Back to 2008 NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament coverage

2008 NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament

Monday, April 7, 2008

All the marbles

KU, Memphis tangle for title

Kansas forward Darnell Jackson, left, peers down the table as he and his teammates sit for questions during an afternoon of interviews. The Jayhawks met the press Sunday, eve of tonight's NCAA national title game against Memphis at the Alamodome in San Antonio.

Videos

2008 NCAA Tournament

video thumbnail

Full video coverage of the Kansas Jayhawks in the 2008 NCAA Tournament

Feature

2008 NCAA Tournament

Get your March Madness fix at KUSports.com.

Bill Self was in the building the last time Kansas University won a national basketball championship.

"My seats were really bad. They were up at the top," Self, KU's fifth-year coach, said with a grin.

The 25-year-old Oklahoma State assistant cheered from the nosebleed section of Kemper Arena on April 4, 1988 - the day Larry Brown's Jayhawks clipped Oklahoma, 83-79, for the school's first national title since 1952.

Now 45, Self tonight will have the best seat in the house - next to '88 MVP and current KU assistant Danny Manning, while Brown will be in the Alamodome stands - as the Jayhawks try to claim KU's fifth title in school history.

Tipoff for the 2008 championship game between KU (36-3) and Memphis (38-1) is 8:21 p.m., with a live telecast on CBS (Sunflower Broadband channels 5, 13 and 201).

"There is a yearning for it," Self said of a title that doesn't figure to come easily.

Memphis, like KU, has won 12 straight games, its only blemish a 66-62 loss to rival Tennessee on Feb. 23.

Former KU assistant John Calipari's Tigers have had just one close call in five NCAA Tournament victories - a 77-74 decision over Mississippi State in Round Two.

Memphis followed that with a 92-74 Sweet 16 pasting of Michigan State, a game in which the Tigers, led by Derrick Rose and Chris Douglas-Roberts, led, 50-20, at halftime.

"I've coached against Tom's teams in the Big 10. You just don't do that to Michigan State, especially when Michigan State had a week to prepare," former Illinois coach Self said of Michigan State's Tom Izzo.

"That's as impressive a half of basketball that has been played, period."

Of course, the Tigers, who also beat Texas-Arlington by 24, Texas by 18 and UCLA by 15 in the NCAAs, could say the same about KU's first half of Saturday's 84-66 national semifinal victory over North Carolina.

The Jayhawks led UNC, 40-12, en route to a 17-point halftime advantage.

"I was very impressed with them," 6-foot-7 junior Douglas-Roberts said of the Jayhawks. "I've seen them play throughout the year. They are similar to us. It's going to be a great game because it's so evenly matched."

There are some delicious matchups for fans to savor tonight.

KU's Brandon Rush, who had 25 points versus Carolina, figures to open on Douglas-Roberts, who averages 18.0 points and 4.2 rebounds a game and scored 28 in a 78-63 semifinal victory over UCLA.

"He creates havoc in the lane. He has kind of an awkward game. You don't know how to guard him," Rush said of Douglas-Roberts, who also had 25 against Texas and 25 versus Michigan State, emerging as one of the top players in the entire tournament. "Memphis has two guys who make trouble with what they do on the court."

The Tigers' second scoring threat is 6-3 freshman point guard Rose, who enters with averages of 14.8 points and 4.6 assists per game.

Rose, who is expected to be a top-five pick in the 2008 NBA Draft, scored 25 versus UCLA, 21 against Texas and 27 versus Michigan State.

"What goes through my mind is how we don't get a break. We faced Lawson (Ty, North Carolina), Curry (Stephon, Davidson), Scottie Reynolds (Villanova), and now we get Rose in the championship game," said KU senior Russell Robinson, who figures to open defensively on Rose, with Mario Chalmers and maybe even 5-11 Sherron Collins, despite a height mismatch, ready to lend a hand.

"I'll probably get him first; I'll probably get him last," Robinson said with a laugh, referring to the assignment. "I look forward to the challenge. I've seen him play all year. He's explosive, has size. It'll be tough. We have to make him work for everything.

"He can shoot, drive it, he's fast and has height. I've played against O.J. (Mayo, USC), Bayless (Jerryd, Arizona), D.J. (Augustin, Texas). He's probably the most complete of all those guys."

Of course, Robinson is known for his in-your-face defense.

Of course, no team with one loss is solely a two-man team.

Memphis also has rugged rebounders in 6-9 bookends Joey Dorsey (9.7 rpg, 6.9 ppg) and Robert Dozier (6.7 rpg, 9.1 ppg) and an athletic fifth starter in 6-6 guard Antonio Anderson (8.5 ppg).

Shawn Taggert, 6-10, 230, brings some size off the bench, contributing 6.0 points and 4.2 boards a game.

"Memphis is good," Robinson said, "very good. But we're confident as well when you figure all the kinds of ways we've won lately - up and down, slow-paced. What we need to do is play with energy and continue to come out and have fun like we did against Carolina."

Self hopes his team can duplicate or even surpass the effort shown versus UNC.

If KU can score one more point than the Tigers, Self would be join the fraternity of coaches with national title rings.

Calipari on the other side also is trying for his first NCAA title.

"I don't think John or myself will become a better coach, get a lot smarter between 8 and 10 p.m.," Self said. "But people perceive it that way. At least I think the public perceives it that way. In the profession, I think if you watch a team over time and it plays unselfish, hard, likes each other, plays smart, executes, that's how coaches are judged within our profession.

"But certainly the flavor of the month or whatever that fans like or media likes is the guy that's standing at the end. I don't think just because you are the last one standing makes you a lot smarter, probably pretty lucky."

He hopes he's as fortunate as Brown and Manning were in '88. Self would like nothing better than to bring a title trophy back to Lawrence.

"It's been a remarkable week. It's been the best week of my professional career. I'd like for it to become even a better nine days if we play really well tomorrow," Self said. "Most important to me is those players. I will tell you we have a group of guys I feel connected to in a big way. They've worked hard to get to this point, and I'm sure will bring it again tomorrow. I'm proud of those guys."

Comments

Dyrk Dugan 12 years, 11 months ago

Yes, all the talk is about Memphis, their "dream team" and Derrick Rose and CDR and all of that.I think this KU team is the perfect kryptonite to another Superman....and I expect the Jayhawks to play well.Good luck KU and go get 'em! Rockin and Chalkin in San Antonio!!!!

jayhawkinATL 12 years, 11 months ago

I relish the UNDERDOG role once again. Let the national "experts" keep blowing smoke up CDR's and Rose's a$$e$.

KU 12 years, 11 months ago

I wouldn't mind CDR and Rose getting 22 apiece if we could contain the rest of their team to 20.Somehow this Memphis team has been built up into a world champion by the media. They've had some close calls against very mediocre competition in CUSA and Tennessee beat them on Memphis' home floor while holding Memphis in the 60s. And Tennessee isn't exactly a defensive juggernaut.Yes, they have very, very good players with great length and athleticism. But they aren't unbeatable. And I'm sick and tired of hearing them praise themselves and saying how hard they are to beat, blah, blah, blah........I think they're exhibiting one of Calipari's trademarks: they're cocky and overconfident. Pride goes before the fall.Rock Chalk.

NH_JHawk 12 years, 11 months ago

The mother of all games goes down tonight. Let's get it on! Take it to these kitties and bring home the Title!ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK!

craigers 12 years, 11 months ago

Bring it on tonight Hawks!!!! This team is so knit together. They like each other and are ready to play. I can't wait to see Sherron and other guards go right past Rose, just like Lawson! Tonight is the night at that KU gets their 3rd!!!!

lance1jhawk 12 years, 11 months ago

Again-As it seemed to work the first timeLets all just say a little prayer...Our Father, who art in Lawrence,Hallowed be thy game.Thy tourney come,Thy championship will be done,in San Antonio as it is in Allen Fildhouse.Give us this day our deserved victories.And forgive us our turnovers,As we forgive Roy who double-crossed against us.And lead us not into defeat,But deliver us from East Coast bias,For KANSAS is the basketball kingdom,And the tradition,And the glory,For ever and ever.Amen!I figure alittle prayer couldn't hurt before this one too!Rock Chalk JayhawkGo KU!!!To a Third National Title

Andy Hess 12 years, 11 months ago

i'll be happy with the season no matter how this game goes.that being said...WIN THIS M'FKER! ROCK CHALK!

cincyHawk79 12 years, 11 months ago

Totally agree...win or lose I am very proud of these guys and our "dream team" is better than their "dream team."Go Hawks!

jayhawkinATL 12 years, 11 months ago

DJ needs a breakout game tonight...he's LOOOOOONG overdue in this tourney.

fansincewilt 12 years, 11 months ago

Robinson v. Rose - Robinson with a lot on the line and Rose with little on the line. I'm going with Robinson on this one.

BCRavenJHawkfan 12 years, 11 months ago

All I ask in this one is be competitive and refs stay out of the way. All else should take care of itself.

TtownHawk 12 years, 11 months ago

Good luck Hawks! one more, lets get it done!

bmkjayhawk 12 years, 11 months ago

KU-I am entirely with you. I cannot believe how sure of themselves they all are, and it stems from their coach. They are a very good team (don't get me wrong, they didn't make it this far accidentally), but they are not unbeatable.

KUglow 12 years, 11 months ago

I think a time like this calls for a quote from Bill Murray in Meatballs (1979)...And even if we win, if we win, HAH! Even if we win! Even if we play so far above our heads that our noses bleed for a week to ten days; even if God in Heaven above comes down and points his hand at our side of the field; even if every man woman and child held hands together and prayed for us to win, it just wouldn't matter because all the really good looking girls would still go out with the guys from Mohawk because they've got all the money! It just doesn't matter if we win or we lose. IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER! IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER! IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER... Rock Chalk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kevin Long 12 years, 11 months ago

That Memphis against the world stuff is getting really old. We will show them defense like they have never seen! I hope Bill lets the players know that all the press is doubting them. Let's kick the hell out of them!Times like these call for a good Tombstone quote. "Poor souls, they were just to high strung!"

DCSven 12 years, 11 months ago

KU's TEAM prevails again over another star player or two and Kansas brings home the title from the Allen-Mo-Dome to hang the banner in Phog Allen, no place like home. Play loose, have fun, make this the career game of everyone's life. Thanks Coach Self for knowing Kansas "is a destination" and building your tradition from your very first recruits, and to Rodrick, Darnell, Sasha and Jeremy for great Kansas careers. The dynasty begins tonight!

KU 12 years, 11 months ago

Oh, but it DOES matter.Tenacious rebounding.....it matters.Help defense......it matters.Preventing penetration.......it matters.A coach with integrity.....it matters.Humility.......it matters.I think our defense will be the difference in the game if we can just shoot the ball decently.

babyjayhawkfan 12 years, 11 months ago

Butterflies have officially set in!!! Rock Chalk!!!! You guys deserve it!

Bob Houk 12 years, 11 months ago

Go JAYHAWKS we know you can do it one more time. Play this whole game tonite like you did the 1st half against UNC and we go home with #3. You know what they say, third time is charm.Besides, we have the best coach out there and our good luck charm, assistant coach Danny Manning. Everyone will shine tonite, make us proud!!!!1988/2008. Twenty years is long enough to wait for this fantastic voyage we are on! Rock Chalk Jayhawk KKKK UUUUUU!

hardwick15 12 years, 11 months ago

Jonathan Andrews 12 years, 11 months ago

""It's my last go-around, my last chance to show I can play with the elite of the elite," said Robinson, who also would like to play professionally for a living. "It's the last game of my career. Here I am. It's the game I'll show my kids the rest of my life.""I can hear Frank Sinatra's "My Way" playing in the background on that comment. Go and make history, Russell. New York, New York!

Michael Leiker 12 years, 11 months ago

The bigs will be big tonight. Protect the lane, use some fouls, hit them hard and put them on the ground. That underhanded scoop shot layup crap doesn't work against this KS team. Put the on the free throw line. Take care of the ball. Hawks 83 - Memphis 79

Martin Rosenblum 12 years, 11 months ago

Perspective on the Memphis team:Let's not forget that the Morris twins had committed to the U of M and decided to choose KU instead. Hmmm..is it possible that they saw something at or in Memphis that didn't seem quite right? Maybe the ongoing legal and criminal situations with several of the Tiger players caused the Morris twins to have a change of heart. At least at KU when players beat up their girlfriends, etc. they aren't allowed to stay on the team. Several of the current Tiger players have been implicated in numerous late night type brawls as well as domestic issues. Is that where their "swagger" comes from? One player that won't be showing his swagger is Andre Allen who tested positive in an NCAA random drug test during the Elite Eight. He's now off the team (probably only due to the NCAA being involved. Maybe coach Cal likes the 'G' thang! Rock Chalk Jayhawk ! ! ! ! A Jayhawk in Tigerland

KUbsee69 12 years, 11 months ago

Another Tombstone quote ... to "Cal""Johnny, you're going to see me once too often"Rock Chalk!Twist the Tiger's Tail !!!

Retired_Caveman 12 years, 11 months ago

"At least at KU when players beat up their girlfriends, etc. they aren't allowed to stay on the team." And what about Brandon Rush run in with the law in Kansas and in Missouri and is still on the team.GO ANY TEAM AGAINST KU!!!!!!!!

Robin Smith 12 years, 11 months ago

tonight would make KU's third NCAA Title, but it would be the fifth National Championship. Get it straight fans.

Martin Rosenblum 12 years, 11 months ago

I remember B Rush only having issues with a drivers license and a missed court date. That's different from assault and battery. Just saw where Rose missed a press conference because he had "stomach problems" from eating too many gummi-bears and other junk food. Could that be low blood sugar or maybe the "munchies"? Maybe he should be tested too.

tis4tim 12 years, 11 months ago

Let's bring home a title, boys! Rock Chalk!

tis4tim 12 years, 11 months ago

Oh, yeah...to gamedayreview:Quit posting your freaking spam all over this board (and KC Star's too). This ain't a freaking garage sale.

jayhawk02 12 years, 11 months ago

What are the odds that Coach Self throws a little zone at Memphis to slow down Rose? I know he hates zone, but I thought it might not only slow them down a little, but can also allow our boys a chance to rest a little.

KU 12 years, 11 months ago

You don't rest playing defense, whether it's zone or man. If you rest, you lose regardless of the type of defense you play.

doctorWho 12 years, 11 months ago

History doesn't mean squat. If it did UNC would have kicked us in the head and taken home another championship.The only way to bring home a championship is to win this damn game.Now let's get it done Hawks!

jahawkdave 12 years, 11 months ago

Let's come out and hit'em right between the eyes like we did to UNC, then let's keep hitting them for the full 40 minutes don't let them up or back in it. Teams like Memphis don't know what to do when you start pounding them. And hopefully we can limit our turnovers, I don't think we can get away with having 15+ TO's in a game like this. Play aggressive but play smart.Rock Chalk!

craigers 12 years, 11 months ago

Nobody is giving us a chance here. Come on Hawks and prove the media wrong again!!!!

RockChalk83Grad 12 years, 11 months ago

Anyone know the Hawks' airport arrival time tomorrow?

susyajhawk 12 years, 11 months ago

Can we all just suggest removal for game day review.There is a time and a place for everything, but not his junk.Rock ChalkAnother National Title! (knock on wood)

FortWorthJayhawk 12 years, 11 months ago

I think the Jayhawks relish being underdogs as well. They always seem to play with more confidence and poise in those rare situations. I hope they play that way tonight as well.ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK!!!

lance1jhawk 12 years, 11 months ago

I have that same feeling in my stomach that I had before the Carolina game...Hope we get the same results.Rock Chalk JayhawkGo KU!

cscher 12 years, 11 months ago

Anyone know what Vegas is saying?Come on, Hawks!!! Let's do this!!!ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK!!!!!!

bashe24 12 years, 11 months ago

All tournament i was worried about one game and that was Georgetown....thanks to Davidson.....sorry to Ben's Big brother about Saturday night and sorry to the arrogance that spews from memphis and their coach........Its hard to stand in front of destiny.....but russel robinson and mario chalmers aren't collison.......its about the experience.....this is the biggest stage.....and Kansas plays on the big stage all year.....not against little Tulane .......Good Season Memphis but some things are meant to beROCK CHALK TITLE TALK 08

OmahaKUAlum 12 years, 11 months ago

"...to Rodrick, Darnell, Sasha and Jeremy for great Kansas careers"Aren't you forgetting arguably the most important of the seniors? Someone named Russell? :)I agree that Memphis is pretty cocky, and our guys play soooo much better when they are loose and in the underdog role. It'll be a great game...I can't wait!Rock Chalk Jayhawk!!!

chiphawk 12 years, 11 months ago

As a proud Jayhawk (class of '74) who lives in the belly of the ACC beast (well, close to it in Richmond, Va.), I'd just like to say that win or lose tonight, the 2008 team led by Bill Self has made every KU grad and friend proud. His pre-game speech Sat. night before the UNC game was nothing short of masterful (perhaps a psych student could use for a thesis topic) in the way it both invited the players to relax and "have fun," but also gave them the old Vince Lombardi talk about this being their moment to shine. Shine they did, and the entire Sunflower State, as well as East Coast friends like me, have been able to bask in the glow. KU 65 Memphis 60.

KU 12 years, 11 months ago

As the headline suggests, this game is for "All The Marbles".But what I want to know is which team has the balls?

truehawkfan 12 years, 11 months ago

I already think I am going to throw up. All the fans are behind you guys. No matter what, play loose, play intense and enjoy this moment. If you want, here is a pretty cool link to some good KU music. I don't know if it will work, but click and try. Let me know.http://www.kansascity.com/static/audio/LuvThatCrimsonBlue_2008_BicMedia.mp3

86finalfour 12 years, 11 months ago

Bill Self finally has his signature win!! And i'm not going to ever say anything about it again. Well done coach. I'm glad you're guiding our team!Go Hawks!!!Good luck tonight!!!

actorman 12 years, 11 months ago

"The last one was for all the people that were pist about Roy leaving. That dog has been put to rest.This one is for Bill Self finally getting the credit he deserves and for 20 years of frustration and heartache in Jayhawk Nation. Lets get em boys."There is only one word that's appropriate for that posting: Poetry. Absolutely beautiful and sums things up perfectly. (Okay there's more than one word, lol.)As for gamedayreview, the guy has got chutzpah, you have to give him credit for that. It takes a lot of nerve to post multiple times on each thread and pretend to be a big KU fan while people are trying to shoo him away. Susy, I'm with you all the way, let's get this idiot spammer off the board. There's surely no place for that among the true fans.I can't stand the wait! Just over 5 hours 'til game time! THIS IS THE YEAR!

actorman 12 years, 11 months ago

BTW, since for a while now we've been comparing this year to '88, here's yet another one: the Memphis team, with its thugs and braggadocio, is starting to resemble more and more the Billy Tubbs OU team. Here's to putting one more loud-mouthed bully in its place.

soapboxstew 12 years, 11 months ago

The Good guys vs The Bad guys. The blue bloods (Kentucky, UNC, UCLA, Duke, and so on...) will be rooting for us tonight. Why?, because Memphis is exactly what we don't want out of college basketball.No graduation for them to our 5 (2 B12 Academic AA's). Not to mention that our players (many of them) have real degrees as opposed to basket-weaving or criminal understanding & ethics. They fight with fans (see UAB @ UAB). They talk sh;t on players that are down (See Dorsey on Love after Memphis had put the game away). They have the epitome of 1 and done in Rose, a player that would be in the NBA without the 19 year old rule. He doesn't care about college or Memphis.You have a used car salesman in Calipari to our pastor in Bill Self. It's like the Pin playing the U of Penn. Thugs v students. Rush had the only run-in with the law and that was over parking tickets. Rose is the only one on that team that hasn't been in serious trouble with the law. They can't even keep their walk-ons clean.But the Gods stay out of the 'championship' fights. Therefore they cannot favor us. The good guys don't always beat the bad guys in real life.If Zeus could have any say, you know that he would favor us.

smitty33 12 years, 11 months ago

Love how Calapari calls his team the "Dream Team"What's the Over/Under on how many current NCAA violations Calipari has in recruiting/keeping these thugs on the court?We've beaten Beasley twice and kicked Hansbarough's a$$. Do you think we'll be afraid of Rose? I love how he's the new Player of the Year. Tips: Take 2 charges on Rose. Wear him out. Let Rush shut down CDM. Rebound. Play anything like we did against UNC and we'll bring home the trophy!!!

JayCeph 12 years, 11 months ago

This Memphis team resembles similar facets of this Kansas team and there is a lot to like about both of them. However, if you boil it all away, this is a one game season, a one game tournament. There is no reason that KU shouldn't go out onto the floor tonight and just push as hard as they can for a full 40 minutes. There is nothing to save yourself for. It all rolls up into tonight.On the 20 year anniversary of their last championship, KU should want this thing more than any other team out there. For bragging rights, for pride, for posterity... for destiny. If they play with all that they are capable of putting together, KU should win this thing.No slight to Memphis. They are a solid team (VERY SOLID... only one loss all season) and they handled their competition on the way to tonight's stage with remarkable poise.However, player to player, stat to stat, KU has just enough firepower and defensive strength to give them the edge in what promises to be a very tightly contested chess match of two perfectly balanced teams.

Proud2bnOkiefromKansas 12 years, 11 months ago

Has anybody heard any more about D. Rose's stomach problems? I heard something about him not being able to attend media events because of it. They said it wasn't the flu but he was nerve-racked. Thanks for any info in advance. GO KU!!!

truehawkfan 12 years, 11 months ago

God Bless you lance1. I made my high school class repeat the prayer with me today!! Who says you can't pray in school. ( I bet i get fired now!!!) Here kitty kitty kitty. GO HAWKS. I hate frickin waiting. Gal durn butterflies in my stomach are flying up my throat.BTW lance1, if I do get fired, can you get me a job??

JayCeph 12 years, 11 months ago

It'd be nice if they edited their content:http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2008/apr/07/tonights-bet-kansas-steaks-vs-rendezvous-ribs/"...will dig into a big Kansas steaks..." singular vs. plural, really?and this gem:"A side of Jayhawk will be especially tasty with a nice Kansas streak..." I think they mean 'steak' but if you are going to be bold and somewhat arrogant in your stance, try not to miscommunicate your message.For all I know, they actually do mean 'streak' and that might suggest a winning one... for KU (13 in a row?)!Fanciful fluff but do some editing. Sheesh~

landon_2003 12 years, 11 months ago

great....now we have this whole scenario again with making it to the championship game and our coach is torn between schools and alot of money. lew...do whatever you have to do to keep bill here. dont let him leave.

jhawker137 12 years, 11 months ago

Shame on Oklahoma State, they should be kicked out of the Big 12. WHY? Two reasons:1: This is Kansas chance to bring home a National Championship.2: This is a chance for the Big 12 to win its first National Championship.Shame on Oklahoma State, its staff, and Basketball Program. You would expect this from another conferences program, but not a Big 12 program.Coach Sutton was turning that team around, they are called rebuilding years, we all have to fight and stick with our team and coaches through them.

Rockonku 12 years, 11 months ago

Yahoo sports report that Rose was having stomach problems Sunday. He went into the news conference and then whispered something into Calipari's ear and they went out into the hall and Rose didn't come back in. Calipari said that he was having some stomach problems and sent him to the trainers to get checked out. Twizzler said that he eats gummy bears and starbursts for breakfast and thats why his stomach hurts. Calipari said he would play tonight.

DSommersby 12 years, 11 months ago

Play your hearts out and leave everything you have in your souls on the floor. Play KANSAS Basketball.BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!

stujayhawk 12 years, 11 months ago

Ladies and gentlemen, the time has come!History is set in the making:20 years ago this season, Manning lead his Miracles to the '88 Championship!Now we're back, but this time we are loaded with, win or lose, one of the greatest KU TEAMS of all time! ROCKCHALKJAYHAWK!!!KU!!!!!!

landon_2003 12 years, 11 months ago

anyone else watching espn? man...how bout they just call it memphis gameday instead of college gameday. let's get them hawks...no one is expecting you to win. rock chalk baby!

BCRavenJHawkfan 12 years, 11 months ago

For what it's worth, the weather today here in West Texas has been what I remember it as some 20 years ago!I hope our guys did not spend late, late hours at Dick's Last Resort Saturday night.

Dan Harris 12 years, 11 months ago

Lew back up the Brinks truck! We simply can not lose Coach Self! PERIOD!

jayhawkinATL 12 years, 11 months ago

Yep, landon...same thing I was thinking. No love for the 'hawks today.

jayhawkinATL 12 years, 11 months ago

How about that $hit posted by "classfan"??? What an idiot!!!!

classfan 12 years, 11 months ago

Anybody getting nervous yet....How about butterflies....All I can say, is after tonight I hope all the KU fans have new excuses. Its been 20 years since two Carolina guys brought a NC to Lawrence ( Brown and Manning) and all the excuses since are getting old. A curse has been laid upon the KU doorstep. You can watch for it tonight. You will be able to tell when it enters into the game. Its a magical thing to see. The only way for KU to get rid of the curse is to find a little class. Wouldn't it be cool tonight if in the final seconds of the game, with the Chokehawks down, all the fans of the other schools starting chanting Rock Caulk Chokehawk. I can't wait. See you all at the game. I'll be the one in crimson and blue....Rock Caulk Chokehawk....Rock Caulk Chokehawk....Rock Caulk Chokehawk.