Saturday, August 30, 2008

KU basketball defeats Carleton, 84-83

The Kansas University men's basketball team beat Carleton, 84-83, on Saturday in Ottawa, Ontario.

Travis Releford had 25 points, Cole Aldrich pitched in 16, and Sherron Collins scored 10.

Carleton actually had a chance to win the game at the buzzer, but the deep two-pointer misfired and the Jayhawks prevailed.

Kansas rallied from a first-half deficit to take a 45-44 halftime lead.

At the half, Travis Releford has 15 points, while Cole Aldrich had 14.

Brady Morningstar hit a jumper with 1 second left in the half to give KU its one-point edge.

Comments

Michael Auchard 13 years, 3 months ago

Wish I could have seen this game. Good to hear Brady drilled it when we needed it. Hopefully he'll get some mins this year. L-town, what?

jfos4 13 years, 3 months ago

I watched a lot of this game on line and Carlton was pretty good, they stayed in it and nearly won because of their 3 pt shooting. We didn't defend it very well (again!), not getting through screens, etc. But hey, what do you want for a week of practice with a whole new team and no offensive practice! I'll take the awesome experience...too bad the twins aren't there to learn and bond with the team. IF, we don't have them this year, we are REALLY thin at the 4/5. Hope they're on top of it when they say they expect them to get cleared, then, I hope they stay elegible! Releford looks sweet slashing to the hole with some acrobatic shots and Sherron looked solid at the point. Cole...beast! What a great day for KU. I couldn't be at either game, but I watched the stream of men's basketball on line and listened to football on line! Awesome!!! ROCK CHALK!!!

McHawk 13 years, 3 months ago

Why in the world during the football game tonight didn't Bob Davis announce the basketball score? It seems unreasonable to me that he didn't.

KGphoto 13 years, 3 months ago

Long ways from meaningful basketball scores people (McHawk) No need to have an aneurism over practice. You should have a McHappy Meal and enjoy some football. It's only August.

OutlawJHawk 13 years, 3 months ago

Gotta love winners. It seems like it was not a pretty game...but we found a way to win!!!Releford, 25 points...awesome!Rock Chalk Jayhawk...

rockchalkAZ 13 years, 3 months ago

WOW. nice to get a close win under the belt early. i like seeing a new guy releford putting some good points up, and it's good to see collins get some good minutes. good stuff

KGphoto 13 years, 3 months ago

Holy crap Jesse! I'm imagining a "Captain Kirk" command center with you spinning around in a KU, foldable lawn seat. "Captains log... football team scores 30... Bball 45... in a... half... of... play"!I'm in Denver. How can I get one of your spinning chairs?

Mr_Sandman 13 years, 3 months ago

Not sure whether these first two games should be concerning or not. Obviously no twins and Collins is not in good shape, but close wins against Candian U's.....may not be a great sign.

OutlawJHawk 13 years, 3 months ago

It would be nice if the KU athletic department and/or the LJW would list where all games can be viewed or heard for free or even for a cost via the web or any other medium. I would have had the b-ball game on had I known there was a live feed via Canada. I guess if it is not on Sunflower's cable TV network, The World Company won't do the work to find live feeds. Probably both entities are not concerned about the fan's needs to view or hear their Hawks, unless of course there is some money in it for them.Jos4-Is the game tonight going to have a live feed?