Monday, October 29, 2007

KU-OSU to kickoff at 7 p.m. on ABC

The Kansas University football team's Nov. 10 game at Oklahoma State will kick off at 7 p.m. and be televised by ABC (Sunflower Broadband channels 9 and 12).

It will mark the sixth straight KU game televised, but the first on the national network that picks which game it wants first before the league's other television partners.

Kansas (8-0) first plays Nebraska this Saturday at 11:30 a.m. That game will be televised by Fox Sports Net.

Comments

Kevin Sontag 14 years ago

And don't forget Sunflower channel 200: Jayhawks in Primetime HD, baby!

William James 14 years ago

Yea baby! I cant wait. I'll see you guys down there. Its a real short drive. You can do the whole trip in one day.

jman18562 14 years ago

What relevant point is bdsnook trying to make? All ABC games are by ESPN... maybe because they are the same company???? Dur.

All this means is poor people (such as the ones in manhattan) can watch their hated rivals on primetime with their rabbit ears and black and white TV's!

Michael Leiker 14 years ago

Anybody have a stat on the last Big 3 network game?

Alan Halvorsen 14 years ago

Who's going to the game with the rest of us?

kmarti49 14 years ago

i live in arizona, if its the 7 pm game (5 pm my time) do you think this will be a regional game, or will it be a nationally televised game?

sevenyearhawk 14 years ago

You know, my grad class gets out at about 5 pm ...

I know a charter pilot - he made the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs!

I just may make this game ...

BEAK 'EM, HAWKS!!!

Derek King 14 years ago

Most importantly (conference title hopes aside), think about how many potential RECRUITS, who may not have really considered KU before, could be watching this game!

Kevin Sontag 14 years ago

But... a parsec is a unit of length, not time...

okjhok 14 years ago

Cal-USC or ASU-UCLA may be shown regionally out there. That's just a guess. Even though our game could have huge implications, the left coast still doesn't give a rats ass about what happens in KS and OK. I'm guessing there'll be an east coast game as well. We may have to wait until the MU game for a true, national telecast.

sevenyearhawk 14 years ago

one day, not like the 1,450 miles that I just logged with fabio and J-Dean to College Station ...

where's Tex today?

bykcin 14 years ago

FYI, it's 7 eastern, 6 central

sevenyearhawk 14 years ago

grrr ... i might have to leave class early ...

actorman 14 years ago

Where do you get your info., bykcin? The KU schedule has it listed as 7:00 central.

As for the Pac-10, there is a chance that there won't be a game on at that time. But I'm not holding my breath. I'd say the odds are that those of us on the West Coast are going to get screwed by this and would have been better off having it on ESPN.

actorman 14 years ago

AZHawk, it's funny that you say all Pac-10 schools are mediocre, considering that one from your neck of the woods is playing in a huge game on Saturday against another team in the top 5.

I just looked at the Pac-10 website and there's some potentially good news. There are only four Pac-10 games that day, and only one is currently listed at the same time as the KU game (although two don't have times listed yet). That one is USC at Cal, and for TV it says "ABC or ESPN or ESPN2." I'd say the odds are better for people outside of the Bay Area, because I imagine locally I'll get stuck with that game on ABC. But for the rest of you it might just be on ESPN.

seattlehawk_78 14 years ago

I'm gonna go out on a limb 7 but if as you claim you spent 7 years in Lawrence to get your undergraduate degree, you must have skipped a class or two. What's one more? Beak Em!

Michael Leiker 14 years ago

I am going to be at the UCLA/Arizona State game in two weekends, as long as it doesn't fall the same time as KU OSU. I'll be rooting hard for the Bruins, never thought I'd say that.

Brandon Snook 14 years ago

I wasn't making a point really, just stating the obvious and being a little silly.

I don't really like that the 2 networks consolidated their sports departments into 1. Yes, I know they are both owned by Disney, but the official termination of ABC Sports marked the end of an era, IMHO.

But it's not like I'm losing any sleep over it. Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

seattlehawk_78 14 years ago

I don't know who the Big 10/11 commissioner is sleeping with at ESPN but I'd like our comish to start logging some nap time. I can't believe how many times Iowa has been on TV this year.

seattlehawk_78 14 years ago

BTW, good job on whoever picked the two KU cheerleaders for the starting lineups. That can't hurt recruiting.

OklahomaJayhawk5 14 years ago

I will be there with 4 other Hawk fans since it is just up the interstate from OKC. If you do go i would recommend becoming friends with an OSU tailgater and bumming a turkey leg off of them. Unbelievable!

Michael Leiker 14 years ago

Az - Can't be a bad game in terms of scenery right?

kmarti49 14 years ago

actorman where is this place in old town?

sevenyearhawk 14 years ago

seattle always has something funny to add! :P

I got the charter info back, it's steep ... we'll have any where from one to three extra seats.

I'll let you know how serious we get about this!

Ted Toulouse 14 years ago

Well East-Coasters - looks like we'll be forced to watch the BC vs. Mary-land game against our will. hopefully there will be some local bars picking up the KU game too. Cal is listing their game as being on ABC/ESPN as well. In looking at the regional map from last weeks games, there was a semi-circular core from Texas to Wyoming and from Utah to Missouri that covered the CU vs. Tech game. Somthing tells me that will be similar to what happens for KU :( For my DirecTV capabilities, I prefer the FSN telecasts because I know I get those channels

scootja32 13 years, 12 months ago

even the poorest of the poor (of those who do have one) have color tv's now.

kmarti49 13 years, 12 months ago

haha thats kinda funny and sad i ask if a ku game was gonna be on in arizona

and that triggers a discussion of asu football..sucky and thats bad seeing how i am a asu student...

Damian Glaze 13 years, 12 months ago

I went (kicking and screaming) to Upper Deck on Saturday and it was a great scene yet again. I, too, had withdrawn myself because of superstitious beliefs that the mix of me in that bar and with the alumni was not working the mojo in the right way. Against better judgement I decided to chance it on one of the biggest games in years; and to my delight, I am once again feeling good about attending a football game at Upper Deck. We provided them music from the KU band, so they now play some of our favorite tunes after scores and during the breaks some time. It was once dominated by Big-10 people and now we are running the show over there. Keep it going 'Hawks.

kmarti49 13 years, 12 months ago

will they be showing the game this st vs nebraska at upper deck?