Saturday, May 26, 2007

Rush withdraws from draft

Severity of guard's knee injury to be determined next week

Kansas University's men's basketball team may have wrapped up a preseason No. 1 ranking on Friday.

"I wouldn't think so, but we'll be up there," KU coach Bill Self said Friday night, three hours after reporting Brandon Rush's decision to withdraw from the NBA Draft, in part because of a right knee injury incurred two days ago playing pick-up basketball in Kansas City. Self said the severity of the injury would not be known until medical tests early next week.

"I think we got better today, there's no doubt about that. On the flip side, it wasn't the way I wanted to get better."

The 6-foot-6 Rush, who declared for the NBA Draft on April 26 but elected to not sign with an agent, had hoped to compete at the NBA Draft camp next week in Orlando, Fla.

The 58 college early entrees have until June 18 to withdraw and retain their collegiate eligibility provided they are agent-free.

"People will think the reason I am returning is because I injured my knee playing in a pickup game," Rush said. "That is not true, but it did reinforce to me that the time was not right to go to the NBA. I thought all along that I would more than likely return to school, but it was something I needed to find out about.

"We have a great team returning and I love my teammates. The people at Kansas and the fans have treated me so well. It is hard to pass up the opportunity to experience another year of that."

As far as the injury ... Self said there was no reason to believe Rush's status for next season was in question.

"I do not want to comment or speculate on anything (regarding the injury)," Self said. "In the short term it was going to be tough for him to get ready to do what he wanted to do in pre-draft workouts."

Reader poll

Do you think that KU's basketball team should be ranked No. 1 with Rush coming back?

• Yes 54% 2289 votes
  • No 39% 1657 votes
  • Undecided 5% 249 votes

4195 total votes.

Rush - who walked with a slight limp without the use of crutches with an elastic sleeve on his knee Friday outside Allen Fieldhouse - was asked specifically if he had a torn ACL.

"I don't think so," Rush said, holding a bag of ice. "I think it's more like a sprain. They (doctors) still have to look."

Self said he learned of Rush's knee injury Thursday. Rush informed his coach of his decision to return to KU in a Friday afternoon meeting.

"He has some swelling in there. He will be evaluated seriously early next week," Self said. "He came down on the knee wrong. It swelled up on him. It was very very stiff. With him leaving on Tuesday going to the draft deal, he knew he would not be in shape to do that.

"His returning is not a shock," Self insisted. "I thought there was a chance he'd come back the whole time. When we visited today, he said, 'Coach I was probably going to do this anyway. Injuring my knee certainly made me rethink the deal.' He did not want to go to Orlando not healthy.

Self said he "felt bad" for Rush because the coach believes the workouts would have solidified Rush's status as a first-round selection.

"I think Brandon has done enough over two years to impress people on his improvement and athletic ability," Self said. "I think he would have been a first-rounder. I think it would have played out to be true.

"Even with that said, he told me all along if he couldn't go high he'd come back. Our (pre-draft camp) reports still had him on the bubble, on the borderline. I'm sure he's disappointed, but this will not be a killer to him."

Rush, in fact, appeared to be in good spirits Friday.

"This (injury) had nothing to do with it," he reiterated of withdrawing from the draft. "I would have (attended Orlando camp) just to see where I stood."

Self said returning might benefit Rush in the long run.

"I don't think the draft will be as deep next year. If he performs like he can, certainly that (lottery) is a possibility," Self said of Rush being a top-14 pick after his junior campaign.

"I certainly wanted Brandon to make the best decision for Brandon and his future. The best decision was for him to come back. On the flip side, I didn't want it to happen this way. He didn't want it to happen this way."

KU senior-to-be Jeremy Case said he found out about Rush's injury Friday.

"It's disappointing for anyone to get hurt," Case said. "He'll work through it. He's a tough guy. It's strange because he had not gotten hurt in two years here. He's a thoroughbred, has had no problems. This is bad timing for him."

Brandon Rush withdraws from NBA draft, returns to KU

KU basketball player Brandon Rush, who had earlier entered his name into consideration for the NBA draft, has now decided to return to KU for another season of Jayhawk basketball instead.

Case said he had expected a healthy Rush to enter the draft.

"I think he can be a really good player in the league," Case said. "I definitely thought he'd be in the NBA next year. I wouldn't say I'm happy because I don't know if this is exactly what he wanted. He loves it here, but who doesn't have the mindset of playing in the NBA?"

Comments

kuhawksr1 7 years, 4 months ago

You know what the best part of this announcement really was? Actually hearing all of the 'silent' groans and foul language being spewed by Tiger and State fans immediately after learning of his return. You know this was very bad news to them ... not to mention the Horns and Aggies.

madmangine 7 years, 4 months ago

Fabio

Yes, its easy to say "I see no reason why KU can't have good football and basketball programs," but has it ever been the case?? Factually, people do not support the football team like they do the b-ball team. The ethic of a "Kansas" fan is..."wait until basketball season." Its a piss pour attitude and I will not support it or anyone who operates under this ideology. One could say, my sole purpose in life is to help in reviving the football program. Conspiracy aside, its time to shift a bit of our energy to Memorial. Are you with me brother?

sevenyearhawk 7 years, 4 months ago

Good for him, maybe a Rush brother will actually get a degree ...

/don't be so selfish fans, be glad for this guy staying in college not for the possibility "bringing KU a title"

rockchalkjayhawk4ku11 7 years, 4 months ago

YES!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU GOD!!!!!!!!!!! I'M SO PUMPED FOR NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!

jayloco 7 years, 4 months ago

Talk about changing the face of a season. This puts KU right back firmly into the Final Four picture next year and probably front runners for the N.C. I really thought there was no way no how BR would come back, but like Bill mentioned in a statement today, he played it just like he was supposed to. Now he is coming back and all of the haters will surely back off and welcome BR back into the fold. It does get you pumped for next year doesn't it?! It will make writing that season ticket check a whole lot funner come fall!

jayloco 7 years, 4 months ago

Now do we really buy that all along he felt that he was going to return? Anyone have any news on this "knee injury"?

argentinehawk 7 years, 4 months ago

I'm "pumped" too, but, I'm a little worried about his knee injury. If you look at all these mock draft websites, Rush's stock has been going up as of late. If that's the case, and the knee injury isn't really all that bad, why did he pull his name out of the draft??!! But, I'm pumped too rockchalkjayhawk4ku11!!! I hope he was just making a wise decision.

MarchSadness 7 years, 4 months ago

YEAH!!! B RUSH IS THE MAN!! Just set himself up to be a solid lottery pick next year, he is going to be nasty next season!

Jclarkson 7 years, 4 months ago

I always knew he'd be back....I knew all along. Never doubted it for a second. :)

just kidding.

Earlier this week I was hearing rumors that Detroit was going to take him, he was going to sign with an agent, nothing that indicated he was coming back. This is great news. We'll be even more dangerous next year.

BigTamale 7 years, 4 months ago

Breaking News...

May 25th 2007 has been declared Brandon Rush day...the mayor of Lawrence will present him with the key to the city after the Memorial Day weekend.

--Associated Press--

ccs1jayhawker 7 years, 4 months ago

wow!!! I thought for sure br would stay in the draft. I'm very excited for next season. I hope his knee injury isn't serious.

mumpy1 7 years, 4 months ago

Way to go, Brandon. All of KU will be thrilled that you are back for another season. This is the year!!!!

cstevenday 7 years, 4 months ago

Absolutely the best thing for all parties involved. That extra year will be extra millions in his pocket. It hurts to loose Juju, but D will take up all that slack and then some, and with Cole coming in, we don't miss a beat!! The only decision left to make now is will Bill retain B-spoon?? He's from Humboldt Bill!! Add another chair on the bench!! Once a Jayhawk, always a Jayhawk. (And a Humboldt Cub).

Go Hawks!!

filmhawk 7 years, 4 months ago

WOW -
this is great news - a wise move. i hope he makes the most of next season, that we win the national championship, that he becomes the number one choice overall next year, and that he becomes the next jordan. well - i'm just real happy he's back.

rushlover22 7 years, 4 months ago

Oh my god!!!! So happy about this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If his knee heals 100% KU's season just had a big upturn already. I think we would have still been good if he went but we will be great again since he his staying. He brings great defense of course and his offense is usually stellar as well!!!! This news made my day!!! Can't wait until next season!

ROCK CHALK JAYHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

tis4tim 7 years, 4 months ago

HOLY SHT! That's fcking awesome news! Glad to have you back BR!

CasperCorps 7 years, 4 months ago

Good stuff, we were gonna miss his rebounding next year had he left, totally makes up for loosing that recruit to Kentucky.. Rockem Hawks!!!

Carter Patterson 7 years, 4 months ago

Nothing but silence from the "KSU / Baylor Its Our Year Club"!!!!!

BRUSH! You are going to have spectacular Junior year. Lead us to the National Championship game and take the number one overall spot in 2008 !

JNgohawks 7 years, 4 months ago

Wow, just came home from work and saw the good news. And on a Friday to boot

milehighhawk 7 years, 4 months ago

We just went from a top 15 or top 20 club to a top 5 LOCK.

This just made my weekend.

Welcome Back, Brandon!

justanotherfan 7 years, 4 months ago

I have never seen this many people express a profound belief in a Higher Power on this board before. Lol.

Anyway, B Rush coming back makes KU one of the best three or four teams in the country next year... on paper.

I'm excited to see him along with Chalmers, Russ Rob and Sherron next season, along with what I hope will be an improved post game from Darrell, Sasha, Darnell and Cole.

KanKu 7 years, 4 months ago

All the Rush bashers need to eat crow, poo, or whatever. If he were reading the negative posts the last few months, he probably would have left.

BigTamale 7 years, 4 months ago

Now Rush holding out and not declaring for the NBA quickly after the season makes sense to me.

He kinda figured out that he was going to return, but the only way he could do that was to hold out after the Alex Legion kid committed somewhere else. Had he declared too early then Self would have offered it to Legion and Rush would have his scholarship tied up.

For the immediate future, I would rather have Brandon than Alex Legion, albeit for what seems to be for next season only. However, when we first entered this relationship is only supposed to be for a year...we may end up graduating Rush which is totally ok with me.

What do you guys think of my theory?

KUAlum2000 7 years, 4 months ago

He was holding out to see who declared for the draft, knowing he had a potential final four team to come back to if he wanted. The scouts told him he would be a role player in the NBA so he came back to show he can take things over.

He never cared about recruiting, nor would I if I were him.

That being said, great decision and THANK YOU BRUSH!

filmhawk 7 years, 4 months ago

bill self's best recruiting at KU so far:

1: julian wright - who never set foot on the ku campus

2: darell arthur - who was given a chance to play with durrant at texas and promised a starting position from rick barnes

3: getting b-rush to return for his junior season

BigTamale 7 years, 4 months ago

KUAlum...

Good points, but what was Rush to do if he would have declared earlier? Self was even quoted as being upset on how Rush handled his decision process because he couldn't pursue anyone. So lets say Self did sign someone else, then how was Rush supposed to:

A) return to "a final four team"? B) How could he have then showed that he could take things over?

Its hard to do those things on the Bench or as a role player. You gotta feel that Rush Covered His @ss...

But those are just theories.

Irregardless, today is National Brandon Rush day in Jayhawk nation

ralsterKUMed95 7 years, 4 months ago

WoHOO!! I couldn't be more excited for next years KU team. You just do not find players like Rush every year with that combination of size + athleticism and explosiveness. His entire skill set will only get better, and he has another year of free publicity on a top-tier team. With Ju gone, it is also Darrell Arthur's chance to shine. Fun, fun, FUN!...cant wait!!!

William James 7 years, 4 months ago

KURUSH-If youd like to retract your prediction, actually your guarantee about Baylor and K-State beating us next year, now would be a good time.

madmangine 7 years, 4 months ago

It seems clear to me that the return of Brandon Rush to the Kansas Jayhawk Basketball program represents another plot by the powers that be to further stifle our precious football program. Stay with me for a second.... Brandon's return means that we will likely be in national title consideration until the tournament. This will undoubtedly take attention and pseudo fans away from the Mecca that is Memorial Stadium. I submit to you, my fellow brothers that the United States government (led by a Longhorn) put a hit on Mr. Rush's knee to force him to forgo camp, withdraw from the Draft and return to the floor at Allen. This is all the more suspicious since most of the draft boards had Brandon as a top 20 pick. Please, do not be deceived. There is a powerful force actively plotting against the success of the football team. How else can you explain multiple sub par seasons under arguably the best coach to Ever lead a college football team.

PS Anyone remember the game at Memorial 2 years ago against the Longhorns. Offensive pass interference... a modern day euphemism for total government corruption.

kufan12131415 7 years, 4 months ago

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I AM SO HAPPY I HOPE BRANDON HAS A GOOD LAST YEAR

Dan Harris 7 years, 4 months ago

AWSOME!!!!! IS THIS WHAT HITTING THE LOTTERY FEELS LIKE?

bunot 7 years, 4 months ago

am i the only one here that's not shocked? i knew he'd be back. he already said he wasn't going to stay in the draft if he wasn't a 1st rnd lock....and with all the talent in this yr's draft, he wasn't a lock. there's about 5 guys in his position alone that could be taken ahead of him.

Krohnutz 7 years, 4 months ago

I just wet my pants...

I would have to say today is a good day.

TaCityHawkFan 7 years, 4 months ago

I am glad to say that I have been behind BRush from the outset. I was not surprised that he declared.... I was happy for him when he decided to take the road he did... checking his status but not hiring an agent was a smart move. If he had stayed in the draft (which I expected because he is a special player) I would have been happy for him and for KU for having a super athlete and person having played at KU.

BR - I am sorry that it did not work out the way you had wanted, but I am confident that it will be for the best.

As for the KU Nation... watch out next year.

KURUSH1530 7 years, 4 months ago

Fabio, I'm actually going to continue to back that guarantee I made. Baylor will be a huge surprise this year. I'm happy Rush is coming back, although it took a knee injury to do so. It'll be an exciting year and I look forward to it.

nanuq 7 years, 4 months ago

As good as Wright is, this will give us a more traditional look with Rush at the 3 and 2 two combo guards on the floor. Kaun and Arthur with Cole and Jackson as second starters will make a tough front line. Either Rush or Arthur can fill Wright's high post role. This will be the best KU team in a long time.

nmuller11 7 years, 4 months ago

This is definitely a good choice for Brandon for many reasons. He will be the star next year for sure and will have to come to play every night and he will shine. He now knows where he is at as far as his draft status and it will only improve with another stellar season with the focus and veteran leadership placed on him. He will be a man on mission next year and he will be much more mature with many more mature players around him. He is a much more valuable asset to KU than Julian Wright is because we don't have another tall solid swingman to fill his spot. We have a great multitude of talented post players in Arthur, Jackson, Kaun, and Aldrich. Ill take a scorer and overall baller than one heck of an athlete. Don't get me wrong I love Julian Wright and his game and I think he will be a good piece to most any lottery team because he brings so much enthusiasm, energy, and athleticism but he was inconsistent at many times. I think he will blossom in the NBA more than in college and he picked the right time to leave while his potential was at its peak according to scouts. I think Rush would have been overlooked and underpublicized this year because of Oden, Durant and the three Florida girls. He will definitely gain the spotlight next year and can become a top 10 pick if he does the things he needs to do. He already has all the tools to become a great NBA swingman but this year was not a good year to go. He will finish his unfinished business at KU and become a multimillionaire after next year and a ring. I am just glad he didn't listen to anyone except for coach Self and the right people and not let the agents and his buddies persuade him into something he would regret later. He does not deserve to be on the end of the bench somewhere in stacked West just because he dropped to the 20's. He is better than a lot of players in this year's draft but still has a huge amount of room to grow. There is no reason why KU will not be a preseason number 1 next year considering they only lost Wright and they have all their players returning with more experience and fire burning inside to finally win one.

William James 7 years, 4 months ago

madmangine-Im as big a KU football fan as you will find and I dont think success in basketball will hurt our football program as long as we have good people running the football program. I am ecstatic about Brandons decision. Maybe Talib will come back for his senior season. I see no reason Lawrence cant have a good football and basketball program. This year I am predicting an 8 or 9 win season in football and a Final Four basketball team. Its IS possible.

hawkitup 7 years, 4 months ago

And so ends the 20 year drought of a National Championship. Thank you, Mr. Rush.

shank11 7 years, 4 months ago

Mr. Rush. Time will tell but someday you will look back, see your jersey (now with 3 years here) on the wall and never regret having had one more year in Lawrence with friends on campus. As a 50 year-old and having lived my dream flying Fighters and airliners, there has been just as much joy coming to Lawrence and bringing my child to Allen Fieldhouse seeing fine young men like yourSELF and what is the KU tradition. When you come back years from now, next years memories will be worth so much more to you than you can imagine. You'll reach your destiny of the NBA soon enough. Enjoy the journey thru Allen Fieldhouse as long as you can!!! Maybe a 4th year????? :-) Best of Luck to you, and THANK YOU!

Alan Halvorsen 7 years, 4 months ago

I like your mindset madmangine I can't wait for Sept. I do wish KU fans would have a mindset of Football at least equal to basketball. I don't know if you're being serious about somekind of conspiracy, but if you are, I don't agree. It made my day to hear that Brandon is staying for another year. As well as we got our second commit in football for next year!!! What a day!

freak2304 7 years, 4 months ago

Hate to rain on your parade boys, but this is basketball country. Sure, having a respectable football program would be great, but we don't have Lombardi St. running into campus, it's Naismith Dr.

actorman 7 years, 4 months ago

I ACHE for KU to have a great football team, at least once in my lifetime. They were pretty close in '95, but it would be great to see KU be good on both sports at the same time. Unfortunately, I'm not sure that's going to happen as long as Mangino is there.

In the meantime, welcome back Brandon!

hawkaholic_kaun 7 years, 4 months ago

OMG..OMG ..OMG..OMG..OMG..OMG..OMG...OMG...OMG

William James 7 years, 4 months ago

madmangine-Your right about the mentality of a lot of KU fans. I also agree that not supporting the football program sucks. Whenever someone tells me they aer a big KU fan, my first question is always "when was the last time you went to a KU football game". Just 20 years ago K-State fans had the exact same mentality and a good football coach came along and changed everything. I think the problem with KU is that we have had crap coaches for so long that we now have super low standards and dont think we will ever be good enough to compete with the top dogs, so people dont invest their emotions into it because they think they will get hurt. This phenomenon parrallels my sisters problem with guys. I think this problem can be fixed though. Mangino is a fine coach and if he can bring say 3 consecutive 8 win seasons to Lawrence than more people will start to crave and expect success and over time this stubborn culture will slowly change. Something I admire about K-State fans is they are passionate about both their football and basketball program. You know they sold out their NIT game with DePaul that was played during spring break!

Robin Smith 7 years, 4 months ago

yay for Rush coming back.

Football is a terrible sport compared to basketball. I will never care about the KU football team, although I suppose I would support them in principle being Jayhawks and all. But don't go looking for equality because Basketball > Football.

William James 7 years, 4 months ago

robot-I feel terrible for you, I really do. You have no clue what you are missing out on. Why do you think football is infinately more popular in this country than basketball? There simply is no comparing the popularity of the two sports.

Jeremy Bolinger 7 years, 4 months ago

this is better than the first time I got to finger a chick man!

Krohnutz 7 years, 4 months ago

How the hell is KU football invading a thread on basketball. All this stemming from an article that made me pop wood because the news was that damn HAWT.

I understand if you want football to do well, cripes I do to. But when there is an article under football that makes me feel as happy as Rush coming back, let me know.

I was excited at the start of football season last year. A team that had a schedule and ability to win 9-10 games. They didn't live up, outside of watching a few players that were grossly underrated because they played for KU, there wasn't much joy in it.

Don't bag on basketball fans because you want them to talk about football. Go to a football thread.

P.S. Nice post notabandwagonfan, I had to chuckle at that.

freak2304 7 years, 4 months ago

It would've been interesting to see us probably go small this year (Kaun, Arthur, Chalmers, Collins, Robinson), but it looks like Collins will have to come off the bench again for one more season, which I personally LOVE! I've always thought having a solid 6th man is a big key to a winning team, and we have a solid 6th AND 7th man in my opinion, with Collins and Jackson. I'm excited like everyone else for this next season. Is it time for Late Night yet?!?

Krohnutz 7 years, 4 months ago

Man Fab, you gotta bring up Toledo, that game broke me in half. That loss and Nebraska, they were so close. Cornish is/was the man. Hard runner, unafraid, damn I am gonna miss him.

If he had played for USC or some bigtime ESPN darling school we would have heard all about him every night.

And I will post some football threads once the season gets going. Just right now the only thing floating on my head about KU football is who will be our QB, and can they cut down on the turnovers.

100 7 years, 4 months ago

speaking of BR: Brandon Roy would NOT have been a 2nd round pick had he left after his soph season. he went 4 yrs to washington, a fine school, like kansas -- one that is almost too hard to leave unless you're going to the nba. LAST YEAR HE WAS NBA ROOKIE OF THE YEAR. brandon rush, on the other hand, would have been picked late 2nd round, but would have not been a key contributor to any team for seasons to come. he may have just made himself an extra 50 million in future shoe contracts/ salaries for his soon to be growing nest egg. a good reason to wait. and possibly an ncaa championship to boot. a very smart decision by brandon.

madmangine 7 years, 4 months ago

I feel for all my brother and sisters who do not support the football hawks. May your eternity in hell be enjoyable.

Krohnutz 7 years, 4 months ago

Madmangine;

I just looked up your history of posts.

You have three total on that profile.

Yet not ONE of those three was under a football thread.

You are chastizing a thread about not paying attention to football at KU, yet you only post on basketball threads and news!?

KURUSH1530 7 years, 4 months ago

Krohnutz, the person just joined yesterday..I fully expect the lineup to be Jackson, Arthur, Rush, Chalmers and Robinson. I would not care though if Collins beat out either chalmers or robinson for there starting spot, which could happen. What I'm really looking forward to, is reading all the articles on Cole during boot camp with HCBS. Here is a scouting report by a former player that I tend to agree with after watching h.s. footage of Cole, "He has a big body, but at times that seems to be the main thing he has going for him, although he will battle inside. He missed his share of close field goal attempts (AWESOME) and also looked a step slow."

ralsterKUMed95 7 years, 4 months ago

I liked the piece by nmuller11 about "Oden, Durant, and the Florida GIRLS!". I thought as much when I saw KU beat FL and the FL girls were crying like babies... I only wish we had met them in the Final4 for a second teaching session!
About Rush being back, I agree with what Self said recently--with Brandon, we can line up and play ANYBODY. Period. Gone is the much-loved but inconsistent Ju, and our floor game will run that much smoother without the team leader in turnovers. This will allow Russell, Mario, and Sherron to do "their thing" at the expense of opposing coaches sleep quality. Brandon is a solid defender with consistent 3pt shooting, who only needs to develop a bit more skill set regarding dribble-drive, and game-takeover type of offensive impact (like Langford or Acie Law), and like his teammates, free t h r o w s. . .I think this is a consensus statement most of us would make about Brandon at this point--sky is the limit for his upside. To madmangine: I feel for ya, brother. I went to 2 KU football games this last season and enjoyed them. Eventhough I am a dyed-in-the-wool basketball player and KU bball fan, I will ALWAYS support KU football since I am also a proud alum of the Crimson and Blue. The comments were made about OU when Sampson left the bball team for Indiana, that he was unhappy at a "football school", but does it really matter? When we win more, more fans will fill the fball stadium. The "support" often yearned for usually is present in some decent turnouts for the first few home games, and is just PRIMED to blossom if we keep winning?? It could be argued at OU that they have a fair bball history also, just not to the caliber of KU, of course. You may be dealing with just alot of predominantly bball fans @ KU--nothing against fball, and it is IRRELEVANT about which sport is more or less popular in the nation. THIS is a bball blog. My favorite athelete of all time personally is Michael Jordan, with Joe Montana a distant second...of course I like alot of players past & present, but those 2 are special. And my schedule leaves LITTLE time for anything beyond KU bball and NFL fball...not even much NBA, but I always feel good inside whenever I hear KU football wins.

Krohnutz 7 years, 4 months ago

I have heard Cole is a big body that is a solid board guy, but is not gonna have the inside scoring of say Arthur or Wright.

That would be fine, except that Kaun has been offensively schizophrenic, so it might be draught city in the post if this kid cannot hit some close shots.

It was pretty nice having JuJu be able to hit a seven to ten footer.

And dammit Kurush1230, the point is don't come on a basketball thread and bag peeps for not talking about football. You are giving him ammo!

emeryhawk 7 years, 4 months ago

We'll get plenty of post scoring from Arthur next year. Kaun's confidence was hurt by injury last year, so here's hoping we see better from him this year. Jackson always plays with heart and will be a senior. Anything we get from Aldrige is a bonus. We have the deepest team in the nation next year. Memphis, UNC, Georgetown and UCLA are the only teams that can come near us from a talent perspective.

KURUSH1530 7 years, 4 months ago

I apologize Krohnutz..I am completely on your side. I agree with the idea that a basketball thread is meant for basketball talk, not football. Oh well, let him/her gripe.

madmangine 7 years, 4 months ago

I spend my energy where it can yield fruit

William James 7 years, 4 months ago

krohnutz-who is bagging on basketball fans? I have been a basketball fan since I was a kid, so Im sure you arent referring to me. I would go to a football thread to talk football but Im the only one that posts there. Take a look at the latest football article.
Last year I went to 6 football games in Memorial Stadium, and games at Auburn, Toledo, Georgia, Michigan State, Notre Dame, UAB, Iowa State, Missouri, and the Sugar Bowl in New Orleans. Im gonna try and top that this year. I think if I could get other Kansans to go with me to these games all over the country they would appreciate college football as much as me and the culture would change. Someone said they were a big Joe Montana fan. I guarantee you he is a Notre Dame alum first before his two pro teams or his high school team.
College Football is the greatest sport in the world so it certainly is dissapointing to me that so many KU fans simply dont care when we have maybe the most gorgeous place in the country to play a game. To all KU fans-SNAP OUT OF IT!

madmangine 7 years, 4 months ago

Brother Fabio

Thank you for your support. I would like to first apologize for my harsh comments above. Understand that this subject is quite near and dear to my heart. For when I think of heaven, I envision nothing other than a sold out Memorial, on a fair autumn day.........be with me.........Number two kansas vs number one Texas (yes Mr. Bush, watch out), winner moves on to the BCS title game..... looking around me, the happy heart of content Jayhawk Nation, shining brightly in the setting sun...its gametime boys....the only show in town.....we kick off.....to the soothing sounds of ACDC "Back in Black."

Wooleybooly 7 years, 4 months ago

I think Brandon would have stayed in the draft after the workouts. He was going in the first round.

I do however, credit him with how he handled this by stating the injury had nothing to do with his decision. I do not believe that, but that certainly does credit his ability to keep this team out of controversy and remove the teams feeling of "I wouldn't be here playing with you guys if I hadn't gotten hurt."

Hate to get him back this way, but very happy for his return, nevetheless.

filmhawk 7 years, 4 months ago

maybe b-rush could work out as wide-out and everyone would be happy.

William James 7 years, 4 months ago

Thanks for listening guys. I think KURUSH is right, I needed to vent a little. Anyway, should be a fun year coming up for both of the teams.

ameraidi 7 years, 4 months ago

B-Rush.....welcome back big guy.....kick some ass next year and bring that championship home.

Good luck and hope you better soon!

horsedonpilot 7 years, 4 months ago

A big thanks to Fabio and Madmangine for speaking their minds. The football team needs our support. There is plenty of it for the basketball team. Seriously folks, lets make a concerted effort to get out the good news about the team. Lets use this venue to fire up the troops. Who's in???