- TCU is 1-1 after Saturday's 76-64 home loss to Tulsa. Junior guard Corey Santee scored 15 points, while sophomore forward Chudi Chinweze had 13. Freshman center Femi Ibikunle led the team with seven boards as TCU outrebounded Tulsa, 47-38. The Frogs had 21 offensive rebounds to just seven for Tulsa. Tulsa had won its opener, 87-58, over UT Arlington.
¢ Kansas leads the all-time series with TCU, 2-0. KU won the last meeting, 97-78, Dec. 20, 1997 in Kemper Arena. KU also won, 68-64, in an NCAA Tournament game March 21, 1952, at Municipal Auditorium.
- In the last meeting, the game marked the Kansas debut of Lester Earl, who picked up five points and six rebounds in 17 minutes. Paul Pierce led all scorers with 28 points, and Raef LaFrentz added 23 points and 17 rebounds. TCU's Lee Nailon had 23 points .
- Keith Langford needs 66 points to reach 1,000. Langford has scored in double figures in 16 straight games.
- Aaron Miles needs 59 assists to pass Adonis Jordan for fifth place on KU's all-time career assist list. Miles needs 13 steals to pass Jerod Haase for eighth place on KU's all-time career steals chart.
- Langford is from Fort Worth, Texas, where he attended North Crowley High School. During his senior season, Langford led the Crowley Panthers to a 29-5 record and the Area 4A title.
- Kansas senior Bryant Nash hails from Carrollton, Texas.
- TCU head coach Neil Dougherty was an assistant coach at Kansas for seven seasons from 1996 to 2002. During his time in Lawrence, KU made seven straight NCAA Tournament appearances and went to the NCAA Final Four in 2002. In addition, Dougherty's sister, Lisa, was a standout women's basketball player at KU 1985-88.
- KU has hit at least one three-pointer in 115 straight games.
- Texas Christian assistant coach David Cason was an assistant at North Carolina from 2000 to 03.