Are you an aspiring sportscaster? How 'bout a filmmaker? Or even just a rabid Jayhawk fan?
Welcome to the KUsports.com Recreate The Shot contest. Your challenge is to creatively reinterpret the video below as exactly as you can — without using any photos or video that includes KU's athletes or coaches, or that would otherwise be covered by copyrights or trademarks.
Tall order, right? Well a challenge this big deserves one heck of a prize. KUsports.com sponsor, Kief's Audio/Video of Lawrence, will provide the grand prize winner of the contest with a new, 32" HD TV valued at $2,000. The runner-up will receive two tickets to a KU men's basketball game in 2010. All contestants who enter, and are age 21 or older, will receive a ticket to a free buffet at Prairie Band Casino in Mayetta, Kan.
There's just one more catch; in addition to recreating the video as precisely as you can, you must incorporate the KUsports.com logo in your video.
Entries must be posted to YouTube and then submitted to KUsports.com. Entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. on Dec. 28 and will be judged by a panel including two employees of The World Company and a third judge made up of aggregate votes of KUsports.com users.
1. Creating an Entry: To enter, a person/group must create a video. Each entry must meet each of the following requirements:
a. Videos must be exactly 1:05.
b. Videos must contain the following content:
1. Some sort of recreation of the last-second shot that sent the 2008 NCAA championship game to overtime. For reference, video of the shot as posted to YouTube is above. Be creative, as this must be your own, unique interpretation of “The Shot”. Entries will be judged on their creativity. You must not include any actual footage of the shot — or that is covered by a third-party’s copyright.
2. The KUsports.com logo must appear somewhere in the video. The logo can be downloaded here:
c. Videos cannot contain any trademarks, logos or copyrighted material other than those of KUsports.com.
d. No images of current or former student-athletes or coaches may be used in the videos.
2. Submitting an Entry: Once you/your group have created a video, it must be uploaded to YouTube and you must provide a link via this form. Entries must be in .MOV, .AVI or .MPG format. There is a limit of one submission per person. Subsequent submissions disqualify all submissions. KUsports.com staff members will view all videos prior to embedding them on KUsports.com. Any entries that are inappropriate or that do not follow rules of the contest will be disqualified.
3. KUsports.com’s Right to Entries: By submitting a video, you give KUsports.com the right to publish that video on its Web site. In order to receive the grand prize, the winner agrees to provide an uncompressed version of the winning video for KUsports.com to use on its site and in its marketing and promotions. The winner also agrees to allow his or her image to be used in marketing and promotions relating to this contest.
4. Entry Period: The video submission period begins on Dec. 1, 2009, at 12 a.m. CST and ends on Dec. 28, 2009, at 11:59 p.m. CST. Videos that are submitted before or after this period will be disqualified.
5. Selection of Finalists: During the voting period from Jan. 1, 2010 through Jan. 7, 2010, all eligible entries will be posted to KUsports.com and members of the public will be asked to vote for their favorite. There is a limit of one vote per person per day. The public vote will make up one-third of the overall voting, and two celebrity judges from The World Company also will have their votes each make up one-third of the overall voting. The top five vote-getters will receive points based on the votes they receive. First place in votes receives five points, second place receives four points, third place receives three points, fourth place receives two points and fifth place receives one point. Videos that place sixth or lower in the voting receive no points. The same point system applies for the celebrity judges. Both celebrity judges will pick their top five videos, ranking them one through five. A first-place vote receives five points, a second-place vote receives four points, and so on. After adding up the fan points and the points given by our celebrity judges, a winner and second-place finisher will be determined by total number of points earned. The fan vote will serve as a tiebreaker if any videos receive the same number of points. Winners will be officially announced on or around Jan. 13, 2010.
6. Prizes: The first-place winner will receive a 32” HDTV valued at $2,000 from Kiefs Audio/Video of Lawrence. The second-place person/group will receive tickets to a mutually agreed upon 2010 men’s KU basketball game. In the event agreement cannot be reached, KUsports.com reserves the right to select the game for which tickets will be awarded. All entrants who are 21-years or older by Jan. 1, 2010, will receive a free buffet from Prairie Band Casino. KUsports.com reserves the right to make adjustments to the prizes given out in case of unforeseen circumstances.
7. Entrants: Employess of The World Company, Kiefs Audio/Video and Prairie Band Casino are not eligible to participate. By submitting a video to this contest, entrants guarantee they are at least 14 years of age.
This contest is brought to you by KUsports.com, Kiefs Audio/Video and Prairie Band Casino.