Kansas defeats Boston University, 72-53

• 5:50 p.m., March 18, 2011
  • BOK Center, Tulsa, OK

FINAL: Strong second half pushes KU to 72-53 victory over Boston

The Kansas men's basketball team made 16 of 26 shots in the second half (62 percent), pulling away for a 72-53 victory over 16th-seeded Boston on Friday night in its first game of the NCAA Tournament at BOK Center in Tulsa, Okla.

"I think we finally went out and just started playing," Markieff Morris said. "I think the first half we were just tight and COach said we've just got to loosen up and have some fun out there."

Marcus Morris led KU with 16 points on 7-for-13 shooting. Markieff Morris added 15 points on 5-for-10 shooting.

Brady Morningstar (13) and Tyshawn Taylor (10) also added double-figure scoring.

KU led just 33-29 at halftime in a slow-paced first half.

"We were missing a lot of bunnies early, so we were kind of playing soft, so the emphasis was just to make easy shots," Marcus Morris said. "And Markieff got us going in the second half, and it really sparked us all."

The Jayhawks outrebounded the Terriers, 40-25.

KU (33-2) will face either UNLV or Illinois on Sunday. The gametime has not yet been announced.

Comments

Hank Cross 9 years, 2 months ago

Good test, knocked the rust off and woke them up. Once again the twins are the key.

superdave 9 years, 2 months ago

we'll handle whoever wins the next game. They play to our style with lesser talent.

bbhawk234 9 years, 2 months ago

The problem with playing Illinois is that they are huge and you know how we can play against big teams. Plus they have that 7 footer that hits 3's and again you know how big men hit 3's on us over the years.

Greg Lux 9 years, 2 months ago

Well if they were that good they would be a #1 seed .. so I think we need to take care of business and block out ..

Rock Chalk

waywardJay 9 years, 2 months ago

Said it during the pre-game. Illinois has yet to show they have heart. They have to blow a team out or the will lose the game momentum down the stretch. All the talent in the world, but no Heart.

jmartin2 9 years, 2 months ago

Wonder if the media will eat up the Q. Thomas angle if UNLV wins?

arp6708 9 years, 2 months ago

Very erie to last years first round game vs lehigh. 1st half 29 35 KU 2nd half opened the lead up. Hope that history does not repeat itself and continues sunday.

BCRavenJHawkfan 9 years, 2 months ago

Except that in the game last year Lehigh still racked up 70 points. Which was the omen right in front of us, the fact that there was no real defense and if we ever went cold it was over.

I was really impressed with this game in that our defense really locked down and extended Boston big time. There was a 5 minute stretch where Boston had to use nearly the entire shot clock just to get offensively set because they were being pushed so far out. That's really when the shots started to fall for us.

Greg Lux 9 years, 2 months ago

Ugly but a win is a win ... win and advance .. game is over .. forget it and get ready to play the next game. We still need better rebounding .. better blocking out .. it's TIME to block out guys..

Rock Chalk

SaulGood 9 years, 2 months ago

Nice to see Releford get some early minutes. He did a decent job on Holland save one drive where he got caught flat-footed. I'm liking that we did a great job spreading the floor. I'd like to see better post passes, and stronger takes from the Morrises and Thomas. Opponents' bigs are not going to shy away from us.

Decent day from Tyshawn and Selby, and Tyrel looked nice and loose. If we can keep our heads next round, no one can stop KU.

TheYetiSpeaks 9 years, 2 months ago

Winning on talent alone (sans full effort) is all good....until it isn't.

Michael Bratisax 9 years, 2 months ago

personally, I hope we get Illinois and kick their butts for HCBS

MrPilot 9 years, 2 months ago

Rock Chalk! Ugly first half but the right team came out of the locker room for the second. Win and advance, baby. Win and advance.

Michael Bratisax 9 years, 2 months ago

This bothers me. after 26 weeks of NOT playing, Kyrie Irving shines for Duke in return scoring 14 in only 13 minutes. Wasn't Selby the #1 incoming PG?

MrPilot 9 years, 2 months ago

I'm convinced that Coach K sold his soul to the devil decades ago. Duke can drive the team bus through a giant river of crap and come out smelling like a rose. I don't get it.

bbhawk234 9 years, 2 months ago

He does not get the PT. Brady all the way. Not saying it is right or wrong but if he is not going to be able to make mistakes before he is pulled. At least during the season Brady was not pulled like Selby was. Just saying freshman have to have their growing pains and Selby never had a chance to have his.

100 9 years, 2 months ago

How did he look on defense with that toe?

Also did anyone else notice that Selby actually looked a lot more like his old self today with his general movement. Perhaps his heel isn't bothering him like it was.

I'd take Selby & his willingness to feed the twins & learn Self's system & overall team spirit over Irving's toe that feels compelled to drive every time he touches the ball any day of the week.

fansincewilt 9 years, 2 months ago

Does anyone know the time of the Sunday game?

ku_jayhawk09 9 years, 2 months ago

Personally I liked this game, it told the guys that they can't just go and drill anyone and plus I thought Selby built some confidence tonight which could be key down the stretch!!

BCRavenJHawkfan 9 years, 2 months ago

Absolutely agree. Some good lock down defense in the second half. And don't forget, we had very, very good looks at the basket in the first half, just did not fall.

Jack Wilson 9 years, 2 months ago

Totally disagree .. we have players, all except Selby .. that have the experience from last season and they come out needing to learn a lesson?

Completely agree though on Selby. That guy gets on a roll, watch out.

Ron Franklin 9 years, 2 months ago

their slow 1st half play probably had very little to do with being ready, and a lot to do with nerves. they've been hearing about uni all week. they had to be wound up very tight. i think the article-in-the-locker-psyche-test backfired a little bit on Bill.

kureader 9 years, 2 months ago

Am I the only one who just doesn't like CBS? One of their overhead cameras was crooked or out of focus. Their announcers showed no enthusiam. And, like last time, they know very little about KU. One of the CBS guys called the Morris twins the Marcus twins. Maybe I'm just holding a grudge from their recent goof-ups during the MU game.

Anyway, what a great 2nd half! We're gonna be a tough out.

bbhawk234 9 years, 2 months ago

I love CBS...especially channel 5 KC.

BCRavenJHawkfan 9 years, 2 months ago

Marv Albert. What do expect, he's the announcer that got caught wearing womens panties many years ago. This is the risk the tournament takes by using NBA announcers.

ku_tailg8 9 years, 2 months ago

We got the TNT/TBS NBA crew who don't follow college hoops. Cut them some slack.

Kye Clark 9 years, 2 months ago

Despite having NBA guys that probably got a crash course on the college game a couple of weeks ago, they still make less mistakes and know who is actually on the court more often than Bob Knight.

iluvdbskxjayhawks 9 years, 2 months ago

I would like KU to win it all but after seeing them almost being toppled at the first half by a 16 seed makes me lose my appetite. I think KU is the weakest #1 seed. I think Ohio State is going to win it all if KU chokes on their plays like this. This is the same thing from last year with Lehigh. I hope by now that they learn their lesson and get over this type of obstacle. Please prove me wrong boys and show me what you got! Do well on Sunday so that I can believe in you again. Stop with the inconsistency plays and gain your confidence to win your opponents.

ku_tailg8 9 years, 2 months ago

We definitely need better rebounding, but with the offense we play it doesn't seem like there is ever more than just one guy doing the rebounding (on offense). If our post player is shooting the ball then we don't ever have anyone rebounding. I do think we need to tighten up on defense because these guys were hitting uncontested 3's. I still think a strong low post player is what will do us in. We don't have one. Most post players are going to the rim, ours our fading away. Thank you for not being the 1st #1 seed to go down but the rhythm of this offense scares the heck out of me as does the wide open 3's on defense.

Dirtman24 9 years, 2 months ago

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTT ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK GOOOOOO KKKKKKUUUUUUUU!!! WOOOOT

jaybate 9 years, 2 months ago

Self sends'em out flat as pancakes for BU, saving the amping for winner of UNLV/Illini. KU and BU play grind the first half neck and neck. After half, Self shows he has learned from past mistakes and presses to pick up the tempo. BU suckers for it. KU and BU exchange a bunch of quick trips, missing every thing in sight, then the basket dilates for KU. We bang a bunch of threes and the Twins reconstitute the paint in their favor. A 20 point win. Next.

Only negative is Self played the starters a ton of minutes.

Oh, well, guess he knows how much gas is in the tank for Sunday.

jaybate 9 years, 2 months ago

Only negative is Self played the starters a ton of minutes.

Oh, well, guess he knows how much gas is in the tank for Sunday.

Hank Cross 9 years, 2 months ago

I guess you missed Jesse's post during the game where he questioned whether Self wasn't contributing to the tightness by screaming and yelling his head off.

The send-them-out-flat strategy may make some remote sense against ISU at AFH in January, but 0 in the tourney. Your next round opponents are sitting right there and watching. You want to get into their heads right then that you're going to dominate. That's true psychological warfare. Duke probably gets 10 points in games against many teams b/c rightly or wrongly the other team thinks they have no chance against Duke.

The message in the Illini lockeroom (unless UNLV wakes up in the second half) will be that KU has feet of clay and a 16 seed played them even for a half.

Jack Wilson 9 years, 2 months ago

Jaybate - I think you're way off base on the "send them out flat" deal. Seriously. In the NCAA tournament? I just can't buy that at this stage.

I can see it as oxcal mentioned, in Jan. vs. ISU at home ... to kind of say, "see guys, anyone can kick your butt." But I think that happens naturally no matter what a coach does. Guys will come out flat from time to time.

My bet is Self is doing whatever he can to get these guys to take teams they play seriously. Everyone of them.

Boston U. could have beaten us tonight. Remote? Yes. But not worth any risk of playing cute at this stage.

kesmithstl1 9 years, 2 months ago

I don't think he is sending them out flat so to speak, but rather not amping them up, and relying on the talent KU possesses. That is what Jaybate is saying, and it makes sense.

In other words, Coach Self knows he can only amp them up so many times, and tonight wasn't one of them.

jhawk79 9 years, 2 months ago

A team with 3pt shooters will kill us. Defense wins games and we don't have it. Good luck on Sunday.

100 9 years, 2 months ago

Well we just beat a team "with 3 point shooters" by 20 points.

We ratcheted up our 3 point Defense in the 2nd half.

Do you know the most 3's ever scored in a game by one team?

I'd guess 20. And thats in a game like Duke vs Emporia State. Still.... 20 three pointers is 60 points. 38% shooting at best. That's a lot of rebounds for our bigs.

We average 51% shooting a game & 83 points.

What did Boston hit one three pointer in the 2nd half?

Joe Baker 9 years, 2 months ago

I know right...Thank you 100 for seeing the glass half full.

Crap! We won even playing tense, poor, sloppy, whatever you want to say. We hit our treys and we win too.

ku_tailg8- Look at the rebounding stats. When did we get out rebounded? KU 40 BU 25 Please tell me how BU outrebounded us? Are the numbers backward?

bbhawk234 9 years, 2 months ago

Pretty clear that Illinois will cause more problems for us with their lenth, skill, and size rather than UNLV. Sunday will be judgement day.

FLJHK 9 years, 2 months ago

In the Big 12 tourney against Okie St. they were flat. Tonight they were tense. But as always, they seem to play to the level of their competition.

Self does seem to be able to ratchet up their intensity as needed. I think they will play better with each game, and I still think there will be 6 of them.

RCJH

Brian Powell 9 years, 2 months ago

One stat that stood out was only 8 FTs for us. I think we need to get to the line more than that if we're truly attacking a zone.

4everahawk 9 years, 2 months ago

For all of you that liked this game and say how good KU was, obviously were watching a different game than I was.........

dchon 9 years, 2 months ago

The Hawks just overcame their jitters. It's time! Let's go Hawks!

Woody Cragg 9 years, 2 months ago

Cmon guys lighten up. They haven't played in pert near a week and that was a friggin Championship game; this was a 16 seed in the 1st rd. They were bound to come out flat, but no way they'd lose this game. The flat crap is gone now, if they go belly up from poor execution it just happens. Can happen to anybody at any stage from here on. Watch out for Faried from Morehead. TRob may be a beast but this guy's a real Frankenstein. That's gonna be a damn tough out too. One at a time men-Illini next it looks like then hopefully the Spiders after that.

jaybate 9 years, 2 months ago

Only negative is Self played the starters a ton of minutes.

Oh, well, guess he knows how much gas is in the tank for Sunday.

JRandall 9 years, 2 months ago

Gosh.. so surprised by these comments. Was wondering how long it would take u to multiple post the same ol same ol. I just wish I had a direct mind link with Self.. to understand as much as u obviously do.. oh great one.

You could b right on, who knows. I just don't agree that anyone has as much control over this teams mental status. Their a tough group 2 figure out. As long as they win... GREAT.

jaybate 9 years, 2 months ago

HEM,

We'll agree to disagree, but here is my POV.

They'll probably come out with a medium amp for the second game. Self does it every tournament. Flat the first game, if he thinks he can grind by, amp the second game.

Each weekend is two game tournament. He picks which game he needs to get them up for. As I've said before, in 2008 he even reversed the deal and amped them out through the roof vs. UNC to get the W, and gambled on the team being able to beat Memphis with its B-game. I've always said KU could easily have beaten that Memphis team by 15-20 with a peak performance. But they couldn't have one, because they had to have a peak performance against UNC to get the shot at playing for the title.

Heck, Self will send them out flat for both games the first week end, if he thinks he can grind two.

This strategy of sending teams out flat is why his teams get upset from time to time. When you send a team out flat this time of year, you are gambling big time. Each opponent has one player that can go off and beat you all by himself on a career night.

But its a gamble Self takes, because it means he saves his team's peak performance for the better opponent, which maximizes his chances of beating the better opponent.

The calculus is pretty simple: he would rather gamble on grinding a win out against a lesser team, than bringing less than his best against a good team.

And if Self thinks his team can get by UNLV, or Illini, without an amping Sunday, he will wait another weekend to really amp the team.

But I'm guessing he will think this team needs at least a little geeking to get the W.

Each team has only so many peak performances in it. Never more than one in a week end. Self believes in saving those performances for the best opponents.

He did it in the B12 tournament. Two grind games, and then he sent them out high as kites against Texas.

It is why he wins so many games, but gets upset more often against the lesser teams.

kesmithstl1 9 years, 2 months ago

In my opinion, Self has some motivation if this game holds true and KU is playing Illinois. I think he wants to drill Bruce Weber into the ground. Possibly a win this one for me type of speech! It's very evident, their is no love loss between Weber and Self as noted in Self's book. The burning of a doll resembling Self upon Weber's arrival and the lack of credit the university gave Self during Illinois' runner-up season fuel the motivation. I hope this is true. I really dislike the Illini as they are the only team who Mizzou looks good against away from home!

JRandall 9 years, 2 months ago

Your theory has some holes.. "Each team has only so many peak performances, never more than one in a weekend?... Take a look at UConn in this years Big East tourney.

Hank Cross 9 years, 2 months ago

I'm not liking IL's size at all. I'm guessing the game plan for them will be to pack it in, cut down the passing lanes to the twins, and force Reed and Brady to be beat them. TT and Selby better be ready to slash.

100 9 years, 2 months ago

And when Illinois is on D, it's gonna be real interesting see a 7 footer chase one or both of the twins between the 3 point line & the iron.

Make that 7 footer run around, out of position....

If they go zone.... Lookout....

Best passing team in the NCAA....

And we have a knife of a driver in TT.

Rock Chalk

Ron Franklin 9 years, 2 months ago

i am with you on this. i'm nervous about this footer. hopefully he get's into foul trouble early. if the shots are not falling, it will be a long night, because I don't see kief and 'cus, the Marcus Twins being able to get it done inside against a giant. I think both of the Marcus twins got stuffed tonight repeatedly by a lesser talent.

run 'em into the ground guys.

ps. i'll be just fine without ever hearing marv albert's voice again in my life. his commentary is horrible.

ku_tailg8 9 years, 2 months ago

I've never seen a PG dribble off of his legs more times than TT. Geez it drives me nuts. Plus there isn't a 1 on 3 fast break that TT doesn't like. I love how he played against Texas but we need more consistency from our PG.

Kristen Downing 9 years, 2 months ago

We need to attack and hustle more from the tip-off. Look at Morehead State, Florida and Gonzaga. Need I even mention Duke. I have always had problems with Self's ability to utilize the zone and have KU's offenses ready to play against the zone. I would always play the zone against KU. At least Illinois' big men are skinnier than BU, cause the twins and TRob had trouble against the beefier 16 seed guys.

Jeff Kilgore 9 years, 2 months ago

It's funny to scrutinize a game. There's talk of us coming out flat or looking ahead or whatever angle you want to look at it. To me, it's simple. The ball falls in or it doesn't. When it does, a team like KU is very hard to beat. When it doesn't, typically, we still win. Having the shots fall early is like a divine blessing. We need five of them.

riverdrifter 9 years, 2 months ago

Illinois looked slow, like a bunch of Lurches to me. They won't be able to keep up. Concern: Robinson was a no-show today. 2 points.

Ron Franklin 9 years, 2 months ago

so the law of averages is in his favor tomorrow, right:)

ku_tailg8 9 years, 2 months ago

You people need to take off your horse blinders. Give me a break! If you chalk up to this win as them getting their feet wet then I'm glad I trusted my gut by not picking them for the final four. It breaks my heart, but they don't deserve the benefit of the doubt. If the Morris' are going to make sure this year doesn't happen like next then they better step up and make their teammates play better. Todays performance was a joke, and you better pray the next team doesn't shoot as well as them. (Lame ass defense).

Robert Ramp 9 years, 2 months ago

Does anyone else remember who Northern Iowa beat in the opening round last year???...Uh-oh

Chris Shaw 9 years, 2 months ago

I'll be honest, I had Illinois beating UNLV, but I did not expect the dominating performance the Illini displayed. Pretty impressive actually. I guess the one bright spot is that they literally only 7 guys and the two guys that came off the bench, Richardson and Head, only got 14 and 15 minutes.

I think if you control or contain McCamey the best you can and stop Davis in the post KU should be okay. I hope the hawks got rid of the "Jitters" because they will need to play a lot better than that or we'll be watching how the Fighting Illini got to their first Final Four since 2005.

Chris Shaw 9 years, 2 months ago

Jesse Newell brought up a great point early on this pre-game discussion. Illinois hasn't won 2 games in a row since Jan. 6th. Before tonight, they were also 6-10 in their last 16 games.

Justin LoBurgio 9 years, 2 months ago

1) Illinois played a fantastic game tonight. 2) UNLV is not that good. 3) Whatever happens in this game is up to us. If we come out with focus and attention to detail like the Texas game we will be just fine.

ku_tailg8 9 years, 2 months ago

Lets be honest. Whatever happens to us will be dictated by the opposing team. We don't push our style of basketball. We just hang back and play their style regardless who they are. Please prove me wrong, but I have a bad feeling about this team. On another note, I knew the 2008 team was awesome and had all the parts. This team is lacking a low past man.

Kye Clark 9 years, 2 months ago

While I might be inclined to agree with you to some extent that KU does play to their opponents style more often than I'd like, I would say that if that's the case it's primarily because KU wants to play fairly up-tempo, and it is always easier for a team to slow down the game and take the air out of the ball than it is for teams to speed up their opponent. There have been instances of this team imposing their style of play. All 3 Colorado games and the second Nebraska game being examples that come to mind.

To your point about lacking a low "past" man (I assume you mean post), are you talking about a defensive or offensive presence? Because you do know that Marcus Morris was Big 12 POY and 2nd team All-American right? He might get 3 ppg from shooting treys and maybe a couple on drives, but by and large both the Twins own the post. Just ask Texas. They both rebound well, and while it's true that they are not great defenders, they are both so important to this team that they have to stay out of foul trouble. If anything, this team is lacking a perimeter player who can be counted on to carry the offense for stretches. Tyshawn showed a glimpse of being that guy against Texas, but he's far too inconsistent to say "well the Twins can't get it going, but Tyshawn will right the ship."

ku_tailg8 9 years, 2 months ago

First of all I agree with most of what you are saying. But Brady and Tyrel are what makes our outside shooting go around. Tyshawn has a nice percentage but the guy lacks in other departments. And yes we are lacking down low. If one of the twins grabs the ball in the low post then there is nobody there to rebound on the other side. If he makes it great, but if he misses its going the other direction. We rebound ok on the 3 but we certainly need Reed and Morningstar to take more shots from 3 to get us all the way.

ljmhawk 9 years, 2 months ago

Ron Franklin 9 years, 2 months ago

while I have not decided if I agree with Jaybate's theory, I don't think He is talking about physical conditioning and effort. He is talking about an aroused state of mind. And there is truth to the idea that one cannot achieve a maximum state of arousal effectively multiple times in a short period of time. also, a high level of arousal cannot be maintained for a long period of time, hence the reference to 'peak performance'

my two pesos.

ljmhawk 9 years, 2 months ago

well it's win or go home so they better peak every game.

jaybate 9 years, 2 months ago

ljmhawk 9 years, 2 months ago

lol yup I'm uh moron. I never graduated from kindergarten let alone KU. maybe I should have majored in everything like you? darn...I'm a failure and uh moron.

ljmhawk 9 years, 2 months ago

sorry I'm not an English major like yourself, but there is one thing I know more about than u and that's basketball. I played at the college level and for you to think that coaches don't motivate the team for tourney games is flat out stupid. it's march madness....either you play hard or you go home. look at duke...they blow out their 16 seed...and I bet they beat Michigan by 15+. and do u know why? because they are hungry and bring their best every game. coach k doesnt tell them oh hey, go out and just play Hampton at half speed. jaybate...your theories are stupid and I think you need to get out if your grandma's basement.

Tyson Ailshie 9 years, 2 months ago

I wonder if the recent NCAA tourney play by the Jayhawks is a direct result of non-conference scheduling the last 5 years. Call me crazy, but I seem to think that playing the likes of UMKC, Longwood and North Texas are detrimental to us going into every post-season. We are not getting tested early. I know we're in the Big 12 yada yada. The Big 12 is a bit overrated (Mizzou and A&M already eliminated, Texas struggles with Oakland??) plus we got blown out by K State. When was the last time that happened? For some reason, every year, we enter the tournament as a high seed and just stand around and watch or hoist shots that are completely off the mark. I just want to know, except for 2008 which was an absolutely magical post season, what the hell is going on with Kansas Basketball? Duke dominated yesterday. They always dominate, and that's what I expect from us. The team was missing easy shots. Our guards were getting beat to the hole and missing shots against BU. I am so disappointed in Selby. He's suppose to be a freshman phenom and so far, jack s*&%. Hell, I liked Xavier's abilities and potential better. Is he seriously considering the NBA next year?? Just sayin'. The silver lining here, is a great coaching staff and the fact that we did show signs of defense.

jonas_opines 9 years, 2 months ago

If you look at 2008's non-con schedule, you will be amazed at its similarity to this year.

Almost all theories about our performance in the tournament fall apart, except one.

We have so many stories of upsets in the tournament because we get there every year. And winning in the tournament is hard.

Kye Clark 9 years, 2 months ago

Every team has cupcakes on it's schedule (well, except maybe the cupcakes themselves). Duke, UK, UNC...look at their schedules and you will find that they play scrubs too. Consider all the teams that KU played that made the tourney this year. USC, UCLA, Arizona, Michigan, and Memphis. That's a pretty decent handful of teams for the non-con portion of the schedule.

As to your point about the Big 12...yeah the league wasn't the greatest this year, but pointing to a couple of teams in the tournament is misleading. I could say "the Big East is overrated. Villanova already eliminated, as well as Louisville losing to Morehead St??, Georgetown losing to VCU??, St. John's losing to Gonzaga?? (all three against a lot lower seeds!) and Syracuse struggling with Indiana St??".

As for comparing Xavier and Selby, I would agree Selby has been a disappointment, but when you factor in the suspension and his injury (which he hasn't been the same since) it's not completely surprising that he is behind the curve. I don't know what his thoughts are on jumping to the NBA next year. If he is, the rationale would be that he would still be getting drafted on potential, which is still there. My guess is he'll be back though and next year we'll see a much improved player.

ku_tailg8 9 years, 2 months ago

I'm glad Whitey got some time. I don't want to say we wasted a scholarship on him but at this point it seems so. Why can't he step up and play strong? What was the point in taking him as a transfer if he can't step right in. This team bothers me. Please prove me wrong.

Mike Crosbie 9 years, 2 months ago

Withey looked improved....but going against the twins in practice everyday can do that...he should be pretty good next year....

I know it makes no difference...BUT....mizzou beat Illinois and so did Michigan....I'm thinking if mizzou can beat them we will be OK.....

Martin Rosenblum 9 years, 2 months ago

Obama was heard to have said "...see I told you KU was on their way to a National Championship" Later, he discovered that Illinois would have to be beaten by KU in order for us to advance. He then made a call to Blagojevich to withdraw his wager on Illinois in the tournament.

(all ficticous comments made in attempts to create humor.no politicos were harmed in the making of this comment.ofer null and void in the state of Illinois.no person living or dead......)