in Wolfeboro, N.H., and Rivals.com's No. 18-rated player in the country, said Friday morning he had chosen Bill Self's Jayhawks over runner-up Memphis.

"I'm excited. I felt like it was home for me, all the special players there," said Robinson, who visited KU Sept. 19-20, and Memphis two weeks later.

Robinson, who said he "fell in love" with KU on his campus visit, had a heart-to-heart talk with his mom, Lisa, on the phone Thursday night.

He informed Self of the decision after that phone call.

"He was excited, happy, amazed what he saw there," Lisa said of her son's opinion of KU. "I had him make the trip to Memphis to get a second opinion. He really felt he wanted to attend Kansas so last night we said, 'For peace of mind, let's get it over with.' He's happy so I am happy."

You better believe rebounding machine Robinson is happy.

"I just really felt comfortable there," Robinson said. "Since my visit my mother and I have been talking for a while. I thought it was the best place for me to be a player and student, also. After we talked I spoke with coach Self. He was excited. He was happy to get it over with, too, and said, 'Just get started for the upcoming season.'''

Robinson played his junior season at Riverdale Baptist High in Upper Marlboro, Md.

"I hope to bring energy and hard work on defense, rebounding," said Robinson, known as one of the best rebounders in the Class of 2009. "I work hard and do what it takes to win. Kansas has had so many great players in the past and I'm really excited to go to a school like that."

He said he first started paying attention to KU three years ago.

"I started to follow them when Brandon (Rush) was a sophomore," he said. "I watched him a lot on TV. He's really a good player and I always knew they had a great players and coaches. I'm happy with my decision."

Robinson will sign a letter of intent during the November signing period.

Comments

CaramelMacchMan 11 years, 5 months ago

Another reason why i'm going to get drunk at the football game tomorrow.... hell yeah.... Rock chalk baby...

Ryan Sullivan 11 years, 5 months ago

I think we should slow down on talking about guys leaving early. Whoever made the point about someone having to step up and therefore boosting his potential draft position at the end of the season, that's a very good point, and it could definitely happen. But we shouldn't hope to lose a Collins or Aldrich to early departure just to open up a scholarship for a hot shot prospect who will likely leave after a year, maybe 2. We'll get a gaurd out of the class, possibly 2. There enough quality kids available that we'll be in good shape, even if we only land one of them. Let's get another solid kid, like Robinson, at the gaurd spot and hope everyone returns next year too. There's always going to be talented kids for us to get year after year. By the way, Texas is putting together a very nice class. Looks like the stage is set for KU and Texas to continue to battle for the Big 12.

CBaller13 11 years, 5 months ago

Does anyone have any links to Robinson playing? I can't find any clips of him online.Nice signing, I'm pumped.

kvskubball 11 years, 5 months ago

BMK,If Orton signs early, probably to UK. If he waits we might have a shot at him if a schollie frees up. I would think that he is probably leaning toward UK, unless he realizes that we really could use another Center.I agree with Baha, we're a little on the lean side, great talent, but Frontcourt smallish, so I think we need one more Big ~ Orton would fill the bill.Then we get another player, either a PG, or one who can play the 2 and 3 and I think we're set, unless an additional schollie frees up, in which case we try to get one of each. If Orton selects UK, then we go for both from the get-go.Hey I'm not Coach, and I admit I'm only guessing, but I think Coach's attitude at this point is that with the number of schollies we have, we're going for the best combination of inside and outside help.If we get two bigs and one guard, fine,If we get one big and two guards, fine.With the interest that the players are professing, I think he is comfortable with his options.First come, first served. TRob's in the house, according to an earlier poster Coach has said we will have at least 2 more schollies. Who's got NEXT?C'mon X step up the mike and make yourself, and all of the Jayhawk family HAPPY! I'm sure dad will be tickled pink, even if bro' is a bit bummed!Rock the Chalk!

Mo Golany 11 years, 5 months ago

I'd rather have Lance with Robinson! That guy is sick and we have alot of east coast guys so he would fit right in!

kvskubball 11 years, 5 months ago

MichAve...It seems Texas is a step behind, but right on our heels. If you look at the recruits they've gotten, which have often been rated higher than ours, you wouldn't think that was the case, but look at the results, man. We're winning Big XII championships left and right and a NC. I attribute this mostly to the fact that 'WE ARE FAMILY, ALL MY....'(come on you can sing it with me) and our players have stayed home while Texas's steers have ambled, or maybe stampeded on to greener pastures, is more accurate!I'm not wishing anyone leaving, I like our players and the longer they stay the more likely we are to have continued massive success, but it seems to be the reality of big-time college ball.Somebody also please tell mbmerriman that KU is in the big time and we are having a ball! No black armbands here and now in KU basketball land, regardless of the Chicken Littles running around Wall Street right now! The sky isn't falling there either, but man they are hitting themselves over the head with a sledge hammaaa! That's ugly but we're basketball HAPPY here!

Baha 11 years, 5 months ago

Awesome choice T-Rob... Welcome to Lawrence and KU... I agree with several others, I believe Mr. Robinson will be in his new neighborhood for several years. This guy is a Bill Self type of player, Therefore I gladly accept his commitment over the high flying one and done who don't really give a sh*t about our school... I think we'll still get one more, Orton, Wall, X, or Cheeks...Ya never know, Coach my pull some stud out of left feild... Great recruit Coach, keep it up...ROCK CHALK....

HaiL2ThAjHaWkX 11 years, 5 months ago

orton plays center robinson plays forward i think

CBaller13 11 years, 5 months ago

btw - we need to now sign Xavier, Wall or Lance. We have no pure offensive threats after Sherron leaves unless Marcus becomes that guy. You give us X or Wall and for sure in 2009 or 2010 if one stays we are legitimate title contenders again. I think if we get Xavier we should try our hardest to sign Elijah Johnson and if we get Wall we should try our hardest to sign Snaer. Cheek is a back up plan at this time I think. Snaer is better than him and they are the same size and play the same position.

bryan123456789 11 years, 5 months ago

you guys that think we are going to get Robinson,Wall, X, and Lance are absolute idiots. We dont even have that many scholorships available for one, and why would those second 3 guys I listed all go to the same school when they all want to be one and done, and 2 of them play the same position??? We should be happy we got Robinson, unless Aldrich or Sherron leave, we are only going to have 1 more scholorship to give out, and with Robinson we are going to be pretty stacked at every position....These new guys we have this year are going to be a lot better than you people think. Dont base all your opinions on rivals.com/scout.com and think because Tyshawn Taylor/morris twins/Travis werent McDonalds All Americans that they arent any good, because they are going to very good. Self didnt recruit these guys because they were no good. With Robinson we need to start focusing on 2010 class when we will have some departures from our team and meaningful minutes open for a freshman to take.

Michael Auchard 11 years, 5 months ago

Rivethead... this is a basketball recruit, not a football recruit... wow.

kvskubball 11 years, 5 months ago

Jaybate,Getting all of those players would be either very, very good or very, very bad, depending on chemistry!If everyone stays, then I think two or three good recruits would be not too hot, and not too cold, but just right as Goldilocks would say to the three bears. (Hey,isn't a fairytale analogy spot on, with KU basketball living large, it's, well like we're living in Candyland only better!) If someone leaves, then obviously more is better, except when it aint, as first noted above.

Michael Mulvihill 11 years, 5 months ago

good thing about him is i dont see him bolting early

imnotpaulpierce 11 years, 5 months ago

Awesome! Congratulations and welcome to Jayhawk nation!

CBaller13 11 years, 5 months ago

Looks a little less athletic and shorter than DA but with a mean streak. Definately a better athlete than Darnell. I don't think he can play center -- not big enough. Very good sign though. If Hansbrah can dominate the boards in college basketball I'm sure Robinson can.

Chris Weaver 11 years, 5 months ago

nice.i like putting calipari in his place - which is - not national champion. that guy sells snake oil man.HCBS for president.

heavyd0512 11 years, 5 months ago

ShunngunnI thought he was lock to go to Memphis because it was an NBA city with NBA facilites....players live in huge houses.....u know nothing about Lawrence and KU so suck it!!

Jaydub 11 years, 5 months ago

Robinson is supposedly a hardnosed player. He likes to play D, rebound and he's not afraid to get on the floor. Plus he's athletic, strong and can hit mid range shots. He's a bruiser like D. Jackson, but he may be more talented (ranked in the top 20).

frompekka2sasha 11 years, 5 months ago

Everybody walk the dinosaur. Boom! Boom!#% Shak-a-lak-a-boom-boom.I freaking love when we get a new recruit...

bmkjayhawk 11 years, 5 months ago

Does anyone know anything about Snaer? Is he leaning one way or another? I'd heard he was likely to stay in California, but then I heard he's high on Missouri. Do we stand a chance? Anyone?

rockchalkjayhawk4ku11 11 years, 5 months ago

YESSSSSSSS!!!!!! very excited to see what he can bring to KU

bryan123456789 11 years, 5 months ago

wow I am actually really suprised, I thought memphis had maybe taken a late lead over us with him. He was the one out of all of our targets I felt we needed the most.

killabees 11 years, 5 months ago

Rock chalk! Welcome to KU Robinson, you're gonna love it here!

Rivethead 11 years, 5 months ago

Can this kid play DE?Because that's what we really need (in addition to some o-lineman).

ChicagoJHawk 11 years, 5 months ago

I think it's funny how so many of you seem to think that Self doesn't want these "one and done players", especially since they don't play team basketball, and that he goes for 3 star recruits that will stay here for 3/4 years.Self will absolutely take the next Michael Beasley/Kevin Durant type player in a heart beat, trust me! He's even said that himself. And yes, they will get the majority of the minutes and will "hog the ball" and take most of the shots, and guess what, Self is fine with that! In fact he wanted Darrell Arthur to be that guy last season but he wasn't as aggressive as Self wanted him to be, and he's a really unselfish player & chose to pass the ball.I think it's great that he got players like Russell Robinson and Darnell Jackson to develop & improve over the years but don't be fooled, Self WILL take a 5 star one and done player without hesitation. It's not my opinion, it's what Self has said before.

Jaydub 11 years, 5 months ago

CBaller,Not sure how he compares to DA athletically, but athleticism is listed as one of his biggest strengths on scout.com. Cheek's highlights show some ridiculous range. If he is our backup plan, we are sitting pretty.

railer1122 11 years, 5 months ago

What about Henry?? Wall and Henry need to be our 2 priorities. We have Aldrich, the Twins, Thomas, so we are set at big men. Get a point guard and a shooting guard.

bmkjayhawk 11 years, 5 months ago

Wall and Henry committing is not impossible. Improbable? Yeah, I'd say so. Impossible? No.I went to a speech last night, given by Bill Self, and he said there are three scholarships available. So now there will be two. I'll take his word for it.

Dyrk Dugan 11 years, 5 months ago

and so it begins.....let the rest of the dominoes (Henry, Wall, Stephenson..etc.) begin to fall.....welcome Thomas!

kvskubball 11 years, 5 months ago

The east coast pipeline continues to send the goodies to KU!!! Let's give some props to RusRob for getting us hooked back into the east. His success, (along with Self and Co. being great recruiters) helped raise the KU profile with east coasters.Welcome to the KU family Mr. Robinson! Now, it's a fine day in the neighborhood!Next! I hope family comes back to family, yes come on home X! KU wants you too!To Jaybate,Checkout UCLA's current recruiting class and UNC's two upcoming classes. They are pretty close to "Fab 5,4,3"! Hopefully KU can join them in the passing lane on the recruiting Autobahn!I too think it likely that we will have one, two, or more current players leave. That's why I felt that we needed to get another Big like Robinson and or Orton. I thought we were in better shape in the backcourt, with a lot of talented newbies. I think we also need another small forward type, so X is the player that I'm hoping we get. If X comes in, then anyone else would simply be the cherry on top of the sundae, after a superb steak and potatoes dinner! I hope everyone understands that I'm using food as a very positive metaphor! Yum, yum!I believe in Self's ability to close the deal, but recruits are often sooooo fickle and so many other good players have made verbals. I admit I was getting a little nervous. There really is a kind of domino effect in recruiting. Too often in the past it seems like we were always waiting and waiting. So it's very nice to get on the board!Rock the recruiting Coach!

jaybate 11 years, 5 months ago

kvskubball,You're straight about the Bruins. They're reputedly stacked, but I haven't actually studied their recruits closely.My hope, however, is that their recruits are overrated.Recruits to the majors on both coasts tend to get over-hyped once signed, Kevin Love being a notable exception to my generalization. UCLA's recruits have been signed for some time, so there's been time for the hype to snowball.But even if UCLA's class is what it is cracked up to be, I believe it would not be stretching to say that a KU class of Robinson, Henry, Wall, Cheek and Orton, would be the better set of recruits. We're talking a menu of future NBA starters and probably 2-3 future NBA All Stars. I do not believe even UCLA's class has those kind of chops.Still, as is usually the case, your point is locked on target.

kvskubball 11 years, 5 months ago

CBaller...That's a good guess, or as fihsch mentioned, it may be that Coach is willing to over-recruit as he said he was last year, knowing that someone could leave or give up a schollie for any number of reasons. I don't know that they 'should', but if someone is willing to give it up for the team, great! Though it won't probably be necessary unless we are fortunate enough to have 4 or more players commit, as Sheron or Cole, or at least one other player will likely develop enough to put their name in the draft.

Kevin Long 11 years, 5 months ago

Looks like were are reloading for another run! Sorry KU haters, were not going to be down for long! A nice shiny ring is always good to show recruits as well. :)

ccolby33 11 years, 5 months ago

We will have 2 more scholarships to offer the the class of 2009 if we have a chance at getting Wall with either X or Cheek on the wing no doubt in my mind.

Robin Smith 11 years, 5 months ago

nobody is complaining about robinson and in fact everyone is really stoked to have robinson on the team.we're bound to get 1-2 more players and have a great class no matter how you slice it; with Robinson we are already guaranteed a great class. any speculation beyond that is prognostication on top of speculation and so pretty meaningless.additionally nobody is down on our current class and we all believe they'll be terriffic.it's hard being a jayhawk fan ;)

jayhawkdandy 11 years, 5 months ago

Yes Yes Yes YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Ryan Sullivan 11 years, 5 months ago

BMK...All I know is that Snaer's stock has been rising and that he'll be here for late night. We're not going to be able to sign any of these players without a guaranteed scholarship, which we now only have one to give, I believe unless we yank one from someone else. Thomas is our big and I assume Orton will land at Kentucky. I would have been pleased with either guy. Now we go after a guard with the one scholarship. It comes down to:PG: Wall or JohnsonSG: Henry or Cheek or Stephenson or SnaerWe're gonna land one of this kids. They're all 5 star players so I'm not hung up on one particular guy. Just have to find the best fit. I trust Self to do that.

kltbadboyz 11 years, 5 months ago

I was hoping that when i opened this page i'd see breaking news about Robinson and it came true. Welcome to the Jayhawk family! Robinson sounds exactly like Shaq 2. Hopefully he's not done growing. Can't wait for next Friday on Late Night. I bet we get at least another committment with all those blue chippers coming in. Robinson made his visit with Wall. Maybe he'll decide he wants to be a Jayhawk next.

mbmerriman 11 years, 5 months ago

would everyone stop complaining about robinson, if we had henry, wall, and stephenson, we would be a team full of selfish one and done players. Robinson is a BEAST, he is the best rebounder in the class and completly team oriented, welcome to KU Thomas.

jaybate 11 years, 5 months ago

Ode: Intimations of Un-Merry-nessmbmerriman,what about the posts seems not very merry?i am feeling very merry, man.TR seems very good, very scary,At least a beast, very hairy, man.I see nary a post that's anti-merry.What makes you so very wary, man?Can't we quaff our prairie sherry?Shan't we dream of a Jayhawk aerie,As full of blue chips as an aviary, andOf getting, very, very, very scary,mbmerriman?--Percy Bysshe jaybatePoet in ResidenceFrazer HallThe University of KansasLawrence, KansasUSAEarthUniverseBeyond

Michael Auchard 11 years, 5 months ago

Sweet! Now we just need one of those awesome guards, I'd be okay with any of them.

Drew Bender 11 years, 5 months ago

Honestly, I could not complain about getting any of these recruits... Every single one of the 7 or 8 recruits we are after are all ranked in the top 20 of the 2009 class... TOP 20 folks... Not top 150, not top 100 not top 50... All in the top 20... None of these kids are lower than 7th for their respected positions... Gotta love it... Also keep an eye on the incoming high school freshman Perry Ellis from Wichita... He will be at Late Night as well

Joe Ross 11 years, 5 months ago

Robinson...You are on your way to receiving a lot of love from the University of Kansas. We make people feel special here. I can think of a long line of players who gave their all to this school, and if you ask any one of them theyll tell you they were showered with praise and adoration.You are now a part of the greatest tradition in basketball. Enjoy it, young man!

kvskubball 11 years, 5 months ago

jordan07n,Assuming that bmk is on the level (see way above), and last night Coach said we have three, I'm thinking that Coach has had discussions with players and knows something we aren't yet aware of.

kvskubball 11 years, 5 months ago

Jaybate, now you want to be Buzz Light Year too? What was that you used the other day, ROTF....Whatever it was, I'm doing it now!LOLYou hit the bell at the Carnie!!!!!!!mbmerriman: "Where's the beef, Clara???", when is the sky falling? Instead of wearing rose colored glasses, you have a black mood ring on or something? Come-on man, it really is ok to crack a smile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drew Bender 11 years, 5 months ago

truefan,I dont think he is attending Late Night

jordan07n 11 years, 5 months ago

what exactly is the status on that third scholarship?

KEITHMILES05 11 years, 5 months ago

Not one of you have even mentioned Elijah Johnson.If anybody will commit next it'll be him. Self has been in on him early and the kid is a huge KU lean.

Joel Hood 11 years, 5 months ago

"... Kansas has had so many great players in the past and I'm really excited to go to a school like that." Don't tell me that basketball history and tradition doesn't matter to at least some of the bluechips out there.

CBaller13 11 years, 5 months ago

DA is a little bigger and has springs. I'm not saying he's not athletic I just don't think he looks like the freak DA was. BUT, from what it sounds like Robinson has a motor and wants to rebound whereas I think DA's strength athletically was on the offensive end. Cheeks is very good I just think Wall, Henry and Snaer look like better prospects from what I've seen. If we end up with Robinson, Cheeks and someone else I will be very happy. Watch Snaer play, he is smooth and can also shoot real well. And obviously Wall is Wall, Henry is Henry and Lance is Lance. My dream scenario is for us to now get Xavier Henry and Elijah Johnson.That means our '09 starting 5 could be:Tyshawn Taylor or Elijah JohnsonTravis Releford or Tyshawn TaylorXavier HenryMarcus MorrisCole Aldrich (hypothetically) or Thomas Robinsonwith let's say: Thomas Robinson, Elijah Johnson, Mario Little and Markieff coming off the benchThat reminds me of this years KU team. Deep and talented and EXCELLENT on Defense with one lottery pick leading the show (Henry instead of BRush)

Drew Bender 11 years, 5 months ago

CBaller,On scout.com it says that Elijah Johnson's areas for improvement are true PG skills... But it does go on to say "He's an extremely athletically gifted player. Also a tough kid to put a position on. He's cut from the mold of a Mario Chalmers hybrid point guard. Leaps out of the gym and he's good for at least one momentum changing dunk a game. Can also be a strong defender. When it gets crunchtime he turns himself in the primary ballhandler."

Timmay97 11 years, 5 months ago

How did KU fare last time we had a "Robinson" on our team? Can you say NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP 2009!!! (I will always love Russell Robinson, our leader).Someone made the comment above about Robinson being a hard nosed player and at least a three year player. I couldn't agree more. As great as it would be to get Wall or Henry (and believe me, it would be fantastic) you know Robinson is NOT a one and done player. Welcome to the Jayhawks Mr. Robinson. Hopefully, we see Darnell Jackson written all over.

CBaller13 11 years, 5 months ago

I have - and Elijah Johnson is a true pg - what we really need in this class. I don't see Sherron around in 2009 therefore all we have as a true pg is Tyshawn Taylor and Tyron Appleton who will only have one year left. I think it's necessary that we sign Wall, Appleton, or maybe Snaer or Cheek if either of them can truly run the point. Also, if Johnson signs we are good in the backcourt to go because we have him, Taylor, and Woolridge in the backcourt for the future.

CBaller13 11 years, 5 months ago

I'm just saying Cheek is 6'5 and a shooter who had Tyshawn Taylor running point for his HS team and Snaer is also big for a pg at 6'4 185 and rates out as a SG. I've also seen some clips of Johnson and the kid has handle and can pass. But yes he is very athletic and almost showboatish meaning he might be a combo guard. KU is going to miss Sherron if he leaves this year.

Lance Hobson 11 years, 5 months ago

And he didn't even go to Late Night! This is great news, let's carry it through the entire weekend!

jchief40 11 years, 5 months ago

Just my two cents...I am guessing (especially if Xavier Henry goes to Memphis) the Jayhawks end up with a SG in Dominic Cheek and PG Elijah Johnson. This would be awesome. I just knew Robinson would sign as well! p.s. I know you all will hate me but I think John Wall has some character issues that many already know about (UNC and Duke passed on him for a reason). http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recruiting/tracker/player?recruitId=52032&season=2009&action=upsell&appRedirect=http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recruiting/tracker/player%3frecruitId%3d52032%26season%3d2009http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recruiting/tracker/player?recruitId=43431&action=upsell&appRedirect=http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recruiting/tracker/player%3frecruitId%3d43431I am really excited about Tyshawn Taylor as well - he is going to be really really really good ;)

railer1122 11 years, 5 months ago

YES!!! Hopefully that brings in the other big namers

areyouserious 11 years, 5 months ago

just goes to show that HISTORY and TRADITION still mean something..................this kid wants to win in a classy way.............no riff-raff.....welcome Thomas, we excitedly await your arrival.....dont forget to bring Wall, X, and Lance with you!!!

HaiL2ThAjHaWkX 11 years, 5 months ago

Hell Yea. Great news for the hawks. Now we just need wall and cheek

CBaller13 11 years, 5 months ago

Or it could be that Brady Morningstar is willing to give up his scholarship for the good of the team. Or one of the other players who won't get any PT is willing to do this -- because they should.

kvskubball 11 years, 5 months ago

Yahweh,I think Rivethead was doing a cross-over dribble. Since Robinson is so big and we DO need some help at DE.

KUFan90 11 years, 5 months ago

This made my day/week/month! Awesome get...

chicagoeddie 11 years, 5 months ago

holla!!! welcome to ku and join us as we win many more championships! rock chalk!

Baha 11 years, 5 months ago

Robinson is not a center, Orton is 6'9 but 260... We need some size to back up Cole... We seem to have a lot of guy's in the 6'8, 6'9 window... MM, MM Q, T-Rob, We need to find some depth at the 5... Any big's out there for coach to grab for this class or next years group?man, could you imagime this depth;pg) Collins - Appleton, ( Wall )sg) Releford - Taylor - Reedsf) Little - Morris, ( X, or Cheeks, )pf) Morris - Robinsonc) Aldrich - QT ( Orton )NICE....

kvskubball 11 years, 5 months ago

WeAre...Let's not do that please. I've seen, and heard, and read that kind of moronic attitude from schools like Kentucky and Florida, etc.KU or University of Kansas, how much of a difference is it really? Let's not get in a semantic snit!

JayhawkPhil 11 years, 5 months ago

Robinson is not the highest rated of the recruits Bill Self was after but he was the one I was most hoping he would sign. I have never actually seen the kid play but everything I have read about him in the recruiting magazines say he is the kind of guy we want in our program. I can't say the same thing for Orton although I have seen him play and he is very talented.

Drew Bender 11 years, 5 months ago

I guess he wouldn't really be an "incoming freshman" since school has started... My mistake

bmkjayhawk 11 years, 5 months ago

Okay, I'm happy about this, so don't take this question the wrong way: I will assume that this sends Daniel Orton to Kentucky?

jaybate 11 years, 5 months ago

Quick, bartender, a double White for the Dude!!!What the hey, double Whites for his pals!Walter SobchakMaude LebowskiTheodore Donald 'Donny' KerabatsosBrandtBunny LebowskiWoo, Treehorn ThugBlond Treehorn ThugNihilist #1, Uli Kunkel / 'Karl Hungus'Nihilist #2, KiefferNihilist #3, FranzSmokeyMartyand last but not least...Jesus Quintana.And best regardsto Joel and Ethan

Marcia Parsons 11 years, 5 months ago

Check the Hawklin post 16 or so above yours.

Andy Hess 11 years, 5 months ago

BOO YA!!Rock Chalk, Thomas! Welcome to the family!

truefan 11 years, 5 months ago

I'm already making his sign for Late Night.

BigTamale 11 years, 5 months ago

I hope this is the start of many great things to come!

WeAreTheChamps 11 years, 5 months ago

This is great and I love how people can just come to our campus and fall in love with it like he did. Can't wait to see what he's made of next year! But despite the good news, it bothers the hell outta me when you call us Kansas University. We're The University of Kansas dammit!

jaybate 11 years, 5 months ago

I'm telling you: a super class can still happen in college basketball--a Fab 5, a Fab 4, a Fab 3--something like Robinson, Henry, Wall, Cheek and Orton.I know we don't seem to have the scholies yet. We've only got two for sure. But what if the Morris twins are as good as some have said? What if Sherron just plays up to his abilities and stays healthy? What if Cole dominates? With the NBA drafting younger and younger, KU could easily have five rides to give. A Fab Five hasn't been done yet in the one-and-done era. And whatever hasn't happened yet always will happen.Coach Self said down the stretch of the Memphis game, "Ya gotta believe. Don't stop believing."Coach Self believes this Super Class can happen. You can see it in who he is recruitng, even with limited scholies.He's swinging for the fences.I believe he's going to jack one all the way out onto Brooklyn Avenue.My pop is smilin' in heaven right now.He always believed KU could do it some day.And he believed in hiring Bill Self, when I didn't.BBQ's on me, pop.

jchief40 11 years, 5 months ago

...then again Wall and Cheek would be awesome - forget character issues. T-Rob Welcome ! Was hoping you'd make it official. ROCK CHALK !!

Dan Harris 11 years, 5 months ago

SWEEEEEETTTT!!!!! Welcome to KU Mr Robinson. I think you may become our next glue guy similar to what DJ was for us. Now all we need is 2 of the following and another title is ours in 2-3 years( Wall, X,Johnson,Orton Cheek,or Stephenson) Jaybate I can usually follow along but you've completely lost me dude!

kvskubball 11 years, 5 months ago

Someone earlier was joking that TRob might play DE. Now Richard Scott could have done that! When he moved with the ball, it seemed like other players were bowling pins falling down! Yes, RS was someone who could trade chop for chop! Like a bull/beast to the basket that was his game. Not dirty, just hard!Where ever he is, I hope he is doing well!

kvskubball 11 years, 5 months ago

vmw...I think that is the best fit for KU this recruiting class! And wow what a super three that would be, TR, X, and Orton! That would be hot-tamale HOT to go along with our current players!

frompekka2sasha 11 years, 5 months ago

Let's hope this guy is the next Richard Scott.

JJHAWK 11 years, 5 months ago

Like the sentiment fp2s, but I hope he shoots the rock better than Richard Scott used to.

100 11 years, 5 months ago

bryan123456789, you are misinformed on how many scholarships we have available for next year. There's no telling what Wall and Henry will decide, but one thing is for sure: there are two spots available, with a possibility of another after a month of the season passes. Both are attending late night, and not without reason. I know you like Memphis, but it's still up in the air. However don't be surprised if Wall and Henry join Robinson --back to back top 2 recruiting classes with Self coaching. That's a pretty good chance of picking up a ring before bolting for the NBA.

kvskubball 11 years, 5 months ago

heavyd...The Memphis lurks have been glaringly quiet today. Pray tell, why could that be? :)

Drew Bender 11 years, 5 months ago

100,Im pretty sure that Wall is not coming to Late Night... He already took his official to KU... Unless he is coming on an unofficial which I have heard nothing about

mbmerriman 11 years, 5 months ago

jaybate, im sorry im just happy we got robinson, i was just pointing to the fact that everyone wanted wall, henry, and stephenson, thats all i ever saw on the massage boards, i am very happy to get TR and i love the ryhmes lol

kvskubball 11 years, 5 months ago

Just posted by Parrish at CBSSports...Orton has verballed to Kentucky.